SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Sage User

Yes... I'm working on a timeshifting and recording feature... I thought I had disabled the on-screen portions before the release... and yes, it is very quirky right now.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrmage
Yes... I'm working on a timeshifting and recording feature... I thought I had disabled the on-screen portions before the release... and yes, it is very quirky right now.
Nice, I was starting to wonder if I was having problems again. Thanks for fixing my left menu problem!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Just a thought.... if you are trying to free up or need more screen real estate in the future, maybe you could make it only 10 presets versus the current 12.

Or maybe you could make two sets of 10 presets, like 1-10 and 11-20. And have the current tuners/presets button cycle through tuners/presets 1/presets 2.

Just an idea if it helps.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
FM STVI Doesn't Work with MVP or Placeshifter

Hi

Tried the latest STVi.. works great on my server.. works great in SageClient however no luck on my two MediaMVP Extenders. When I choose the FM Radio it plays 3 seconds of the default preset.. then silence.. chaging stations doesn't do anything. Is this something that will be worked on in later releases? Is there a fix for it now?

Noticed that when my Sage induced Screen Saver kicks in.. it stops FM stream.. can that be fixed?
Also does not work with Placeshifter.. so it seems that it only works in SageTV (obviously) and SageClient currently

Thank you for this LONG awaited addon!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Duh.. I should have read before asking about MVP support... I will patiently wait... STILL EXCELLENT!!!! Keep up the fantastic work!! Not sure why this wasn't included in core????
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-11-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Sage User

cmaffia: I don't have any MVPs... so that will (probably) be a long wait...

As for working with Placeshifter. I have it working here with the server running v5.0.2 (with dynamic menu, detailed info, miniguide, encoder names and auto aspect ratio STVi's)and the v5.0.2 Placeshifter (using just the v0.11 STV). Maybe you should specify which STVi's you are using... one of them may be causing problems.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Expert

Using latest SAGETV3.XML (5.02)

Added to it is
Dynanmic Menu
IMDB
RSS
MINI GUIDE

That's all. Doesn't work at all for me in Placeshifter.
Sorry to hear I will be having to wait a long time for MediaMVP support.
That basically makes this useless for me because I have switch to a server/MediaMVP/PlaceShifter environment
Perhaps a little help from the SageTV developers?

Quote:
cmaffia: I don't have any MVPs... so that will (probably) be a long wait...

As for working with Placeshifter. I have it working here with the server running v5.0.2 (with dynamic menu, detailed info, miniguide, encoder names and auto aspect ratio STVi's)and the v5.0.2 Placeshifter (using just the v0.11 STV). Maybe you should specify which STVi's you are using... one of them may be causing problems.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage User

cmafia: Have you tried setting the Placeshifter to use the SageTV3_FM_radio STV with no other imports? what exactly does it do? What is the setup of the server vs the placeshifter (ie: is it on the local network? Is it over the internet?)
Old 05-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Sage Expert

Havent tried that.
Just did a fresh install of 5.02 with my STVi I explained on another machine.. same problem.
What it does in placeshifter for me is what it does with both of my MVPMedia's... no streaming .. silence

Quote:
cmafia: Have you tried setting the Placeshifter to use the SageTV3_FM_radio STV with no other imports? what exactly does it do? What is the setup of the server vs the placeshifter (ie: is it on the local network? Is it over the internet?)
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Sage Expert

Nope.. doesn't work with even the FM Radio STV.
No sound.. nothing. Wonder if you fix this problem, it will fix the mediaMVP problem. They both react the same exact way.. no stream

Quote:
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage User

cmaffia: I can't fix it until I manage to recreate it... unfortunately... Placeshifting works for me on the setup I have here.

Anyone else tried it with placeshifting??? results???
Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage User

New version available. Removes the (not yet used) transport controls. Also adds a "disable screensaver" option so that SageTV will not go to sleep while you are listening to FM Radio.

Enjoy
Old 05-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to drin Send a message via AIM to drin Send a message via Yahoo to drin
Quote:
cmaffia: I can't fix it until I manage to recreate it... unfortunately... Placeshifting works for me on the setup I have here.

Yup. I've been running 0.7 but I just upgraded to 0.12. No problems at all placeshifting with it. I'm listening to NPR as I type this, as a matter of fact.

