SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

I can't get it to work at all. It gives static with the PVR 150 (but I don't thin that has an FM tuner on it from what I see) and the NVidia which does have an FM tuner does not give me static or anything. I'm not sure what to do. I've tried showing all tuners but it just won't do anything. It gives me the sounds for TV when I select svideo or coax but when I select FM I get nothing.

Mike
Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Sage User

Motofreak75: your welcome... I develop on a laptop... no remote hardware... so, although I did notice the problem with the stop button, I have not had the chance to fix it yet.

The screen saver should not kick in a second time after you set the option. On my systems, set the disable screensaver option, screensaver kicks in, revive the system, doesn't kick in again.

HUH???? Sirius??? Please explain!?!?!?!

mike1961: As I mentioned, I don't have Nvidia hardware.... If you want help and/or suggestions, you will need to provide more details on your system, what you are doing, and what is happening when you try the plugin... otherwise, i can't help.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Well - I'm not sure what information you need. I have Sage Server running and I'm trying to run the FM from SageClient. I'm starting to think that it might be the NVidia software drivers because I do get what sounds like radio static when I try the Hauppauge drivers (but no FM receiver for hauppage 150). I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrmage
Motofreak75: your welcome... I develop on a laptop... no remote hardware... so, although I did notice the problem with the stop button, I have not had the chance to fix it yet.

The screen saver should not kick in a second time after you set the option. On my systems, set the disable screensaver option, screensaver kicks in, revive the system, doesn't kick in again.

HUH???? Sirius??? Please explain!?!?!?!
First off, my Sirius radio ( Starmate Replay satellite radio) transmit over the FM band at any freq. I can program it to use any unused station freq. As long as I'm within 30 feet from my sirius unit I can pick it up over the FM band. And having my sirius radio with a home kit, makes a happy camper with able to listen to it at home when I'm not in my car.

Second, I guess I should explained myself a bit better, I'm been working from home for the past week and pushing too many hours. I guess is it possible to start the screen saver while having the radio still going ?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Cybrmage -

My hardware is pretty staight forward on both Sage boxes that FM Radio/Placeshifting does not work on.

-Using PVR250 capture cards
-WinXP Pro
-Latest Nvidia Purevideo Decoders (although I went through every one and no affect)
-Both CPUs are 2.8 GHZ P4
-Fresh installations of 5.02 on both using no addtional STVi's does not have affect.
-It appears that FM radio is not streaming at all when using PlaceShifter however SageClient works fine.
-My recording directories are local to each computer. C and D drive partitions.

Not sure what else you need as far as my setup..... My Sig below basically says it all.
Thanks!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-16-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cybrmage ... This is an excellent piece of work!!

Could the future possibility to also allow internet radio stations work with this plug-in?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!
-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to drin Send a message via AIM to drin Send a message via Yahoo to drin
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom
Cybrmage ... This is an excellent piece of work!!

Could the future possibility to also allow internet radio stations work with this plug-in?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!
-Craig
Craig - I'm working on that exact problem. Unfortunately Internet radio is a completely different beast than FM, especially in how it has to be played back.

More updates as events warrant.

-drin
Old 05-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drin
Craig - I'm working on that exact problem. Unfortunately Internet radio is a completely different beast than FM, especially in how it has to be played back.

More updates as events warrant.

-drin
when you get that going you'll have a hit plug in... If its good enough I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the official release. Such a good idea.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
Dekard it may not work under Linux
I've submitted an official support request. I'll post back here once I have an answer of any type.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Sage Expert

Just checking in. Any progress regarding why FM Radio doesn't work for some in Placeshifting? Also any progress on MVP support?

Thanks!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

This is a great plug in. Two things I noticed though:

1. All my preset stations are not reading from the server to the clients even though I told it to under options.

2. I notice that if I change a station on one client, it changes it on the other if the other client is also listening to FM Radio. Could this be because there is only one tuner that will tune to FM Radio? It doesn't seem to work on the other tuner in my Hauppauge Win TV 500 and does not work at all on my NVidia. It only works on the first tuner capture #1 on my WinTV 500.

(I too think internet radio would be amazing).

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Sage User

New version available....

Sorry for the delay in responding to everyone... I've been extremely busy with work this past week... 8-}

Motofreak75: Ok I think I understand... you want a screensaver that kicks in to blank the screen while still playing radio and without putting SageTV to sleep... An experimental implimentation is in v0.13. It is currently hard coded to kick in after 5 minutes of inactivity, but will be made user selectable in a later version. As for the "Stop" button problem... I haven't figured that one out... yet.

cmaffia: no progress on placeshifter problems some are experiencing... I need more details... descriptions of what happens when you start the FM Radio... Does it show tuning? does the Recording icon appear in the status bar (top right hand side of the screen)? Does the recording icon appear then disappear? If you run the FM Radio on the server then start the placeshifter does it work? Have you restarted both the server and the placeshifter client? ( I did have an issue briefly where the placeshifter would start the FM Radio, and then immediately disconnect... I haven't had it happen again after a restart of the server and client computers)

craigdthom: 8-} I have no plans to add Internet Radio... It is a totally different beast. but, as he mentioned, drin is working on something...

