SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Thats normal, you are not meant to doubleclick them..

Actually, looking at that error, I know you are using SageMC (which I don't use), and I cannot remember how it is meant to work there, but did you re-import?
The code in the STV and the JAR files needs to be in sync -- that error suggests that the STV code is calling obsolete functions that are no longer in the JAR.

Check that it works with the default STV... If so that the problem is with SageMC. You may get better luck posting in the sagemc thread...
That sounds about right. I will try what you suggest. Yes, I used your original newsreader from when you first had it and will have to figure out how to get SageMC to forget the old newsreader.
Thanks as usual!

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
a podcast is a newsfeed just copy/paste the link to the podcast as you would for a newsfeed.
Doh! Well I did add the podcast in question per your excellent instructions

Its a audio podcast. All I get is the description of the feed but it states 0 after updating.

Here's the feed: http://www.udmercy.edu/atp/atp.rss

Maybe I'm setting it up wrong?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Works for me... Maybe there was a temporary error in the feed? When it says 0 items, if you highlight the feed, were there any errors listed in the title bar...
Old 04-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Works for me... Maybe there was a temporary error in the feed? When it says 0 items, if you highlight the feed, were there any errors listed in the title bar...
No errors. 0 items, 0 unread. I tried again today too. Do I need you webtext plugin too?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2 View Post
No errors. 0 items, 0 unread. I tried again today too. Do I need you webtext plugin too?
no the webtext plugin is not required... Did the feed title/description get updated in the details, or is it still lisitng the URL?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
no the webtext plugin is not required... Did the feed title/description get updated in the details, or is it still lisitng the URL?
Yes the feed title/description is updated in the details. A force update still shows 0 unread. I click on the feed (just for the heck of it) and it dims for a second but returns doing nothing.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, this may help others who are not getting this plugin to work.

I found some class files that were interferring with the plugin. I removed the top level directory they were in -SageTV/org/gnu/stealthp/rsslib

I then restarted SageTV and all is working fine.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anybody else have a problem with this stvi and the importer? If I add this stvi in my plugins.cfg it doesn't seem to import properly. I have to manually import to get it to work. I am running sagetv 6.1.8
Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

Is there any way to make every client/ps user/mvp pull from the server's defined feed file?

TIA

B
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2 View Post
Anybody else have a problem with this stvi and the importer? If I add this stvi in my plugins.cfg it doesn't seem to import properly. I have to manually import to get it to work. I am running sagetv 6.1.8
Which part isn't working? I have about 9 or so stvi's loading in the cfg and it seems to work thus far, although I have not tried to download anything, only set up the audio and video feeds.

B
Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Which part isn't working? I have about 9 or so stvi's loading in the cfg and it seems to work thus far, although I have not tried to download anything, only set up the audio and video feeds.

B
I have about 18 stvi's. I have moved it around in the list (it is currently last). I did double check filenames. After running the importer, I goto the menu item and it states "RSS news reader - nielm" not found (or something similar. I then import the stvi by hand and all is well.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

all I can say is that it works for me... not very helpful

Check the name of the stvi in the plugins.cfg is correct, and maybe enable debug logging (see faq) and check the logging after trying to import...
Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am getting a problem were some feeds are just not working. They continue to update but never do.

http://digg.com/rss/index.xml
http://wireddeals.com/deals/web/feed/src/fw18/age/86400
etc

The yahoo pipes feeds don't seem to be working as well.

FYI: I am using SageTV v5 with SageMC (included with previous rss plugin). I have several other feeds that work with out a problem.

your help is greatly appreciated..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
I am getting a problem were some feeds are just not working. They continue to update but never do.
http://digg.com/rss/index.xml
Digg appears to be blocking the user agent which Java sends when it attempts to download the RSS feed...
They block it in the worst possible way: leaving the connection open until it times out, and as updates are synchronous, then this blocks other updates.

Workaround: pass the DIGG feed through a yahoo pipe which reformats it.. Except that as you say pipes don't work because for some wierd reason... I will look into it soon..

the wireddeals feed appears to work...
Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
all I can say is that it works for me... not very helpful

Check the name of the stvi in the plugins.cfg is correct, and maybe enable debug logging (see faq) and check the logging after trying to import...
Found my problem (sheepish grin). Helps if the extension is also spelled right....
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Digg appears to be blocking the user agent ...then this blocks other updates.

Workaround: pass the DIGG feed through a yahoo pipe which reformats it.. Except that as you say pipes don't work because for some wierd reason... I will look into it soon..

the wireddeals feed appears to work...
This may explain why the wireddeals feed was not working...I may have placed it after the digg feed.

Nielm thanks in advance...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

Help me with my memory...I thought the RSS plugin allowed for FF/REW and pause.....I've been using it for a while and I just upgraded to V6.2 of SageTV and the RSS for a podcast does not allow me to do anything , but listen and stop it..(no FF/REW/pause)...like I said, my memory is going, so pardon me if I was wrong, but I thought I remembered that you could do all these with the plugin...

Gary Ellis
Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Expert

I can't seem to get the podcast to play through my extender. I just got the new HD extender and I am on sage 6.3.... But, I also tested it on my old MVP and it would not work for me there, either..It does work on my server, though.

The plugin seems to work fine. I can load URL's for podcasts, they update fine, and then I press listen and the podcast seems to buffer or load exactly as it should, but when its ready to play, I get a flicker and poof, its gone...and back to the ICON for the podcast.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

V4.1 20 Dec 2007 (download)
  • Added Animations
  • Fixed feed reading for BBC news feeds
  • Fixed podcast handling on extenders (podcasts are now downloaded first before playback starts)
  • Added NTE entry
  • Modified to work with WebViewer plugin

Note that this needs a new version of the web page viewer plugin to view web pages...
Old 12-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Sage Expert

ok..I loaded the plugin and turned on my new HD extender...I went to my podcasts and clicked to view or listen to one.. It started loading .when it got to 99%, it stopped and gave me the slowly spinning circle..I checked my CPU and it had spiked to 100%... I tried several times...same result..I watched my CPU at normal usage all the way as the podcast loaded, when it hit 99%, the cpu went to 100%. When I turned off my extender, the cpu immediately went back down to normal. I played the podcast in the server and no problem, good sound and no spike.

Thanks,

Gary Ellis