SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Are these straight replacements or unregister, replace, reregister?

Thanks,

B
straight replacements.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

MVP's hanging for 10-15 secs

4.1.4 works fine for me - if quite slowly on the mvp. I've just loaded up 4.1.6 and am pleased with the speed improvements for the mvp. However I have noticed some strange behaviour with the mvp where it seems to hang every so often and occasionally crash.

Every 20-30 mins or so when watching live tv it hangs. Eventually the video comes back (most of the time) after 10 - 15 seconds. Now and then though the mvp doesn't recover from this hanging and crashes completely. This needs a power plug reboot.

I'm going to try switching java versions to see if that helps. I've just turned debugging=TRUE, so hopefully the logs might pioint me in the right direction.

I'm just thinking that as nobody else seems to have this problem might be something in my setup. Anyone else got these sorts of symptoms?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

and what are they supposed to fix/add?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
OK, tested with the replacement files.

HD shows seemed to be fine, a few glitches every once in a while, but not as frequent and devistating to the flow of the video as before. It could have been a good night for signals, so I need to test further.

SD shows recorded on a digital tuner, one in particular "Scrubs" was horrible. It seemed like there was a huge problem with deinterlacing which was causing very jerky playback on anything moving in the scene.

SD shows recorded on analog tuners, were fine.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Thought I'd post my results for this version. I was running 4.1.4 before and 4.1.5 sounded to scary, so I waited and I upgraded to 4.1.6 a few days ago. The server and MVP have been working well.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
and what are they supposed to fix/add?
1. Fix freezing DVB-T bug that occurs in some country/local area.
2. Recording multiple sound tracks in PS, if there are multiple audio streams in TV program
3. Playback some type of third part PS files that is not able playback before.
4. Playback TS file that doesn’t carry PAT/PMT.

Qian
Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
4.1.4 works fine for me - if quite slowly on the mvp. I've just loaded up 4.1.6 and am pleased with the speed improvements for the mvp. However I have noticed some strange behaviour with the mvp where it seems to hang every so often and occasionally crash.

Every 20-30 mins or so when watching live tv it hangs. Eventually the video comes back (most of the time) after 10 - 15 seconds. Now and then though the mvp doesn't recover from this hanging and crashes completely. This needs a power plug reboot.

I'm going to try switching java versions to see if that helps. I've just turned debugging=TRUE, so hopefully the logs might pioint me in the right direction.

I'm just thinking that as nobody else seems to have this problem might be something in my setup. Anyone else got these sorts of symptoms?
Just thought I'd add that after upgrading java to 1.5.06 everything seems to be working fine .... odd but there you go.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone else have an issue with scanning for HD channels using the Fusion 5 Lite card? During scan it causes PC to reboot. Using 3.3 official drivers.

B
Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Does anyone else have an issue with scanning for HD channels using the Fusion 5 Lite card? During scan it causes PC to reboot. Using 3.3 official drivers.

B
I have the Fussy USB 5 and Sage. I have had Blue screen of Death (BSOD)problems when doing a 8VSB channel scan with either the Fusion software or Sage. The Fussy USB 5 was some what more reliable after the first scan.

I found that the Fusion driver versions 3.2 and 3.3 when used with Sage 4.1.3 works. Any other combination has BSOD problems. Any older Fuson driver gave me a BSOD when doing a channel scan. Any newer version of Sage or Sage service gives me a BSOD after a few minutes.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 AM
Sage Icon

Recording at 3.2GB/Hr

I have my quality set to DVD Standard Play throughout (3.2GB/Hr). However, recording from DVB-T my standard 1hr shows (so 1:10 with padding) come to less than 1.5 GB. Is this because that is the quality standard of DVB-T broadcasts?

Not a complaint, they look pretty damn good anyway!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
I have my quality set to DVD Standard Play throughout (3.2GB/Hr). However, recording from DVB-T my standard 1hr shows (so 1:10 with padding) come to less than 1.5 GB. Is this because that is the quality standard of DVB-T broadcasts?

