SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Lost the highlight in the advanced options panel after installing on Sage 6.2
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgitta View Post
Lost the highlight in the advanced options panel after installing on Sage 6.2
Not sure what advanced options panel you're talking about.

Are you running on the Default STV or SageMC?
If you are using the Default STV are you using the version of the import from the download or this one which has some changes for Sage 6.2

John
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, tried it out on SageMC6.3.4a and it looks like it partially works for the most part.

I can access it in the options menu to add a new anti-favorite and it seems to act correctly there. I DIdn't want to actually save an anti-favorite, but other than that, looked ok.

When going to the Favorites Excluder page, I can't scroll throgh the list of anti-favorites. Only can access left side menu, "Add new" looks like it would work, but Exclude log is messed up. the log steps over the existing screen and each "play" trigger just continues to step on itself.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Dirk, tried it out on SageMC6.3.4a and it looks like it partially works for the most part.

I can access it in the options menu to add a new anti-favorite and it seems to act correctly there. I DIdn't want to actually save an anti-favorite, but other than that, looked ok.

When going to the Favorites Excluder page, I can't scroll throgh the list of anti-favorites. Only can access left side menu, "Add new" looks like it would work, but Exclude log is messed up. the log steps over the existing screen and each "play" trigger just continues to step on itself.
Yeah, haven't had the time to update all my plugins yet, but I'll have a look asap, especially at this one.

Dirk
Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

v2.6

I just uploaded v2.6 which is compatible with SageMC 6.3.4+ I switched over to Greg's studio tools library for the import, and the JAR file now requires Java 1.6. JREKiwis latest update for the default STV is also included in the download file.

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-08-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. Looks good.

I'm just about back to normal with all the imports needing to be 6.3.4 compatable. I think I'm just waiting on someone to help out and port nielm's auto-aspect switcher to SageMC.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Sage Expert

A suggestion.
It's probably in here someplace, but I just spent a bit of time trying to get this app working again before figuring out that you added some new screens to sage and no longer used the external file -- and that I needed to map them in when using dynamic customizable main menus. The suggestion is that you add this to the instructions on the 1st page of this thread -- or at least a comment that it needs to be done.

Also, a would-be-nice... your "back" forces me back to the setup menu whereas I have the favorite excluder screens mapped into my recording setup menu (with manage favorites, etc. -- seems more logical to me to manage favorites and anti-favorites from the same menu). It would be nice to have it go back to where I was instead of back to setup (assuming that this is possible).

Thanks.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 12-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Sage Expert

Should the menu and the option for the program work from an MVP or placeshifter client? I can see the options and the menu from the main sage server, but from my MVP's the menu just comes up garbled and the option on the program does not show up at all....
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Should the menu and the option for the program work from an MVP or placeshifter client? I can see the options and the menu from the main sage server, but from my MVP's the menu just comes up garbled and the option on the program does not show up at all....
I am getting the same thing with the latest beta release and latest sagemc. Did you ever figure this out?

Miller
Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

v2.7

I uploaded version 2.7 which should import fine on MVP and placeshifter.

Dirk
Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the update, the MVP and placeshifter are working great....
Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Dirk,
I've noticed when I import this stvi, it doesn't reference the main stv's code for items such as the title bar and text. I have been fidiling around with SageMC 6.3.7a and changing the look of items in the titlebar area, such as removing the all the big text images called <Panel Name="Logo"> and changing the onscreen placement of <Text ID="6" Name="TitlePanelText">. After making the changes to the master "TitlePanelText" it properly changes all those that reference it .The text for the RecordedTV screen doesn't use this master for some reason so I modded in my version to also reference the same master (But that's a question for SageMC). Anyhow back to the import. Is there a way to build the import so it properly references the same "TitlePanelText" other screens do, so that when the master item is alter it carries over? Does any of this makes sense?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

It's probably never been updated to use the themes feature.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

OK, well then I shouldn't look to that one on guidance on how to do it then I have been trying to figure out how to make the <Text ID="#" Name="TitlePanelText"> in the stvi to actually be <Ref ID="#" Name="TitlePanelText"> when imported. From what I can tell after I import it, there are a few things that do not reference properly and some that make duplicate items in the stv code. Of course I'm just getting started with kinda stuff, so I could be talking out my a$$.

Last edited by kricker; 03-14-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
OK, well then I shouldn't look to that one on guidance on how to do it then I have been trying to figure out how to make the <Text ID="#" Name="TitlePanelText"> in the stvi to actually be <Ref ID="#" Name="TitlePanelText"> when imported. From what I can tell after I import it, there are a few things that do not reference properly and some that make duplicate items in the stv code. Of course I'm just getting started with kinda stuff, so I could be talking out my a$$.
I'll check it out, haven't looked at that plugin for a while...

Dirk
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

I just had something strange happen.
I have an anti-favorite:
Code:
wd-title-friends
I forced a scan, and it marked a show called "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" as watched. Although, I noticed it did not mark the show "My Friends Tigger and Poo". So I'm guessing it marked the other show because the name ends in "Friends"??? Is the title matching not exact?
Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

With the advent of version 2.7 for SageMC, I thought it was time to tidy up the port for the default STV, so here it is.

Favorite Excluder 2.7 for the Default STV.

- Fixed themes to use Default STV themes for all panels.
- Removed all the SageMC specific code
- Sort list of current excludes
- Reworked logic for the excluding thread to ensure the thread is killed when switching STVs and if a client disconnects ungracefully. Also removed the requirement to restart after importing or enabling/disabling. Running the excluder thread is no longer global and can be enabled/disabled on a per client basis.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip favorite_excluder_2_7_stvi.zip (66.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Expert

Hi. Great plugin. Didn't see any reference to this problem, though,

I'm using default STV with neilm's dynamic menus. The Favorite Excluder uses the whole screen for the individual entries, covering the 'exit' icon (left arrow). The only way I can get out of this is to type Alt-Leftarrow. Is there a way to make the list of entries start farther down the page?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Sage Expert

I didn't have a 'run interval' property and it seemed to be running every 5 minutes rather than 60. Is something else triggering it?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Sage Expert

Really enjoying this plugin. Thanks! So, here is some feedback:

Bug: I'm using the standard UI with Neilm's dynamic menus. The list of Excludes uses the whole screen and makes choosing Add New or Exclude Log tricky, as well as exiting (Alt-left arrow with a keyboard, not sure how to use it without a keyboard). Can't use the mouse to exit as usual. If you can guide me how to fix it I'd be happy to give it a try, especially if it's a change outside the plugin.

Suggestion: I inadvertently added a 'dl-title-' with nothing after it and it "don't liked" a bunch of shows. It would be nice if the 'current results' of an Exclude could be shown to make sure it's functioning the way the user intends. And maybe reject/ignore a DL or WD with nothing as an argument.

BTW, is there an easy way to undo a bunch of DLs once the showings have been removed from the Recording Schedule?