SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

This is the one I use on the Default STV. It seems to be different to what's in the current download.

John

Edit: I've had more of a look at the version in the download and it seems to have reverted to a version that's missing some Default STV import fixes.

Last edited by JREkiwi; 05-14-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Removed Attachment
Old 05-14-2007, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
This is the one I use on the Default STV. It seems to be different to what's in the current download.

John

Edit: I've had more of a look at the version in the download and it seems to have reverted to a version that's missing some Default STV import fixes.
Thanks John, I updated the download with your file.

Dirk
Old 05-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-dirk
I still seem to be having one show that is being recorded even though it is in the excludes list. I have the exclude run every hour, and this show never shows up in the log. It is set as; DL-TITLE-Attack of the Show. Do I just need to up my scan to half hourly?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know why the show would be missed, but I don't see how setting the scanner to every thirty minutes would help.

The scanner is already getting 72 chances at it if you have the default 3-day recording schedule, do you think 144 chances will make a difference?

Are you using the excluder to mark IR suggestions, or to finetune favorites? I just looked at my excludes, and my DL's have -FAVT-favorite after the show name. For instance, DL-TITLE-Nascar Racers-FAVK-NASCAR

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I don't know why the show would be missed, but I don't see how setting the scanner to every thirty minutes would help.

The scanner is already getting 72 chances at it if you have the default 3-day recording schedule, do you think 144 chances will make a difference?

Are you using the excluder to mark IR suggestions, or to finetune favorites? I just looked at my excludes, and my DL's have -FAVT-favorite after the show name. For instance, DL-TITLE-Nascar Racers-FAVK-NASCAR
I am using it to exclude IR suggestions. I didn't think every 30 minutes would make a difference, but I wasn't sure if somehow Sage was slipping that show in as an IR after the exclude was run.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
-dirk
I still seem to be having one show that is being recorded even though it is in the excludes list. I have the exclude run every hour, and this show never shows up in the log. It is set as; DL-TITLE-Attack of the Show. Do I just need to up my scan to half hourly?
Hi Karl,

as ke6guj already said, the frequency doesn't really matter. Can you enable debug logging if this still happens ?

Dirk'
Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Will do.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk, is it possible to get the anti-favorites to have multiple rules on a Favorite Keyword?

So something like DL-CHANNEL-425-TITLE-Nascar Racers-FAVK-Nascar . I tried to manually edit the anti-favorite to add the channel rule, but it didn't work.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

Everytime I update SageMC I loose my excludes list. It there a way to not have this happen?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Do you restart Sage after you import the anti-favorites? If not, you'll have an empty excludes list. But if you restart Sage, the existing excludes list should still be there.

Whenever I do my updates, or switch back to SageMC after being in the stock UI, I always restart Sage to make sure everything loads up correctly.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Ahhhh Ha...I had to restart the server after re-importing the stvi. Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, restarts are a good idea. Whenever I install a Sage upgrade, I always restart the server. Whenever I do any STV upgrades or imports, I can usually get away with just starting ther service after I drop in the JARs, an then restarting the UI after I have loaded the STV and any imports.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I always stop and restart the server after a sage upgrade, I never thought to so it after an STV update though. After a STV update I have only restarted the client.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk, is the anti-favorites supposed to pick up and mark shows that are in conlict, and aren't going to be recorded?

It would be nice if the anti-favorites could mark the conflicted show as watched as per the rules set. That would clear the conflict automatically. I see the show listed in the upcoming SageMC schedule, but noted as a conflict and if I check the logs, I see that that show is not checked against the list. The show above it, and below it are checked against the list. Makes sense if it really isn't on the schedule, but that SageMC is smart enough to show you where it would be on the list.

I think I just answered my own question. No big deal, I'll just mark it watched. That scenario doesn't come up too often.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Sage Expert

Just installed this. Sweet! Thanks! Does EXACTLY what I was looking for -- letting me record an actor/actress without getting their serials.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

First off thanks for the plugin and thanks to John for porting it over to the Default STV.

I am using this plugin with the Default STV and the latest beta (ver 6.2.4) and I have not been able to get a keyword exclusion to work with any existing favorite.

I have one category exclusion and it is working fine so I know the plug is working:
WD-CATEGORY-SPORTS NON-EVENT-DRAG RACING-FAVT-DRAG RACING

However my keyword exclusion is not working at all:
WD-KEYWORD-SPORT-FAVT-DRAG RACING

I have tried many variations but to no avail. No matter what I use for a keyword it does not work.

Since the category exclusion works I know the plugin is working but something is definitely wrong on the keyword side. Attached is a screen shot of the favorite and the show that I am trying to exclude. Note that I have lookahead=240. I have tried similar keyword favorite exclusions on shows within 24 hours and the results are the same.

Thanks,
HC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Recording exclusion.pdf (312.5 KB, 226 views)
Old 08-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

For those interested here's a tweaked version of Favorite Excluder for the Default STV.

- Fixes the missing Create Favorite Exclude button on the Video Advanced Options panel in SageTV 6.2.6
- Fixes some theme issues in SageTV 6.2.x with highlighted text in the Favorite Exclude panel
- Adds OK, Cancel, Paste and Clear buttons to the Add/Edit Exclude input panel

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-09-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Removed attatchment as it is now included in the download
Old 08-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky View Post
I am using this plugin with the Default STV and the latest beta (ver 6.2.4) and I have not been able to get a keyword exclusion to work with any existing favorite.

However my keyword exclusion is not working at all:
WD-KEYWORD-SPORT-FAVT-DRAG RACING
HC, keyword excludes are looking for text in the Title, Description, Episode or Actors field for a match.

So in this example unless you have a program that is a First Run with a Title of Drag Racing AND has the word sport in either the description/episode/actors it will not exclude it.

John
Old 08-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
For those interested here's a tweaked version of Favorite Excluder for the Default STV.

- Fixes the missing Create Favorite Exclude button on the Video Advanced Options panel in SageTV 6.2.6
- Fixes some theme issues in SageTV 6.2.x with highlighted text in the Favorite Exclude panel
- Adds OK, Cancel, Paste and Clear buttons to the Add/Edit Exclude input panel

John
What about SageMC Build v6.3.3c ? Will this work with it?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
What about SageMC Build v6.3.3c ? Will this work with it?
The only changes are in the Default STV panels and aren't needed in SageMC.

John