Not a complaint, they look pretty damn good anyway!
With DVB-T the data is just written to the hard-drive, since it is already in an mpeg format. Whatever the channel-provider will choose for a datarate, you will record.
No transcoding is done.

Marneb
Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm ready for the next beta..

I've spent a while now reading about the bug fixes since the last release ('that will be fixed in the next release' type of things) and have lived with a few of those bugs during that time... I know my readiness isn't a factor in Beta releases.. but I think most of us are ready for the next rev so we all have something new to either praise or grumble about that, perhaps, hasn't been done before....

Besides.. new things make us happy

Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

I would kind of like to see them fix the 1:26:44 fast forward bug before the next beta release. The interim stuff has 90% fixed my problem with ABC...only once in the last week did it screw up and that was when I was starting a show mid program. I am going to be hooking up my 3rd HD tuner today.

John
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage User

Sage Icon Keeps Spinning Indefinitely

I'm not sure if this is a beta bug, but this problem only started when I started using the 4.1.x betas.

For some reason if I put Sage to sleep and then re-awaken it, the sage screen appears but the sage icon keeps spinning and spinning. One time I left it for over 10 mins and it just kep going (nothing is happening with Sage during this point, its as if the program is frozen).

If I do a ctrl-alt-del and terminate sgae and restart it, the program works fine (that is, until I wake it up from sleep mode again - but note that this doesn't necessarly happen the first time I wake sage up)

I was thinking this might be java runtime issue, but I verified I have the latest version of runtime installed.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Many thanks!

Scott
Old 02-10-2006, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaz
I would kind of like to see them fix the 1:26:44 fast forward bug before the next beta release. The interim stuff has 90% fixed my problem with ABC...only once in the last week did it screw up and that was when I was starting a show mid program. I am going to be hooking up my 3rd HD tuner today.

John
The 1:26:44 bug reared yesterday during a show which was 1:30:00 in length. The wife said to go back at the end, as soon as I hit the button, I went back 3:16.

B
Old 02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to revo2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm not sure if this is a beta bug, but this problem only started when I started using the 4.1.x betas.

For some reason if I put Sage to sleep and then re-awaken it, the sage screen appears but the sage icon keeps spinning and spinning. One time I left it for over 10 mins and it just kep going (nothing is happening with Sage during this point, its as if the program is frozen).

If I do a ctrl-alt-del and terminate sgae and restart it, the program works fine (that is, until I wake it up from sleep mode again - but note that this doesn't necessarly happen the first time I wake sage up)

I was thinking this might be java runtime issue, but I verified I have the latest version of runtime installed.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Many thanks!

Scott

I get this also.

In addition sometimes at the end of a show when the recording stops and restarts, i get that and the screen if i remember correctly goes black.

Also, Sage doesn't seem to care what dvd decoder I pick. I've tried ffdshow and nvidia and i beleive it's default to sagetv's as ffdshow and nvidia's control panels aren't showing up(in the start menu) during video playback.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

1:26:44 annoyance

Very heartily 2nd the motion to fix the 1:26:44 bug. This problem has massively decreased the WAF on several occasions. Other than that, things are running well for me under 4.1.6--4 HD tuners in my server, no probs streaming to client, and the HD looks great. Shoddy broadcast of the Olympics tonight, but NBC actually put a program note when they switched to SD saying that the HD feed was jacked up due to inclement weather in NY.

Looking forward to 4.1.7!

cheers,
Dave
Old 02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage User

3rd the motion for a fix for the 1:26:44 bug, temperatures are rising to very high levels during the olympics and wife not being able to FW freely.:g
Old 02-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

1:26:44 bug is fixed

1:26:44 bug is fixed, go to http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/ to download dlls to replace old ones before 2.6.17 posted.
Qian
Old 02-18-2006, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
1:26:44 bug is fixed, go to http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/ to download dlls to replace old ones before 2.6.17 posted.
Qian
Thanks Qian, the link on myasyncflt points to dshow.