SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Personally I'd run it on all my recordings. If you're just wanting to test it out you can manually select a few shows to process. Trust me, if you run it on new recordings and like it you'll want to process all of them. If you want to specifically run it on new ones first you can try briands suggestion.

When I first started running comskip I had +200 gigs of recordings to process and used a lowly celeron 366mhz cpu running 24/7 and it never interfered with my recording or playback (dedicated server).

You could also run comskip on other computers until you get all the old recordings processed. Just set Dirmon2 up on the other computers and point it towards the recording directory.

Last edited by blade; 11-25-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Personally I'd run it on all my recordings. If you're just wanting to test it out you can manually select a few shows to process. Trust me, if you run it on new recordings and like it you'll want to process all of them. If you want to specifically run it on new ones first you can try briands suggestion.

When I first started running comskip I had +200 gigs of recordings to process and used a lowly celeron 366mhz cpu running 24/7 and it never interfered with my recording or playback (dedicated server).

You could also run comskip on other computers until you get all the old recordings processed. Just set Dirmon2 up on the other computers and point it towards the recording directory.
You know what, that is a very interesting idea! I had never thought about having my study computer do some of the work! I might have to do that at some point.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Jere, where can I upload a 500MB log file to ya?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Feature request

Hi Jere,

Any possibility of adding real job management features like pausing, stopping or skipping running jobs. Sometimes individual running jobs seems to hang or run away.

Also is it possible to putting defined jobs on hold? Sometimes I want Dirmon2 not to process SA jobs for a variety of reasons. My only recourse right now is to backup the ini file, then delete the job so it no longer appears in Dirmon2. Then copy the ini file back in place once I want SA to run again.

Thanks for a great product!

Merry Christmas

Dave
Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Hi Jere,

Any possibility of adding real job management features like pausing, stopping or skipping running jobs. Sometimes individual running jobs seems to hang or run away.

Also is it possible to putting defined jobs on hold? Sometimes I want Dirmon2 not to process SA jobs for a variety of reasons. My only recourse right now is to backup the ini file, then delete the job so it no longer appears in Dirmon2. Then copy the ini file back in place once I want SA to run again.

Thanks for a great product!

Merry Christmas

Dave
I don't see why not. It is an interesting challange. I'll look into it, but it may be a while.

Jere
Old 12-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Posted a bugfix version:

0.6.3 - 27 December 2006
- Fixed a problem when trying to delete a file that was already deleted.

Enjoy,
Jere
Old 01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage User

Used Files not clearing

Greeting - bng Dirmon2 with comskip on sage v5. Has been working great - my challenge is there 3 files associated with each mpg so I end up with 4 total files, the mpg itself, 2 txt files and a logo file. The logo files is deleting by itself. It seems at one time these would be cleared except for the one needed for sage stv.

Are these excess files needed? I followed the online tutorial, should I be adding some additional file extension names?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
Old 01-21-2007, 12:54 PM

brand new to dirmon2 and would like to find out if it's apropriate for
some tasks i need to do. i'm capturing timelapse jpg's to a drive and
am using imagemagick to crop and resize them, saving them to a
different folder. the jpg's arrive in folder one, are cropped and
saved to folder 2. then they are resized and saved again with the
same filename over themselves remaining in folder 2. each new
jpg arrives every 5-10 seconds. the processing and resizing might
take a bit longer than that.

how might i use dirmon2 such that i could intercept the new jpg's
as they arrive and process them? it would seem i'd need to monitor
two folders simultaneously. is this possible?

i'm also concerned about how i make sure all of the jpgs are processed
as the processing takes longer than the captures. i want to avoid
problems because of the processing stage falling behind the capture
stage.

this would be great if i can get it to work as it would cut my time
almost in half. as it is now i have to capture everything and not start
the processing until the capture is finished, that doubles my time. if
i could be processing as the captures are arriving it would be great.

thanks,
BabaG
Old 01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsokeefe
Greeting - bng Dirmon2 with comskip on sage v5. Has been working great - my challenge is there 3 files associated with each mpg so I end up with 4 total files, the mpg itself, 2 txt files and a logo file. The logo files is deleting by itself. It seems at one time these would be cleared except for the one needed for sage stv.

Are these excess files needed? I followed the online tutorial, should I be adding some additional file extension names?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
SageTV only needs a txt file, or an edl file. I'm not all that familiar with comskip, but you can just include the not needed files in the clean up section of DM2. If you created two rules, one for only deleting the txt or edl file when the mpg does not exist, then another rule to just always delete the other unwanted files, you should be good to go.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
SageTV only needs a txt file, or an edl file. I'm not all that familiar with comskip, but you can just include the not needed files in the clean up section of DM2. If you created two rules, one for only deleting the txt or edl file when the mpg does not exist, then another rule to just always delete the other unwanted files, you should be good to go.
Thanks - but what coding or logic do I put in the rule. The two remaining files are both txt files. One is the file that seems to be all the data which starts like this.. (this is the file I want to delete.)

