SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I cannot test with an HD extender (sniff) but the podcasts I tried worked with the MVP... It may well be a core bug relating to the extender

Which podcast are you trying to play?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Sage Expert

OK..I've tested it several times now , after reinstalling dynamic menu's and reinstalling rss plug in..

the podcast I am trying to play...

http://podcast.oneplace.com/Running_To_Win/3193631.xml

it works on the server...

When I play through either of my 2 HD extenders or my one remaining MVP...

I get the same thing....it now goes all the way through to 100%, then actually gives me the timeline..(like its trying to play)..although the timeline has all zeros... And the description of the podcast is at the top of the screen..

But, nothing plays...it then goes pretty quickly to a slow spin and the cpu spikes to 100%. no sound....

again...on both extenders and on the MVP.

I tried several different podcasts, and same result..

Then I loaded this feed into the online videos section and tried that...I got pretty much the same thing except no slowly turning circle..and cpu did not spike.... just screen had timeline on it, but no sound...

So, any way..that's it..

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Nielm,

I have a couple of podcasts that I subscribe to and require a login name and password to access the feeds. Does the reader support this and if not is there a way it could be added somehow? That would be great if that was possible.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Yup, did the same. Thanks neilm, as usual! If you scroll down the entries the title and times show at the top, but the entries themselves are blank...is this correct?

P
I get the same thing, one item at top of page and a list of 1,2,3,4,5 and nothing beside the numbers, but when I scroll to number 2, I see the text at top.

Scat
Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Sage User

MVP setup

I have this running on my server, it's a great plugin, can't thank nielm enough.

I have set up dynamic menus on an MVP but with only a remote as a UI can't easilly set up the RSS importer as a menu item. Looking through this thread and wiki hasn't given me an answer as to how I set this up, so I'm hoping I'm not being completely dumb here.

In the wiki there is a MenuItemLet that I believe should be pasted into a file for the MVP ??? if so where would I find the correct file and what is it called?(nothing obvious in clients or STVs)

Do I then populate the feeds for the MVP using news.dat and putting a copy in clients or will the MVP reference the news.dat for the server?

Thanks

{edit}

so having built a new server (hard disk died which took out two motherboards - very odd) and re installed everything I had forgotten to save my changes to the menu, did I say I hoped I wasn't being dumb?

I now have a problem where if I select the RSS Feeds on the main menu of the MVP the MVP hangs up and doesn't respond other than to go to standby.

{edit}

Re boot everything and it works.

Last edited by paulb; 02-01-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
See the Rss News module page on the sage Wiki for download and install instructions.
Is this URL still accurate?

http://www.sage-community.org/index....mModuleRssNews
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender

Last edited by Opus4; 02-08-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Edited for quote length
Old 06-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone had success with this (and viewing web sites with the webviewer) in SageTV 6.4.3 and on an HD Extender?

I tried it last night on the server and it worked great, but it completely locked up my HD Extender when I tried it there. The menu was fine, I chose the feed I wanted, it got through "Loading {url}", but once it got to "Loaded {url}", it completely froze there, requiring a hard reboot (switch-off on the unit).

The more I think about it (as I type this), it could be an issue with the WebViewer and not the RSS Reader, since it froze at the point where the web reader should open.... but I never had the option (as on the server, where it worked) to choose "view in Sage" rather than "view in a browser" and to choose which program to use.

Anyone else tried/succeeded? (for that matter, does the WebViewer work on the HD Extender?)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

rss on extender

bump
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi nielm,

In case you are monitoring this thread, please take a look at this.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...48&postcount=1
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

is it still not possible to view the rss feed inside sagetv i see the title but when i go into it all i get is a Error: Page failed to load. why cant i get this to work ? or is it just able to see title's ?