SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that list looks great. SageMC just keeps getting better and better Good work!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes good work. Much appreciated!

technazz
Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
As far as future opportunities, how about adding in the code for the Web Radio?
EDIT: Even better...! How about adding code the import above to utilize Pandora! (http://www.pandora.com/) I absolutely love it!

-Jason
Ah yes, I second this one!! Would be great.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 06-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent.. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
You also either fixed the bug with the mini-guide, or it fixed itself!?
Yeah, I fixed that one too, just forgot to mention it in the changelog
Man, that would be nice if bugs could fix themselves ...

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Expert

AutoUpdate?

flachbar-

You know... I got to thinking and a great feature to have would be an 'update' feature ("Check for New Version")...

Since adding the version string, this might be a usefull addition.

-Jason
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Version 6.5 is now available for download here.

Changes in 6.5:
  • Added SortByDate/SortByOriginalDate to subgroup menu
  • Added 'Year' attribute to Favorite settings.
  • Added option to limit lookahead for premieres search (default 7 days) to make the search faster and the menu change more responsive
  • Extra info (on Info toggle) now also shows extra airing details (CC, Stereo, Premiere, etc) in addition to the external ShowID
Oh, almost forgot: to put an end to all the moaning for good, I added the full conflict resolution logic of the standard STV to SageMC ... You should see exactly the same options to resolve the conflict as with the standard STV. The original SageMC behavior is still available and will be the default on a fresh install. This way, everyone can choose the functionality he/she prefers. And now I dont want to hear anything about it any more ... (other than bug reports, maybe )

Dirk
AWESOME CHANGES.... I would still like the ability to clear a conflict mark and get a green check like the original STV... I know "you don't want to hear anything about it". Sorry

The sort by date/original air date... Where would that be?
The option for lookahead.... nice addition. I would like the ability to set each of the lookahead values in those SageMC options.
Extra info... Is the extra info tied to the the info button? I'm having some real difficulty mapping that one on my remote. ARGH!

Suggestions:
Recorded TV (All) is sorted according to "grouped" which I think is the most prefered way to view that list. I would like to see 1st Run and Watched icons there too if all the shows in it are worthy of the mark. Currently that only happens on "sort by title". Thanks again for such fantastic work!

Put "delete" at the top of the menu pop-up when you exit a recording.

Add an undelete option whereby one could undelete items that were just deleted by accident

Last edited by snoopy; 06-14-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi flachbar and all,

Ok, as I am a previous MCE user (now a full-fledged Sager ), I am used to having all the "My xxxxx" available at the touch of a remote control key. SageMC allowed me to get almost 100% of what my family and I were used to, with ONE exception...My TV. When going to try and add a "Command" mapping a while back, it was easy to see and figure out why it wasn't there, as SageTV doesn't have that in the core STV. But We DO have it in SageMC. I noticed I could add a MENU item in my CUSTOM Dynamic menu system, but it is not really a help over in that other menu.

So I then learned about sendmessage here on the forums from Opus4, after getting the sendmessage to go to My TV from a sendmessage script ran in DOS, it worked perfectly. I then learned that I now had to use HIP to get that sendmessage from my remote>HIP>SAGE. Well, now after all that, I learned from HIP that you can only send ONE command via sendmessage at a time. On the Sage manual, it allows you to send multiple messages in sendmessage, but not HIP..One at a time there only...

So now I am back to trying to figure out how this could be done. Basically, if My TV was defined, I could just map it....BUT. I don't suppose Sage would do this in their program because they didn't make SageMC, so they probably don't support it... I need something that a)would go right to MY TV (with the My TV button that is on 99.9% of all MCE remotes), or B) would send a HOME command followed by a OK/SELECT command, as when you hit HOME in SageMC, it goes to My TV.

Any thoughts?? Am I going about this in the wrong way? Anything anybody can think of? Thanks VM in advance....
Hi jds23,

nothing easier than that, mapping 'My TV' to a remote button was the first thing I did in Girder ...

Did you know that My TV is mapped to Custom1 (Sage Command 78) ?

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi snoopy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
AWESOME CHANGES.... I would still like the ability to clear a conflict mark and get a green check like the original STV... I know "you don't want to hear anything about it". Sorry
Not sure if I understand. You should now have exactly the same options as in the standard STV, and resolving a conflict from the conflict page should finally change the icon to a green checkbox. To check, simply fire up the standard STV (SageTV3.xml) and see if this shows any different options ...

Quote:
The sort by date/original air date... Where would that be?
It only shows in the subgroup view (once you clicked on a group title from the 'Grouped' or 'Sort By Title' view)

Quote:
Extra info... Is the extra info tied to the the info button? I'm having some real difficulty mapping that one on my remote. ARGH!
It should be easy to assign a remote button via the Settings/DetailedSetup/Commands menu ...