Generated using Comskip 0.79.48
Time at start of run:
Sun Jan 21 16:07:56 2007

The other file is the one I think sage stv uses and is the one I think I need to keep. I just don't know how to code the rule to exclude the "generated using comskip file..."

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 107826 FRAMES AT 2997
-------------------
3727 5524
101859 103235
107041 107826

Thoughts? Thanks again
Old 01-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Well, the problem is, that the clean up utility is based on file extension only, so if you are using txt files, and not edl files, you will have to keep both txt files.

Is there a particular reason you need to delete the other files? They should all be small in comparison, so I wouldn't think it would matter. Just create one rule, that says if the mpg does not exist, to delete all the file extensions that you are seeing.

I don't know how to stop comskip from generating those files, as I don't have experience with it. If you started using ShowAnalyzer, I may have some suggestions for you, but someone else would have to help with comskip.

And, yes, the last file snapshot you listed, is the one that has the commercial detection in it.

There is a thread that I started over on the dragonglobal forums about setting up DM2 and SA for commercial detection. If you need help setting up DM2 for the clean up files, there is an example in there...or if you want to venture into SA (you can use the free version, it's just not as fast).

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

Old 01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

you can add output_default=0 to the config file and it won't create the txt skipfile.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Well, the problem is, that the clean up utility is based on file extension only, so if you are using txt files, and not edl files, you will have to keep both txt files.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

I tried setting output_defualt=0 in the comskip ini but that so far has not done anything. How do I change comskip to create a edl file instead of text? And once I do, what settings must I change in dirmon to delete all the txt files? Do I then need to change my sage stv to recognize edl files instead of text?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Sage Icon

No idea how to set comskip to create edl files.

To have DM2 delete the txt files, just make a clean-up rule that says something crazy, like, if "delete.txt" does not exist, delete "txt" files. Since you will not have a file labeled delete.txt, then it will automatically delete any txt files in that directory.

I do not believe you have to do anything to get the STV to recognize edl files, at least, I know with SageMC, it's automatic.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

comskip not creating edl files

I am having an issue where comskip is not producing .edl files when launched by dirmon2. I changed the comskip.ini and set output_edl=1 and output_default=0 but when Dirmon2 launches comskip it appears that it is ignoring the comskip.ini. If I launch comskip manually it produces .edl files like it should.

Here are my dirmon2 settings:
Name: SageTV
Directories: D:\
Program to run: C:\Program Files\ComSkip\comskip.exe
Targets: mpg
Resources Required: 50
Must Exist: mpg
Must Not Exist: edl

All the other settings I did not touch and are default

I tried setting command line options: --ini=comskip.ini but that did not work either.

I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats

I tried setting command line options: --ini=comskip.ini but that did not work either.
Use the full path to the ini file, e.g. --ini=c:\video\comskip\comskip.ini

Dirk
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Use the full path to the ini file, e.g. --ini=c:\video\comskip\comskip.ini

Dirk
So its super complicated then lol. I actually thought about trying that after I had given up last night but it was late and I have 6 hours of class today starting early so I just went to bed. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks

It worked great once I put the full patch to the ini file in quotes
thanks for your help

Last edited by Oats; 01-22-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Sage User

I'm trying to get DirMon2 to run a .bat batch file which will immediately automatically delete any partial recordings caused by live TV channel flipping and then run comskip. To do this I have created a batch file that checks if the recording created by SageTV is greater than 900 MB in size. Since I have my recording set to high quality this means basically anything under 25 minutes in length will be deleted. If the size is greater than 900 MB the batch file is supposed to run comskip on the file. For some reason it is not working within DirMon2 when I point DirMon2 to run the batch file in the "Program to Run" box. The file works perfectly outside of DirMon2. By just dragging the .mpg file onto the batch file I am able to run this just how I intended, but for some reason its functionality is ruined within DirMon2. I've posted the code below so any help would be great!!

Quote:
set fsiz=
dir/a-d %1 |find "(s)">%temp%.\$filesiz.bat
echo @prompt $n:$_cd $p$_%=%>%temp%.\$goback1.bat
%comspec%/e:4096/c%temp%.\$goback1.bat>%temp%.\$goback2.bat
for %%c in (%temp%.\ cd) do %%c %temp%.
echo :again>1.bat
echo set fsiz=%%fsiz%%%%2>>1.bat
echo shift>>1.bat
echo if not "%%2"=="bytes" goto again>>1.bat
for %%c in (call del) do %%c $filesiz.bat
call %temp%.\$goback2.bat
for %%f in (%temp%.\$goback?.bat %temp%.\1.bat) do del %%f
echo. file size is %fsiz%

IF %fsiz% LEQ 900000000 (del %1)
IF EXIST %1 ("C:\Documents and Settings\Jon\My Documents\My Videos\SageTV\comskip.exe" %1)
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Sage User

Has anyone ever had the issue when they set the black out periods and "save" dirmon2 crashes?

-- FC
Old 02-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by castylx
Has anyone ever had the issue when they set the black out periods and "save" dirmon2 crashes?

-- FC

Nevermind, figured it out, was putting in 9am and 130am for the blackout times... it was giving an unhandlede exception BTW.

-- FC