SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

FWIW, I released a new version of DirMon2.

0.6.4 - 8 May 2008
- Added ability to ignore hidden files
- Added ability to ignore files based on file size
- Added ability to ignore files based on file age
- When passing the filename to the processor, forward slashes are now back slashes.

You can get it here: http://www.dragonglobal.biz/download/

Since I'm in the mood, did I miss any major feature requests?

Jere
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

When I try and enter "0.1" in the Ignore files newer than ___ hours, and try and save it, I get an error message:

An unhandled exception occurred. Press Abort to terminate the program...blah, blah, blah.

If it does not accept non-integers, can it be changed from hours to minutes?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
If it does not accept non-integers, can it be changed from hours to minutes?
Would that be useful? The reason I ask is that DirMon checks the last modified time. While Sage is recording the created time and modified time are the same. Only when the file is done is the last modified time changed to the ending time.

Hours was the best compromise between seconds and days without adding a lot of complexity.

Jere
Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Sage User

Trying to set up comskip and DirMon2 on SageMC

I installed two days ago latest SageTV (6.3.0.166), yesterday I added latest SageMC (6.3.7a) and few plugins, and today I am trying to add comskip to be started by DirMon2

I extracted the latest comskip (79_137) in Program File\Comskip directory, modified .ini file to have verbose 5, tested it with mpg file.
Then I added it in DirMon2 using the following setup:

Name: comskip
Directories: C:\Documentsc and Settings\All User\Documents\Recorded TV
Program to run: C:\Program Files\Comskip\comskip.exe
Targets: mpg
Resources Required: 50
Must Exist: mpg
Must Not Exist: edl

Comand Line Options:
--ini=C:\Program Files\Comskip\comskip.exe

I installed and started comskip jobs in DirMon2.
After that I put all the files from Comskip_playback_152 plugin in SageTV folders, and tried to import the plugin, however I noticed that the plug in has the .stvi extension

Should I import it to SageTV (Detailed Setup) or is there other way to import this ti SageMC

Another question is regarding the Directories. Since I left checked the option Search Subdirectories, will comskip run on all the mpg files that do not have .edl extension in my directory and all subdirectories?

-Srecko
Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

SageMC needs no help in knowing what to do with comskip files. It automatically handles .txt and .edl files in the same directory as the .mpg files. (In other words, I do not think you need the comskip playback stvi, it's built in to SageMC.)

In trigger, I'm not sure what "Must Exist: mpg" would do, but I just leave that blank. The target tells DirMon2 what file to look for, and the trigger tells it when it should be doing something, or not.

If you have it search all subdirectories, comskip should run on any files within the base directory you specified, and any directories within that base directory.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it normal for DirMon2.exe to be using 37-40% of CPU capacity when DirMon2 is NOT running? When I close DirMon2 from the task bar, the Task Manager still shows DirMon2.exe using that much CPU, as if it is still running. Is this the way it should be? If not, what's wrong?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirmon2 runs all the time as a service. Mine uses 0% when it is idle.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is that to say that mine is not normal because it uses 37-40% when idle? What would cause this, and how do I fix it?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirmon by default scans your drives I believe every 6 minutes. So you will see CPU spikes even if the UI is closed. This is normal behavior. BTW closing the UI does not effect the way Dirmon behaves. Closing the UI does not put it in Idle mode.

Once Dirmon scans your drives it will go to Idle mode till it wakes up again to do another scan.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mine runs continuously. the only spike I see is when it goes from 37% to as high as 45%. Is there a setting to adjust this?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

You would need to post your INI file maybe one of your settings is causing Dirmon to continuosly run a job over and over again.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

here you are. Let me know what to do. Thanks
[Global]
Polling Time = 600
Available Resources = 100

[Service]
Start Automatically = 1
Run as Local System = 1
Allow Interaction With Desktop = 1
Run as User = 0
User Name =
User Password =

[Job Description 1]
Name = SageTV
Processor = C:/Program Files/Dragon Global/ShowAnalyzer/ShowAnalyzer.exe
Targets Are Paths = 0
Targets Are Extensions = 1
Command Line Options =
Must Exist 1 =
Must Exist Logic = OR
Must Exist 2 =
Must And Or Must Not Exist Logic = AND
Must Not Exist 1 = txt
Must Not Exist Logic = OR
Must Not Exist 2 =
Directory 1 = D:/Documents and Settings/Ron fisher/My Documents/My Videos/SageTV
Target 1 = mpg
Target 2 = dvr-ms
Resources Needed = 100
Timeout Enabled = 0
Timeout = -1
Priority Boost Due To Job Description = 0
Priority Boost Due To Age = 1
Priority Boost Due To Name = 0
Process Subdirectories = 1
Wait Until File Is Finished = 0
Wait Until File Is Idle = 0
Wait Until File Is Not Growing = 0
Wait Until File Is Not Growing Time = 1
Wait Until Drive Is Idle = 0
Wait Until Drive Is Idle Time = 2
Hide Console = 1
Blackout Enabled = 0
Blackout Start Time = 0
Blackout End Time = 0