drin: keep us informed on your progress....

mike1961: When you set the option to use the presets from the server, does the preset panel get a red (locked) outline? Are the presets on the server set the same as the presets on the client? Your PVR500 only has one FM Tuner... The problem is that the PVR500 uses the same drivers as the PVR150, and a bug in the drivers will report an FM tuner for each encoder even though the second encoder does not have an FM Tuner... Also, The bug will sometimes show an FM Tuner on a PVR150 that does not have a FM Tuner (not all models of PVR150 have FM Tuners). The reason that changing stations on one client will change the station on all clients (and the server) that are using the same tuner is that they all connect to the live capture buffer... the buffer is on the server and each client connects with a WatchLive() API call... If you want to have a different station on each client you will need to have an independant FM Tuner for each. As far as the Nvidia FM Tuner... what, exactly, is reported as the tuner name (you can get this from the "details" option on the tuner menu)?

Last edited by cybrmage; 05-20-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage User

New version available - fixes problems with transport stream commands.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Sage Expert

Cybrmage,
If you look a few posts back, I attached a screenshot of my placeshifter session. Yes, it does show that the channel is tuned however there is no audio when I click on any of the stations. Running on server and then starting on PlaceShifter has no affect. I have restarted both server and client many times however the radio still only works on the server. The record icon does not disappear after I click on a station. Again, no issues when using SageClient. I have attached the previous screenshot in this post. If you notice the statistics window, none of the radio stations are being streamed in PlaceShifter. I believe the information I have provided will answer all your questions. My sig has my complete listing of hardware for both servers. Let me know if there are any questions I have missed.
Thanks again

Quote:
cmaffia: no progress on placeshifter problems some are experiencing... I need more details... descriptions of what happens when you start the FM Radio... Does it show tuning? does the Recording icon appear in the status bar (top right hand side of the screen)? Does the recording icon appear then disappear? If you run the FM Radio on the server then start the placeshifter does it work? Have you restarted both the server and the placeshifter client? ( I did have an issue briefly where the placeshifter would start the FM Radio, and then immediately disconnect... I haven't had it happen again after a restart of the server and client computers)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FM_Placeshifting.JPG (91.3 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-23-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

This plugin works great with the WinTV 500 but does not work with the NVidia DualTV card. Do you know if it is the plugin or the NVidia drivers causing the problem?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to drin Send a message via AIM to drin Send a message via Yahoo to drin
Quote:
New version available....
drin: keep us informed on your progress....
As requested:

I have rudimentary Shoutcat streaming working, sort of. I have a Java Shoutcast class that will open a connection to a user-selected Shoutcast server and begin ripping the stream to the local HD. At that point I'm using the Sage MediaFile and MediaPlayer API calls to open the ripped file and play it back within Sage.

The problem I've run into is that as I suspected the MediaPlayer will load the file as it currently sits on the HD and stops playing when it hits the end of the file. It doesn't load and play data that is streamed to the ripped file AFTER the call to MediaPlayer.Watch().

My fix at the moment is to check the file duration when it's first loaded, then reload it periodically and check the duration again. If the length has changed I play from the point where it was at the time I reloaded.

Unfortunately this leads to a pause in the playback while the file reloads. I'm working on it, but no solution so far. Ideally I'd like to treat the file as a CaptureDevice and read from it as it streams, but the core and the API don't seem to support this.

Any thoughts/hints/cheats from Studio gurus would be appreciated.

Once again, more news as events warrant.

-drin
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just checking in, Did the FM radio stvi ever get mapped to a remote or keyboard combination? or custom command?
Thanks,
Old 05-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Just checking in. Any progress regarding why FM Radio doesn't work for some in Placeshifting? Also any progress on MVP support?

Thanks!

If this makes you feel any better... my placeshifter doesn't work either. I am running beta 5.0.3 with a 350 and a Xcard. Mine comes up with the error below. Tuner is selected, station is tuned and REC is displayed in top right. My SageClient works ok just like yours.

EDIT: BTW, when I run on server I don't get any sound. I don't have PC speakers attached. All sound is going through the TV set (SDTV).
Attached Images
File Type: png sage_placeshifter_fm_error.png (157.1 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by dblaine2; 05-29-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

cybrmage - The WinTV 500 works just fine with the one FM capture tuner. The Nvidia does not work at all on either tuner. I do not get static or anything at all. It just says Tuning next to the station and is totally silent. Regarding what the tuners say, they say:

NVIDIA DualTV Capture FM Radio
NVIDIA DualTV Capture 2 FM Radio

But neither of them work.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Multiple USB tuners??

Has anyone gotten multiple PVR USB2 tuners to work?

I *finally* got one to work, but I haven't had any success with the others...

Any Thoughts?

Jim