SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I am trying to run DirMon2 with triggers set to "must not exist" txt OR vprj. The logic seems to be broken. If I omit the vprj extension, behavior is as expected, only files that don't have txt counterparts are processed. However, when I add vprj, DirMon2 processes all files, including ones with txt files.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Do the files with txt files AND vprj files get processed?

Must not exist "txt" OR "vprj" means that if either doesn't exist then the job will run. Think of it like this: Must not exist "txt" OR must not exist "vprj".

Did that help?

Jere
Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage User

ShowAnalyzer systray icons remain in systray until I mouse-over them

I just installed Dirmon2 and ShowAnalyzer and followed the instructions to set them up. Seems to work well; it processed all my shows over the past 2 days. Anyhow, I do have the Run as localsystem/'interact with desktop' checked, so when SA runs, I see the system tray SA icon.. and can click on it to bring up the SA status. However, what I am noticing is that it seems that when SA finishes, it does not remove itself from the system tray automatically. So, for example, I leave Dirmon2 up & running... I leave, come back to my computer 5 hours later. I see maybe 7 or 10 SA system tray icons down in my system tray. However, when I then mouse over any of those, they all disappear immediately, and only the 'active' one remains. So it seems like the system tray is not 'getting refreshed' when an SA instances is terminated, until I actually try to mouse over the icon, at which time the icon disappears from the system tray...

Note, if i remove the 'interact with desktop' checkbox, then i dont have this problem, because then the SA icon never appears in the system tray. I could leave it set to this to correct my problem, but I would like to see the SA in the system tray when its actually processing...

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is this is a bug? I pretty much installed and used all the same settings from the screenshots in the beginning of the thread.

Also, I just set my Blackout to be enabled, starting at 900, ending at 130. It is 1:03pm though, and I see SA is running against one of my recording right now? Why is this? Shouldnt it be blacked out & set to not run right now? Do I need to Save/restart dirmon2 or uninstall/reinstall service after changing the blackout setting? ( I did a File-Save and it saves my blackout settings if i close/reopen Dirmon2).

Here are my settings for SA too in case this is helpful:
Invisible Mode: not checked
Show status window: not checked
show system tray icon: checked
status window stays on top: checked
close when finished: checked
max cpu usage: 100
How much to slow down: 1
Start time: 0
end time: 0
all other settings also defaulted to default choices
Old 04-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

The terminated system tray problem I believe is a Windows problem, not SA. I get that on other programs too.

As for your blackout. If you want 9AM to 1:30PM, it needs to start at 900 and end at 1330, I think. It's military time, or 24 hour time. What you have it set for, is to blackout from 9AM to 1:30AM. Not sure why it was running at 1:03PM though, even with that setting.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
As for your blackout. If you want 9AM to 1:30PM, it needs to start at 900 and end at 1330, I think. It's military time, or 24 hour time. What you have it set for, is to blackout from 9AM to 1:30AM. Not sure why it was running at 1:03PM though, even with that setting.
Actually, I was meaning for the blackout to be 9am to 1:30am - meaning it would only actually run from 1:31am up until 8:59am overnight... I believe I copied the settings from a post by jere:

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/a...php?t-349.html

I may have not the leading zeros; not sure if that matters.. (He had 0900 to 0130 - I had 900 to 130). I will keep an eye on it. It does not seem to be processing now, which is good (although it may be because there are no files to process at this point).
Old 04-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Could be, or it could be that the settings weren't applied or something, maybe.

You could check it by deleting one txt file, and see if it starts to process it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage User

Systray Icon not going away

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The terminated system tray problem I believe is a Windows problem, not SA. I get that on other programs too.
I just googled around and found a few things relating to the systray problem. Seems like it may be a windows issue or a order of operations problem. I think though there are some things applications can do to help get around the problem. Check out the following links; maybe Dirmon2 needs to do something along the lines of the following: (Jere, I'm not sure what Dirmon2 is written in, but I posted a few items below; maybe one of them would prove to be useful?) Sorry to be a 'back seat' coder.... just trying to help improve the overall user experience w/ dirmon2. Would implementing any of the following perhaps solve the problem?

