SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Also .... will this plug-in run on Sage 5.0?

I still can't get any screens to populate. I am running version 5.0 and am wondering if it's the root of my problem.

Is anyone running the HAL plug-in with the latest version of Sage?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Sage User

Nevermind

It decided to start working on it's own. This is a cool plug-in. It works with the latest Sage version. I installed the menu tool and added Home Automation to the mainscreen without any issues at all.

Too cool to pass up.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just installed on my Server and a client with Java 1.42 and .Net 1.1. HAL Deluxe is on the server. I see the Refresh HAL Data command and can select that but then never see any other options or devices show up. How do I know that HALiTIS is running? On the task monitor I see:
HAL Internet Server.exe
HAL System Server.exe
HALCOM.exe

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to this.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Add to HAL launch screen

You have to add it to the HAL launch configuration list. I'm not at home so I can't remember which one it is. It will show up as a red square in the tray.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
You have to add it to the HAL launch configuration list. I'm not at home so I can't remember which one it is. It will show up as a red square in the tray.
Ah thanks Jester! I went back and found a reference to that in text that was off the edge of the browser screen. Restarted and now I see the red icon, but still don't have any devices or controls show up anytime after requesting a data refresh. I brought up the HALiTIS debug window but I don't see anything show up on that panel. I will have to go back and retrace everything again I guess...

Bohica mentioned that the import was built using Java 1.5. Is that what you are using? I am holding steady at 1.42.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage User

Just wait overnight

I am using Java 1.5

Mine just found the devices after a long wait. Let it stay connected overnight and see what happens. You can click on the little lightbulb to jump right to the screens to check the status.

I tried to e-mail him but never got a reply. I also asked if it worked on the latest Sage version and never got a reply but later discovered that ti does work.

Good luck
Old 07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

Dang, Morgan, your HTPC is going to do everything, isn't it?! LOL...I just notice you keep poping up everywhere!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well there is nothing left to tweak on the DVR side so I have to find something else to do....
Old 07-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I am using Java 1.5

Mine just found the devices after a long wait. Let it stay connected overnight and see what happens. You can click on the little lightbulb to jump right to the screens to check the status.

I tried to e-mail him but never got a reply. I also asked if it worked on the latest Sage version and never got a reply but later discovered that ti does work.

Good luck
It still wasn't working this morning so I went ahead and nervously installed 1.5.07 on my server and one client (my system has been so stable since I went back to 1.4.2). After bringing Sage back up I saw everything I expected!

Screens are not all quite right under SageMC, so I think I'll do a little revamping and maybe see if I can get a hold of some of the other info that HAL is capable of retrieving from the internet (news, sports, traffic, stocks...).

Last edited by Morgan111; 07-12-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry guys -- I have been absent for quite a while on this subject. Let me know if I can do anything. Morgan - if you want the source code, I would be more than happy to ship it to you. No promises on how clean anything is... I was sort of waiting for HAL to release the next (less buggy) version of their library... so security and other functions can work without workarounds... Let me know if anyone needs anything...
Old 08-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hello!

Quick question... likely kinda crazy but just wondering before I finally try getting all this running (only been 2 years. LOL!).

From reading previous posts, it appears like I can have Sage installed in my HTPC in my living room and have HAL installed on another computer in my office. Is there any benefit one way or the other to having Sage and HAL installed on the same computer or different computers? Right now I'd prefer to install HAL in my office because 1) it will be much closer to the alarm panel that I want to integrate into HAL and 2) it is "easier" for me to play around on my office computer as compared to my HTPC due to monitor, seating arrangements, etc. But, if need be, I can install HAL on the same computer as Sage. Any "recommended" way to do this?

Also, speaking of security control, any update on this? I'm getting a couple weeks off work here soon and am excited to get some of my stuff running (I hope!).

