SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
I'll look into this and add it if it's not too much trouble...
Cool. I am very surprised this didn't come up already. I am used to this from using my dish dvr, not sure if all stb's do this or not.

I'll bet most people would love this feature.

thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'll look into this and add it if it's not too much trouble...
Not to be too demanding here, but since you are updating this anyway. I have another little idea.

Pushing the arrow side keys may as well open up the miniguide too. Don't know why but I've gotten into that habbit on my dish when I want to see what's on next. I know, you can push up and then sideways, but this feature would eliminate one button push.

thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by area123
Not to be too demanding here, but since you are updating this anyway. I have another little idea.

Pushing the arrow side keys may as well open up the miniguide too. Don't know why but I've gotten into that habbit on my dish when I want to see what's on next. I know, you can push up and then sideways, but this feature would eliminate one button push.

thanks.
I'm not sure about this one.... I'll bet some of us (my self included) could benefit from more exercise. Eliminating that one extra button push would make us burn less calories! I'm not sure I can justify that!!

Jim
Old 03-28-2006, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually, I noticed last night that the side keys ceased to function for me. I am using the new Sage beta with native MCE remote drivers. I don't know if that is the cause, but thought I'd post here too.

Thanks,

B
Old 03-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Actually, I noticed last night that the side keys ceased to function for me. I am using the new Sage beta with native MCE remote drivers. I don't know if that is the cause, but thought I'd post here too.
It still works for me? Maybe it's an MCE thing?? do the left and right arrow keys (keyboard) still work?
Jim
Old 03-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

New Version posted at the TOP.

V0.95 - Get it while it's hot! - See first post at the top.

Quote:
Changes in v0.95

Left and right arrows key will now invoke the mini-guide if you use the arrow key mode.
While in the MG if you hit numeric keys it will get the guide data for that channel (To get to channel 7 you can hit 007 or 7{select})
Changed the background to look more like the V4 UI style
Fixed the channel icon bleeding into the top border.
I didn't do too much testing.. (but have I ever?)
I didn't really pay much attention to what happens if you are in music or a DVD... If something is busted let me know.

Jim
Old 03-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm not sure about this one.... I'll bet some of us (my self included) could benefit from more exercise. Eliminating that one extra button push would make us burn less calories! I'm not sure I can justify that!!

Jim
Ok, Ok. I guess it's just a habbit. I'm just trying to make this work as much like my dish as possible so as to make the migration for my wife as easy as possible, then all the extra stuff I'll use myself & she can learn over time. Basically she uses 5 buttons on that remote, two arrows, the select, the guide and the DVR button. I wish there was a way to integrate my dish remote into my system.

I have a separate newbie question about the guide. I can't find where to set the rounded corners option?? I searched through the .stv file and found the variable (can't remember exactly what it's called) but it was in the code about 8 times. Do I have to change all those to true or is there somewhere else where I set the variable to true?

thanks.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
V0.95 - Get it while it's hot! - See first post at the top.

I didn't do too much testing.. (but have I ever?)
I didn't really pay much attention to what happens if you are in music or a DVD... If something is busted let me know.

Jim
Great, can't wait to try it out.

Another dumb newbie question to go along with my previous dumb question. In order to upgrade, do we follow the same steps as the original install? I read somewhere that reinstalling a customization could corrupt Sage, so I wasn't sure if upgrading to a new customization would follow the same rules. I've read so much the past few days it is all becoming muttled.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I have a separate newbie question about the guide. I can't find where to set the rounded corners option?? I searched through the .stv file and found the variable (can't remember exactly what it's called) but it was in the code about 8 times. Do I have to change all those to true or is there somewhere else where I set the variable to true?

thanks.
You have to edit you sage[client].properties file. That's where the variable is set. But you have to be completly exited out of sage before you edit the file.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Great, can't wait to try it out.

Another dumb newbie question to go along with my previous dumb question. In order to upgrade, do we follow the same steps as the original install? I read somewhere that reinstalling a customization could corrupt Sage, so I wasn't sure if upgrading to a new customization would follow the same rules. I've read so much the past few days it is all becoming muttled.
Follow the same steps.. You should be able to reimport over the old version. That I tried and it worked fine on my system. It leaves some turds in the STV file sometimes, but they are harmless..
Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Follow the same steps.. You should be able to reimport over the old version. That I tried and it worked fine on my system. It leaves some turds in the STV file sometimes, but they are harmless..
Thanks. I guess I would have known that if I had read your original post.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Havent actually gotten this STVi loaded yet, so I apologize if my "idea" has already been implemented or proven impossible.

Once the MG is brought up, how about the ability to scroll out X number of hours? For instance, bring up the MG, then send remote commands of "2 4 right-arrow" to move out in time 24 hours? I dont think that works in the normal Sage guide does it?

Just be nice to have that feature, as my Dish receivers have it, and its nice to jump out a day at a time to see whats on (and set timers).
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Havent actually gotten this STVi loaded yet, so I apologize if my "idea" has already been implemented or proven impossible.

Once the MG is brought up, how about the ability to scroll out X number of hours? For instance, bring up the MG, then send remote commands of "2 4 right-arrow" to move out in time 24 hours? I dont think that works in the normal Sage guide does it?

Just be nice to have that feature, as my Dish receivers have it, and its nice to jump out a day at a time to see whats on (and set timers).
I thought that feature would be nice for the full guide (I'm not sure it isn't there already), my dish box doesn't do this in the miniguide thing, it only goes forward 1 program.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah I meant that. full guide you can go out X hours, not the mini. But I think it would be awesome to have it in BOTH for Sage
Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah.. I think that feature would be better in the full guide... Although I *think* I could do it in the MG, I'm not sure if everyone would like it there... I'd have to change some things around. Right now it forwards ahead by shows, not by time and it resets when you go to a different channel. I think it would have to remember the look ahead time to be useful when you move to another channel.. Then there's the question of how to go back...

Jim
Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Ahh, I wasnt aware that it scrolled by show, and not by time. That would pretty much kill this idea then. If it was implemented, you could jump back the same way, but have to use your memory. scroll out 24 hrs, have to remember to scroll back with left arrow same hours.

I was only thinking of it in terms of it being a lot nicer to view the MG and select recordings from it, than the whole guide with a small picture in upper right corner (I dont like the whole screen overlay version).
Old 03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby

From the manual page 43:

Enter one or more numbers followed by the Page Right command to jump ahead that many days in the guide.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Well look at that! I'd be dangerous if I actually read the manual!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

JB,

Can we, through the properties file (or you via an option), configure the timeout period?...I need it just a little bit longer to read some desciptions.

P
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
JB,

Can we, through the properties file (or you via an option), configure the timeout period?...I need it just a little bit longer to read some desciptions.
P
Yes.. You can configure in the detailed setup somewhere..
It's the OSD autohide. This isn't one of mine. It a regular sage thing. It's under the customize.

Jim