1 - Finding windows handle to systray; force an invalidate()
http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread353551.html
If you are talking about the System Tray Icon not disposing ie. The icon
still stays after the app is gone,
Thats a problem with windows. (I hope I understood your Q correctly though).

Take any app with a systray icon, end-task it, the icon stays .... until you
take your mouse over it.
Usually what I do is, I capture the handle to the systray, (FindWindow), and
then I invalidaterect it ... that gets rid of the icon on exit .. rest
assured, the resources by then are released (even though the tray didn't
repaint itself).

2 - Order of operations/Proper shutdown (End Task-WM_CLOSE, WM_DESTROY as opposed to Kill Process)
http://www.codeproject.com/shell/tra...04#xx1146404xx

And about the task manager, if the user is killing your app with "End task" if will call WM_CLOSE and WM_DESTROY, but if the user choose "End Process" it will Kill the process of your apps without sending anything to it.

3 - application actually performing a mouse-over to force systray refresh
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/...~Questions.txt

Getting Systray Icon to Go Away after Killing Systray App
Question:
I discovered something that is very interesting. I am writing a program that will close down the Scheduling application associated with McAfee (avconsol.exe).While this application is running it is present on the System Tray. When you close it, using IntControl(56,"~McAfee",0,0,0) it still appears to be running because it is still present on the System Tray. But...if you move your cursor over the System Tray it disappears. If you just sit there without doing anything it takes a while for it to disappear. Any suggestions as to why this happens and how to make it disappear instantly????
Answer:
It really is gone. It is just that the system tray application has not bothered to update the tray display. You could try MouseMove and move the mouse over the system tray. Problem is that the MouseMove method generally only works for one computer but a user reported that the following works pretty well at various displays:

;Tried this at 640x480 800x600 and 1024x768
;Seems to work pretty good.

CurrLocn = MouseInfo(2)
Locn1 = ItemExtract(1, CurrLocn, " ")
Locn2 = ItemExtract(2, CurrLocn, " ")
For X = 800 to 1000
MouseMove(X , 970, "", "")
Next
MouseMove(Locn1, Locn2, "", "")
Old 05-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmellor
Do I need to Save/restart dirmon2 or uninstall/reinstall service after changing the blackout setting?
To get any changes to take affect, you neet to stop/restart the service. To get any service related settings to take affect, you need to uninstall/reinstall the service.

Jere
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

For those curious, the orphaned system tray icons are caused by SA crashing. I've gotten it to crash as silently as possible, but if it never reaches the clean up phase, then the icon is never erased.

When the user runs the mouse over it, windows looks for the event handler for that icon. Since SA has closed, there is no event handler and windows erases the icon.

The ideal solution is to fix SA. I believe the next version goes a long way towards that goal.

Jere
Old 05-13-2006, 06:15 AM

Still having Comskip troubles

Can someone tell me exactly what I have to do to get this to work with Comskip? I've read all the forum threads and still it's not working. Here's the relevant part of my ini file:

Code:
Name = Comskip
Processor = C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/comskip.exe
Command Line Options = --ini=C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/comskip.ini [[%FULLFILESPEC%]]
Must Exist 1 = 
Must Exist Logic = OR
Must Exist 2 = 
Must And Or Must Not Exist Logic = AND
Must Not Exist 1 = txt
Must Not Exist Logic = OR
Must Not Exist 2 = 
Directory 1 = E:/
Processee Extension 1 = mpg
Resources Needed = 100
Timeout Enabled = 0
Timeout = 1800
Priority Boost Due To Job Description = 0
Priority Boost Due To Age = 1
Priority Boost Due To Name = 0
Process Subdirectories = 0
Wait Until File Is Finished = 1
Wait Until Drive Is Idle = 0
Wait Until File Is Finished Time = 1
Wait Until Drive Is Idle Time = 2
Hide Console = 1
Blackout Enabled = 0
Blackout Start Time = 0
Blackout End Time = 0
When I run Dirmon2 on the command line, all it does is loop endlessly without producing any output. So who has gotten this to work?