[Job Description 2]
Name = ShowAnalyzer
Processor = C:/Program Files/Dragon Global/ShowAnalyzer/ShowAnalyzer.exe
Targets Are Paths = 0
Targets Are Extensions = 1
Command Line Options =
Must Exist 1 =
Must Exist Logic = OR
Must Exist 2 =
Must And Or Must Not Exist Logic = AND
Must Not Exist 1 = txt
Must Not Exist Logic = OR
Must Not Exist 2 =
Directory 1 = D:/Documents and Settings/Ron fisher/My Documents/My Videos/SageTV
Target 1 = mpg
Target 2 = dvr-ms
Resources Needed = 100
Timeout Enabled = 0
Timeout = -1
Priority Boost Due To Job Description = 0
Priority Boost Due To Age = 1
Priority Boost Due To Name = 0
Wait Until File Is Finished = 0
Wait Until File Is Idle = 0
Wait Until File Is Not Growing = 0
Wait Until File Is Not Growing Time = 1
Wait Until Drive Is Idle = 0
Wait Until Drive Is Idle Time = 2
Hide Console = 1
Blackout Enabled = 0
Blackout Start Time = 0
Blackout End Time = 0

[Cleanup Description 1]
Directory = D:/Documents and Settings/Ron fisher/My Documents/My Videos/SageTV
Target Extension 1 = edl
Target Extension 2 = txt
Target Extension 3 = vprj
Target Extension 4 = log
Target Extension 5 = frames.txt
Trigger Extension 1 = mpg
Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Change the Dirmon service from running as Local System to a user with a password. User should be an admin or equivalant.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. Will that stop the continual CPU usage I was seeing?
I will try that when I reload DirMon2 today. I installed a new hard drive in order to start fresh in light of all the Sage problems I was having. So far, so good.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Having installed a new hard drive and reinstalled SageTV, DirMon2, ShowAnalyzer and Comspip, Every time I start the computer, Shownalyzer does its thing on every recording I have stored in the directory. It didn't used to do that. I thought that DirMon2 only initiated the ShowAnalyzer program when there was activity in the specified directory. What do I need to do to correct this??

DirMon2 does not display the GUI at startup.

Every time I shut down Windows DirMon2 asks me if I want to save the changes, even when I have not made any.As all this is different than it used to be, I am confused (but, that's nothing new.)

And now, as I sit here, ShowAnalyzer just started doing its thing again, with NO activity on the HTPC. Certainly there is something amiss..........??

Last edited by Ronno6; 06-27-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

DirMon2 looks for files that you specify as the target, for instance, mpg files. If it finds one, it then looks for the commercial files, such as txt or edl. If they do not exist, it will then proceed to process the mpg files, creating the txt or edl files.

If you had recordings in your directories, without commercial files, then DM2 is going to kick off SA to process those. If you have commercial files, then perhaps your settings are not correct.

It's normal that DM2 does not display the GUI at startup. Once it's doing it's thing, no one really wants to see it...it just runs in the background.

As far as saving changes, when closing DM2, I have noticed this too. For some reason, it doesn't check to see if any changes have been made, and always asks you if you want to save changes, even if you didn't make any...not sure why.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have time out enabled at 14400 seconds which is 4 hours. There is a session of SA that has been running for over 11 and a half hours. Its a bad recording im sure, but still shouldn't dirmon2 kill the process? after 4 hours?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
I have time out enabled at 14400 seconds which is 4 hours. There is a session of SA that has been running for over 11 and a half hours. Its a bad recording im sure, but still shouldn't dirmon2 kill the process? after 4 hours?
Guess it all depends. The processing time will be different for every system, and can then be configured to where it will take a lot longer to process (throttling). But, I wouldn't think anyone would want commercial processing to take more than 4 hours!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
DirMon2 looks for files that you specify as the target, for instance, mpg files. If it finds one, it then looks for the commercial files, such as txt or edl. If they do not exist, it will then proceed to process the mpg files, creating the txt or edl files.
The files have already been processed by ShowAnalyzer (several times) and commercials have been marked. Settings are per my lengthy post earlier on this page, except I only have 1 job labeled ShowAnalyzer. I have tried to set up with user name and password, but cannot "install" and "start" the program unless I check the local user box.

If you see what is wrong in my set up post, please advise. For now I guess I just have to keep the recording directory empty.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you sure you are even creating a text file. Maybe you have output_default=0 in your ini. You should set up Dirmon to look for must not exist "txt or edl".

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.