SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

surfing sage with radio on

Hi,

Love the radio tuner, took 2 minutes to set up, great job!!

One small request, anyway to allow me to get out of the radio menu on sage and still have it playing radio?

You know, so I can search tv listings or movies while the radio is still playing?

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Progress

Cybrmage
Any new developments? Did you happen to address some of the issues like getting it to work with MVP and finding out the problem as to why it doesn't work with Placeshifting for some of us?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Sage User

just wondering is there any plans to add the ability to record FM radio, either in this plugin or others. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new around here, having just come over from GBPVR.

I'd really love to record teh shows on NPR that I miss while I'm away from teh radio.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
If this makes you feel any better... my placeshifter doesn't work either. I am running beta 5.0.3 with a 350 and a Xcard. Mine comes up with the error below. Tuner is selected, station is tuned and REC is displayed in top right. My SageClient works ok just like yours.

EDIT: BTW, when I run on server I don't get any sound. I don't have PC speakers attached. All sound is going through the TV set (SDTV).
Any suggestions here?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Nudge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Any suggestions here?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Sage Icon

Hello - a few things...This radio plug in worked well for my PVR 500 but the reception out where I live is not that great. Also, when I got my NVidia DualTV it just didn't work at all with it. For those who are not aware, there is now an internet radio plug in that I've tried that really works well. Not to discount this plug in at all because it's great especially for those stations that don't have an internet stream or perhaps the station may not be streamed in stereo but I thought for those that don't know, there is now an internet radio plug in at the customizations (also the internet radio plug in does not use any tuners).

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

I got my "Radio" button on my Hauppauge 45 button remote to work with this plug in, basicaaly you have to add a string of commands to get it to navigate to the correct menu item. Here is what I added to my irremote.ini file per the instructions in the SageTV manual.

RADIO={run(C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\SendMessage.exe -C SageApp -N SageWin -d 100 -m 1258 0 28 89 12 12 11 2 5 2 5 2 5 2 20 0 11 0 11 0 5 0 20)}

Basically it sends stop, main menue, page down, page down, page up, left, down, left, down, left, down, left, enter, nothing, page up, nothing, page up, nothing, down, nothing, enter.

I had to use extra page ups, lefts, etc because for some reason it didn't want to issue the same command twice in a row. Anyway, those commands navigate to the main menu, then down to media center, then down to FM radio and hit enter. It works for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Humanzee
thanks, I knew it could be done but was just too lazy to put the effort out. I will give it a go when I get home. My wife will be out, so I can get a chance to play around with it.
Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

just thinking about the coding Humanzee did.
Jeff originally showed us how to play the FM radio, This had the benefit of not being screwed up when changing screens and going into sleep.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ighlight=radio
Quote:
2. Go into Media Center->Music->Music by Song Title
3. Select one of the 'FM Radio' sources. There'll be two for each input. One will work and one will not.
I think I will modify humanzee's code to point to the tuner the way Jeff mentioned.
I will use this STV to conviently select which station I want but then use Jeffs link for the long term listening pleasure.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any updates?

Any updates to this fabulous plugin?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a lot for this great plugin. There are a couple things that would even make this better and hopefully we will see them in a future version.

1. Faster tunning. When I click the Channel Up or Down buttons, I have to click them twice for the frequency to change. Also, it would be nice to be able to hold down the Channel up or down buttons and make it continuously go.

2. When using manual tuning, it would be nice if I could put in 92.9 instead of 929 and then click the tune button which adds a bunch of zero's on the end.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Sage Icon

I tried this on my Client ... It found the tuners (well 2 of the 4 ?? ) ... but when I tried to tune a radio channel nothing happend ... and ... whenever I opened up FM Radio menu ... I got FOX News audio???? TV audio that is!

Am I missing something ... ??

Thanks, T.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great plugin! One step further to getting rid of this old radio tuner...
Works great with my 500MCE.

My wife is beginning to accept the fact that my HTPC is now the main machine in the house for TV/movie/music & now radio too!