Oh, and why does Dirmon use forward slashes instead of Windows backslashes in file paths?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Only thing I can think of, is did you stop/start the service again, if running that way?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhy
When I run Dirmon2 on the command line, all it does is loop endlessly without producing any output. So who has gotten this to work?
Which loop is looping?
Quote:
Oh, and why does Dirmon use forward slashes instead of Windows backslashes in file paths?
Standardization and ease (on me ).

Jere
Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Here's the relevant part of my ini file:
Code:
Command Line Options = --ini=C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/comskip.ini [[%FULLFILESPEC%]]
I have and love it.

My best guess. You use Jere's slashes here for the comskip program. Just because Jere standardizes, doesn't mean others do. Also, my command line options, I have quotes (") around the active part in the ini specification. You have spaces in your command, so I think the quotes are necessary. I also don't use the fullfilespec in mine, but that shouldn't be the issue.
Code:
Command Line Options = --ini="C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\comskip\comskip.ini"
Hope that helps.

Last edited by ToonGal; 05-13-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:12 AM

Ok, putting the quotes in the --ini= path fixed it. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just put up another release of DirMon2. This one mainly addresses issues with the "Wait until file is done" not working. Release notes follow:

0.5.6 - 20 Jun 2006
- Changed method used to determine if a file is being used or written to. Added "Wait until file is idle" option to reflect new methods.
- *NOTE* "Wait until file is finished" attempts to secure write access to the file in question. It will not write to or change the file in any way. Failure indicates the file is already being written to. Although this can also be caused by a program improperly setting access modes. (Windows Media Player is known to do this)
- *NOTE* "Wait until file is idle" attempts to secure delete access to the file in question. It will not delete the file. Failure indicates another program has the file open, either for reading or writing. Access restrictions to the directory can also cause this test to always flag.
- *NOTE* "Wait until drive is idle" checks the free space on the drive, waits for the number of seconds specified in the "Wait time" block, and then checks again. If the free space has decreased, then the drive is determined to be "In use".
- Added Process ID to the Active List.

Jere
Old 06-21-2006, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the update Jere!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

So, I was testing the latest DirMon2 last night by erasing all my txt files and watching DM2 run SA. While looking at the queue, I noticed that none of the X-Files showed up. Not one. Closer inspection revealed that every show that started with a letter after P didn't show up in the queue. Huh? How's that for a wierd bug. I'm suprised no one reported it. You would see this bug if you have DM2 monitoring a root directory with a pagefile or a recycle bin. Anyway, it's fixed and here is a release to fix that really wierd bug.

0.5.7 - 26 Jun 2006
- An entry in the Activity Log will now be made when deleting a file.
- Fixed bug causing some files to never be found.
- Changed forward slashes to back slashes. (Happy?)

Enjoy,
Jere
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
- Changed forward slashes to back slashes. (Happy?)
I'm defiantely happy, the VideoRedo project files work great again. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
I'm suprised no one reported it.
Well, just saw the thread today, and installing v5.7 over v5.5. I haven't been able to get it to work at all yet, and noticed some changes in the .ini format. Changed the new .ini format parameters on things not the same, and will report if I have problems still in the next day or so.

However, a quick bug to report. The "Wait until the target file is idle" check box never seems to save to the .ini file, since it is always unchecked after restarting the GUI. No other things really tested, but figured I'd mention this.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
However, a quick bug to report. The "Wait until the target file is idle" check box never seems to save to the .ini file, since it is always unchecked after restarting the GUI. No other things really tested, but figured I'd mention this.
I just noticed this in 5.6, last night, but didn't know it was still there. I haven't gotten back into the GUI yet to see if it stuck though...
Old 06-29-2006, 03:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

The "Wait until file is idle" is getting saved correctly. It just isn't loaded correctly. I have fixed the problem, but I'm holding off before I release another version.

Jere