Since I'm a newbie in all this stuff and don't have anything running yet I have a lot of ideas but no idea if they'll work! One thing I've been wondering about is if with this integration, there is any way to allow HAL to interface with the computer part of a USB-UIRT? The reason I ask is this looks like a really cool way to automatically have actions happen based on what I do with my home theater remote... example, if I use my remote to switch my receiver to watch a DVD then HAL would "see" this and dim the lights and lower my projection screen without me having to do anything other than turning my receiver to DVD. Then, if I turn my receiver OFF I obviously don't need to screen to be down so a signal would be sent to raise the screen. (my screen has no trigger inputs so I have to rig something with X10). Stuff like that. Am I out to lunch here or is something like this possible?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Hello!

Quick question... likely kinda crazy but just wondering before I finally try getting all this running (only been 2 years. LOL!).

From reading previous posts, it appears like I can have Sage installed in my HTPC in my living room and have HAL installed on another computer in my office. Is there any benefit one way or the other to having Sage and HAL installed on the same computer or different computers? Right now I'd prefer to install HAL in my office because 1) it will be much closer to the alarm panel that I want to integrate into HAL and 2) it is "easier" for me to play around on my office computer as compared to my HTPC due to monitor, seating arrangements, etc. But, if need be, I can install HAL on the same computer as Sage. Any "recommended" way to do this?
I currently run both on one computer... but it will work fine on two... no difference know of...

Quote:

Also, speaking of security control, any update on this? I'm getting a couple weeks off work here soon and am excited to get some of my stuff running (I hope!).
No updates... still waiting on the new version of hal software to fix a lot of their bugs... -- you can always set up macros in HAL and execute them via the macro menu in sage...

Quote:
Since I'm a newbie in all this stuff and don't have anything running yet I have a lot of ideas but no idea if they'll work! One thing I've been wondering about is if with this integration, there is any way to allow HAL to interface with the computer part of a USB-UIRT? The reason I ask is this looks like a really cool way to automatically have actions happen based on what I do with my home theater remote... example, if I use my remote to switch my receiver to watch a DVD then HAL would "see" this and dim the lights and lower my projection screen without me having to do anything other than turning my receiver to DVD. Then, if I turn my receiver OFF I obviously don't need to screen to be down so a signal would be sent to raise the screen. (my screen has no trigger inputs so I have to rig something with X10). Stuff like that. Am I out to lunch here or is something like this possible?

Thanks!
You can always again set up macros to execute all this stuff... currently my plugin and the HALiTS software is a one way application -- it allows you to control hal via sage... not the other way around....
Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohica
I currently run both on one computer... but it will work fine on two... no difference know of...

No updates... still waiting on the new version of hal software to fix a lot of their bugs... -- you can always set up macros in HAL and execute them via the macro menu in sage...

You can always again set up macros to execute all this stuff... currently my plugin and the HALiTS software is a one way application -- it allows you to control hal via sage... not the other way around....
Excellent! Thanks for the info. What I really need to do is just try and get all this stuff setup and then just dig in and get my hands dirty.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage User

is it possible to have screens showing HAL house floorplans with device status and device change options? Something like homeconsole?

http://www.nextevolution.com.au/main...le/hc_home.htm
Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Probably not. WAY too complicated...
Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Sage User

THANKS!

Bohica, Just set up my system with your HAL plugin! Works great! Only testing it out on the main server now, but adding more as I go. I have 140+ switches (Zwave) and its working flawlessly.

Thanks!
Rob
Old 12-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Import Alive?

Is this Import still alive and kicking? It appears that the links on the first post and dead and the picture links at http://www.automatedliving.com/phpbb...pic.php?t=2411 are dead also.

HC
Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Yes, would be interesting to know. I was planning on using it when I got a copy of HAL, but it looks like the hosting that Bohica had is gone, or at least, he removed some files...
Old 12-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry guys...

I changed servers - and have yet to get my website back up. Sorry for that -- if anyone needs the software just send me an email until my site is restored.

Cheers!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohica
I changed servers - and have yet to get my website back up. Sorry for that -- if anyone needs the software just send me an email until my site is restored.

Cheers!

Thanks Bohica. I just sent you an PM with my email address.

HC