My setup:

SageTV 5.0.1.89
Java 1.4.2
STVs: nielm dynamic menu
3 pane music
multispeed ff/rw
multifunction stop
imdb
comskip playback support
FM radio 0.12

Wireless 802.11g connection from server to home network; 100MB connection to placeshifter client running under Windows XP SP2.

-drin
Old 05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Sage Expert

This is so UNFAIR :-)
What is so different from my setup??
Has to be something! What are you guys choosing for audio in the audio/video setup in SageTV server??
Does it make a difference what your capture quality is??
Mine is DVD Standard on one server and DVD Long Play
and this happends with BOTH of my systems.. something isn't making sense :-)
Does it something to do with using Placeshifter with another port other than the default? (443) (Update-tried the SageTV default and same results)
I've tried each posted version .08 -.12 on both of my severs
SageClient works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by drin
Yup. I've been running 0.7 but I just upgraded to 0.12. No problems at all placeshifting with it. I'm listening to NPR as I type this, as a matter of fact.

My setup:

SageTV 5.0.1.89
Java 1.4.2
STVs: nielm dynamic menu
3 pane music
multispeed ff/rw
multifunction stop
imdb
comskip playback support
FM radio 0.12

Wireless 802.11g connection from server to home network; 100MB connection to placeshifter client running under Windows XP SP2.

-drin

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-12-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Expert

If you want to log into my sagebox feel free to private message me so you can see for yourself
Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage User

cmaffia: have you changed any of the placeshifter settings from the default??? I just did a normal install of the SageTV Placeshifter v5.0.2 and used the default settings... Also, are you connecting to your server using the SageTV locator service or by IP address?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

fresh install of 5.02 using your XML
Default Port for placeshifter
Tried placeshifter local (Local IP) and via Internet - same thing.. silence.
However, FM radio in works for me in SageClient without a problem

Quote:
cmaffia: have you changed any of the placeshifter settings from the default??? I just did a normal install of the SageTV Placeshifter v5.0.2 and used the default settings... Also, are you connecting to your server using the SageTV locator service or by IP address?

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-13-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Sage Expert

Here is a screenshot of my placeshifter session trying to stream FM Radio.
As you can see nothing gets streamed as illustrated in the statistics window

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FM_Placeshifting.JPG (91.3 KB, 282 views)
Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

I'm confused about a few things. First, I'm guessing that this works by going through the FM antenna out of the Tuner card and not via the internet. If so, I'm assuming the Hauppauge 150 does not have an FM radio input from what I'm seeing.

Is all this correct?

Also - I'm confused as to whether to go to either 1) Sage TV Application File STV or 2) Import Sage TV Application Package STVi? I tried #2 but I have to rename the file to lower case .stvi extension so that Sage will see it. Also, if I select #2 then I can still use GermSage since I don't see anything under #1. Is all this correct? I'm still trying to get this to work.

Finally, has anyone gotten this to work with the Nvidia card?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Yes... this is for an FM Tuner integrated into a TV Capture card
No... this is NOT for internet radio (and it never will be)

The STV file is the complete SageTV v5.0.2 default STV with the radio tuner application integrated into it.

The STVi is an import file suitable for importing into any STV that has nielm's Dynamic Menus or a similar way to link the "Music FM Radio" menu to the user interface.

If you use the STV, then an "FM Radio" entry will appear on the main menu (under MediaCenter).

If you use the STVi, you need to create a menu item and link it to the "Music FM Radio" internal menu.

The application should work with the Nvidia cards (both NVTV and DualTV) as they both (supposedly) have FM Radio tuners and use the DirectX AVStream driver model (just like the ATI Theater 550 cards, which do work). However, if they do not use the standard naming convention and call the FM Tuner input anything other than "FM Radio", the application will not see the tuner.. in which case you will have to use the "show all inputs" option to be able to see and select the correct input. Try it and let us know if it works.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
thanks for this Radio tunner stv, I have an 550 chipset and your latest stvi and works like a charm, I just used studio and added a widget to my main menu and works great.

fyi:
1. I noticed that if you hit stop button/command. It stops the radio and the only way to get the radio going again, is to exit the Fm tuner page and then re enter it again and then the radio plays again. Is it possible to add in a command if you hit the play button the radio comes back on?

2. Also I noticed when the screen saver comes on the radio stops. It doesnt matter what is set under options.

btw: I love using this feature for my Sirus radio. thanks a lot.