Quote:
Recorded TV (All) is sorted according to "grouped" which I think is the most prefered way to view that list. I would like to see 1st Run and Watched icons there too if all the shows in it are worthy of the mark. Currently that only happens on "sort by title". Thanks again for such fantastic work!
Watched icons should be displayed for both "Grouped" and "Sort By Title" views if all shows in the group are watched. Regarding the First Run icon, personally I don't think a 1strun icon on a group makes that much sense

Quote:
Put "delete" at the top of the menu pop-up when you exit a recording.
See jds23 comments, I wont do that ...

Quote:
Add an undelete option whereby one could undelete items that were just deleted by accident
Not possible, this would have to be supported in the Sage core

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
flachbar-

You know... I got to thinking and a great feature to have would be an 'update' feature ("Check for New Version")...

Since adding the version string, this might be a usefull addition.

-Jason
Hi Jason,

neat idea, but probably way too difficult to implement (if possible at all) without the concept of a plugin repository (like e.g. the Meedio plugins). Guess you will have to stick around in the forums for new versions ...

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Sage Expert

Great stuff flachbar

I have a point of contention from a long ways back regarding the channel icons. It has greatly improved in SageMC!

Suggestions:
1) most important... Currently the icon is "streched" to fit which is great! It isn't proportional though.
2) less important... Currently the channel icons in the guide show near the top of the little window where the show preview will go. It would be better if once resized proportionally, it were 'centered' there instead of positioned at the top.

Bug:
The option for renaming the My Menu item doesn't appear to work.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hi snoopy,
Watched icons should be displayed for both "Grouped" and "Sort By Title" views if all shows in the group are watched. Regarding the First Run icon, personally I don't think a 1strun icon on a group makes that much sense
Dirk
Thanks for addressing my picky concerns. Yeah, I know on this one but it would be helpfull for us to have first run if everything in a group meets that but that's personal preference. Then again, it can't hurt anything to put it in can it?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
1) most important... Currently the icon is "streched" to fit which is great! It isn't proportional though.
Hmm, doesn't look unproportional here ... All logo widgets have 'preserve aspect ratio' set, so there's not much more I can do ...

Quote:
2) less important... Currently the channel icons in the guide show near the top of the little window where the show preview will go. It would be better if once resized proportionally, it were 'centered' there instead of positioned at the top.
I'm not sure everyone will agree on this You can change it yourself in Studio if you really need it ...

Quote:
Bug:
The option for renaming the My Menu item doesn't appear to work.
Again, works fine for me ... Note that only the Text of the My Menu button on the main menu will be changed, not the Title text on the top of the My Menu screen itself. To change this title you have to edit the file "menu.xml", this is not controlled by SageMC but by the dynamic menu plugin

Dirk
Old 06-15-2006, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
flachbar!,

I know you were waiting for this! NO FREAKIN' WAY!!
I admit I was ...
Nah, just kiddin', I am innocent ...

Dirk
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Request

Great job so far. Love the new features and clean up. Now that we have an option for renaming the "My Menu" menu how about something to fix the issue of when you go into the "My Menu" next screen getting rid of the "n/a" in the upper left corner by offering up an option to enter in text for that? Just like in My Menu so that next screen actually can have a name?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Request

Great job so far. Love the new features and clean up. Now that we have an option for renaming the "My Menu" menu how about something to fix the issue of when you go into the "My Menu" next screen getting rid of the "n/a" in the upper left corner by offering up an option to enter in text for that? Just like in My Menu so that next screen actually can have a name?

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

see my response below to snoopy. The title of the My Menu screen is defined in nielm's menu.xml file, you can simply edit it there.

Dirk
Old 06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Gerry,

see my response below to snoopy. The title of the My Menu screen is defined in nielm's menu.xml file, you can simply edit it there.

Dirk
Doh! I did read it. Now I understand it. But as a second thought, since nielm's menu is "built into" SageMC would there be anyway to make that one of your options like you did for naming "My Menu" It may be a little more difficult but I have full confidence in your abilities.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 06-15-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Any chance of Getting the Web Radio STVi added

How about a new main menu option and include the Simple Web Radio from koelec

I vote for calling it "My Radio" Then you could configure between the web or real if you wanted to include both...
Old 06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
regarding centering of channel logo
I'm not sure everyone will agree on this You can change it yourself in Studio if you really need it ...Dirk
How would one go about this. Is it an easy change?
Quote:
regarding changing the My Menu button title
Again, works fine for me ... Note that only the Text of the My Menu button on the main menu will be changed, not the Title text on the top of the My Menu screen itself. To change this title you have to edit the file "menu.xml", this is not controlled by SageMC but by the dynamic menu plugin
I'm not sure where I went wrong? I am including screenshots of what I am seeing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Menu (name change).JPG (45.0 KB, 516 views)
Old 06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How would one go about this. Is it an easy change?
You only have to change values in two widgets, see attached pic ....

Quote:
I'm not sure where I went wrong? I am including screenshots of what I am seeing.
You didn't go wrong ... I finally found out what's happening: the renaming of the menu does only work for the 'Sage' menu style, but not for the 'MCE' menu style. I will fix this in the next version.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo_change.JPG (160.5 KB, 509 views)
Closed Thread