SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

O.k...I didn't realize you were using the Sage timeout. Cool, thanks.

P
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

Brain lock...what exactly does the blue "D" (Digital) denote...I never see it.

P
Old 04-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

The D stands for a digital recording... If you have a high def tuner, and a you recorded a show on it, then the D should show up. The Digital show usually are much bigger.. especially if they are HD shows. So this way I know what was recorded digitally and what was encoded from an analog source...

Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

That's what I thought. I have a Fusion5 ATSC tuner. Let me double check some HD recordings, but I'm pretty positive I don't see it. No biggie, it's just an icon...but everything else is working so well, I need a problem to troubleshoot...LOL!

Thanks,

P
Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

it also has to be enabled....in the config section...

Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK this might sound wierd at first:
Is there a way that I can switch the up/down arrow buttons? When I look at the normal guide I have to push the down arrow to get from channel 1 to channel 2, in the miniguide I have to press the up key for the same thing.
Now with the channel up/down buttons my finger/brain understands that it is channel "x" +1 but using the arrow keys for the same function in the opposite order is just too hard for my brain
Is there a way to make it customizable?
I tried changing it in studio, but had problems with going from the last channel back to the first.
Marneb
Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
OK this might sound wierd at first:
Is there a way that I can switch the up/down arrow buttons? When I look at the normal guide I have to push the down arrow to get from channel 1 to channel 2, in the miniguide I have to press the up key for the same thing.
Now with the channel up/down buttons my finger/brain understands that it is channel "x" +1 but using the arrow keys for the same function in the opposite order is just too hard for my brain
Is there a way to make it customizable?
I tried changing it in studio, but had problems with going from the last channel back to the first.
Marneb
Yeah.. I didn't like that either... Its backwards from the regular guide.. But since I don't even really use the mini-guide... I never bothered to change it... I'll see about making it customizable..
Jim
Old 04-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

That would be really great!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

LOL! For me, when I'm looking at the guide, I know I need to go "Down". In the MG, I know I need to increase "Up" or decrease "down" the channel number...I do eat a lot of fish though

P
Old 04-06-2006, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
LOL! For me, when I'm looking at the guide, I know I need to go "Down". In the MG, I know I need to increase "Up" or decrease "down" the channel number...I do eat a lot of fish though

P
Yeah, this is exactly how my brain works too ...

Dirk
Old 04-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Verision Posted at the Top.

Ok.. I reversed the UP/DOWN arrow keys. The rest of you that were used to the normal way will just have to deal! Just kidding. It's configurable....The default is the what was in previous versions...

Quote:
Changes in V0.96

Added the ability to reverse the function of the UP/Down arrow keys in the miniguide. I was constantly hitting down like in the regular guide to get a higher channel. Now if you want you can configure the Down button to do Channel up. and vise versa... The default is the Up = Channel up.
Like always.. Let me know if I screwed something up..
Old 04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Error

Hi Jim,

I am getting the the following error from time to time (screenshot attached):

Code:
Evaluation Error: Error in method reflection of Refresh of java.lang.NullpointerException
This only happens off and on, maybe about twice a week, but it's not really good for the WAF ...

Now - I am still using 0.94, so if you have fixed this issue in a later version then I'll just upgrade (which I wanted to do anyway). Also, since this hasn't been reported from anybody else, it could well be an issue with my specific configuration, but maybe you would know where to look ...

Thanks,

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (19.2 KB, 240 views)
Old 04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Have you added, removed, or swapped around any of your capture cards?

P
Old 04-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage User

I was just browsing through and saw this plugin. It was super easy to download and install. Took me like 10 seconds. THANK YOU so much for making this. What a great feature! I can't believe something like this isn't in the core install of sage!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Jim,

I am getting the the following error from time to time (screenshot attached):

Code:
Evaluation Error: Error in method reflection of Refresh of java.lang.NullpointerException
I assume you have warnings turned on? I think you can just turn them off and this might go away! (turn them off in studio)
Do you know under what circumstances you see this? Does it happed as soon as you invoke the miniguide? Does it happen on certain channels? Does it happen when you are watching live tv or a prerecorded show?
I'll see if I can make it more robust... but it may take a while...I don't have too much time right now..
Jim
Old 04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Have you added, removed, or swapped around any of your capture cards?
Well, I temporarily removed one of my PVR-150s to diagnose a problem with support, but I dont think I swapped them around ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
I assume you have warnings turned on? I think you can just turn them off and this might go away! (turn them off in studio)
Yeah, I have them turned on (also to diagnose errors in my own plugins ) I could turn them off as a last resort ...

Quote:
Do you know under what circumstances you see this? Does it happed as soon as you invoke the miniguide? Does it happen on certain channels? Does it happen when you are watching live tv or a prerecorded show?
Sorry, we didn't really pay attention to these details, but I'll try to note those down next time it happens. My wife said that this always happens while simply watching, without invoking the guide.

Quote:
I'll see if I can make it more robust... but it may take a while...I don't have too much time right now..
Jim
Sure, I understand. I will also update to the latest version and see if this makes a difference...

Thanks,

Dirk
Old 04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry, we didn't really pay attention to these details, but I'll try to note those down next time it happens. My wife said that this always happens while simply watching, without invoking the guide.
Without invoking the guide?? Now that's weird! That code shouldn't be evaluated if the MG isn't invoked!
Quote:
Sure, I understand. I will also update to the latest version and see if this makes a difference...
I kinda doubt that will make a difference...but you never know....
Old 11-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Sage User

Compatibility with v6?

I love this plugin and cannot have sage running without it! however since upgrading to sagetv ver 6.0.13, I have this minor problem where the miniguide doesn't stick to the bottom of the screen after using it to change the channel. Using it to browse channels is fine but as soon as i change a channel it ends up a couple inches off the bottom of the screen until it times out.
Any ideas? A quick studio fix maybe?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have not yet installed V6 and probably won't until sometime after it comes out of beta. I may at some point install it on my development machine and I may look at it.
But I have no idea when I will get to it..

Sorry... To many problems.. not enough time!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

Anybody have this working with 6.3.5? It's just an .stvi file and some icons...no .jar files to overwrite. I can't get it to work. JB, can you take a look? (It's a WAF thing )

P