But....I am looking for more ways to control the radio part without having to turn on the TV. Like: could I program one button to go to radio instantly?
And then wouldn't it be nice if you could just punch in 1, 2, 3, etc on your remote to go to the different presets? That's all I'd need of this plugin basically as soon as I have my presets set.

If we could get this to work, she would forget about this old radio (that you still have to dial in manually) in an instance!
I'm no programmer so I don't know if this is something I could do myself.

Thanks,

Franc.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have an issue with using the SageTV3_FM_Radio_0.14.xml and trying to import the comskip_playback_import.stvi when I do, the comskip feature is not added. I also tried to add the radio import to the standard stv (with comskip already added) but the radio features do not show up.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bit late to the game here but I just wanted to plug this import. Been playing with it for the last week or so and I must say I'm impressed. Aside from one or two little quirks it works brilliantly. The quirks that I've noticed and which I intend to fix in my install when I get time are:

1) If someone is watching Live TV and another client starts the FM Radio on the same tuner, the Live TV user is suddenly switched to a black screen with radio playback. Thsi may have been intended behaviour but I find it suboptimal in practice. I will add a check in the code to test whether or not the tuner is in use by a Live client before starting the radio. I think the API function IsCaptureDeviceInUseByLiveClient() should do the trick

2) It is somewhat unstable on Placeshifter (but seems to work fine on the MVP). I'm guessing that has to do with the WatchLive() function not being Placeshifter friendly when tuning FM Radio. I can't see a fix offhand for this so I just won't use this plugin with Placeshifter, no biggie.

3) The NTE keypad for manual tuning isn't working as an NTE keypad but just as a regular numeric keypad. This isn't terrible since only numbers are expected as input but nevertheless it's a quirk.

All in all though, an excellent piece of work that has increased WAF considerably.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).

Last edited by Lester Jacobs; 11-14-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs
Bit late to the game here but I just wanted to plug this import. Been playing with it for the last week or so and I must say I'm impressed. Aside from one or two little quirks it works brilliantly. The quirks that I've noticed and which I intend to fix in my install when I get time are:

1) If someone is watching Live TV and another client starts the FM Radio on the same tuner, the Live TV user is suddenly switched to a black screen with radio playback. Thsi may have been intended behaviour but I find it suboptimal in practice. I will add a check in the code to test whether or not the tuner is in use by a Live client before starting the radio. I think the API function IsCaptureDeviceInUseByLiveClient() should do the trick

2) It is somewhat unstable on Placeshifter (but seems to work fine on the MVP). I'm guessing that has to do with the WatchLive() function not being Placeshifter friendly when tuning FM Radio. I can't see a fix offhand for this so I just won't use this plugin with Placeshifter, no biggie.

3) The NTE keypad for manual tuning isn't working as an NTE keypad but just as a regular numeric keypad. This isn't terrible since only numbers are expected as input but nevertheless it's a quirk.

All in all though, an excellent piece of work that has increased WAF considerably.

Cheers
Lester
For point 1) are you concerned if the tuner is being used to record? Just a thought...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
2) It is somewhat unstable on Placeshifter (but seems to work fine on the MVP).
Hi Lester

Can you confirm that this plugin also works on a mvp?

Thanks

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 11-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Hi Lester

Can you confirm that this plugin also works on a mvp?

Thanks

rtengvad
Yes it works fine on the MVP (tested on 5.0.4)

Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes it works fine on the MVP (tested on 5.0.4)

Lester
I tried tonight on v 6.0.14. Works nicely on the mvp!

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 04-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a current .xml import of this so we can import it into SageMC 6.x?

EDIT: Figured out that just by renaming the .stvi to .xml you can import it into sage.

Next step is getting an FM tuner I'm looking for an FM-only tuner if I can get one. As I'm using sage exclusively with DVB tuners for TV I can't use one of those analogue cards to get my FM. Anyone know of a USB FM-only tuner I can use?

EDIT 2: Now that I've had a look at the screen which lists all the tuners I can see that it's only the TV tuners that Sage recognises that can be used. It looks like I'm out of luck

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 04-22-2007 at 04:48 PM.