SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
Bug: I'm using the standard UI with Neilm's dynamic menus. The list of Excludes uses the whole screen and makes choosing Add New or Exclude Log tricky, as well as exiting (Alt-left arrow with a keyboard, not sure how to use it without a keyboard). Can't use the mouse to exit as usual. If you can guide me how to fix it I'd be happy to give it a try, especially if it's a change outside the plugin.
I'm not having a problem with this.

What version of SageTV and the import are you using?

The update here fixed some theme issues in the Default STV, but it was so long ago I can't remember if your problem was one of the things that was fixed.

John
Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

I'm running Excluder 2.7 and Sage 6.5.9. Still having this problem.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

Check that you've got df_sageutils.jar in the JARS directory before you attempt the import.

If you post your SageTV3.xml with the import loaded I can have a look at what's gone wrong.

John
Old 04-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage Expert

Hello,

I had posted a fixed version for SageMC in the SageMC forum. It seems ot be an issue with the new dynamic tables. The current table sets it size to the total number of rows and makes the table entries very small... The table size is using the wrong variable name and not the one defined in the section of code...

Thanks,
Jeff

EDIT: Scatch that I just noticed the version of sage you were running... also I took a look at the code, and it has a fixed size and not variable...

Last edited by jphipps; 04-26-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage Expert

I figured it out. When I added the menu page I chose "Favorite Excluder", not seeing the next one which is for the Standard UI.

Suggestion: Maybe add 16x9 or something to the title to indicate it's for SageMC only.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Lost my Upcoming Recordings Shedule after installing this

I have been running SageTV Service and the the SageMC inteface happily on WHS for a while (all latest releases), but the favourites recorded too much. Saw this favourites_exclude utility and installed as decribed.
Big Problem...
The situation now is that I have NO suggested recordings listed and my upcoming recordings list stays empty, this stays empty even if I manually set a future recording.
It looks like the process which picks future programs appears no longer to be working plus the interface can't get access to the upcoming list, - The uppcoming recordings or the schedule are both empty. The guide however does show the manual red dot record indicators for future programs (all my suggested ones have gone) but these don't show up in the other lists

You can see the currently recording programs in the parallel view.

I have tried backing out the install, and gone back to a previous directory varsion and win.bin and sage.properties file. This has not changed the situation.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated pls?

LATEST UPDATE: There were more problems than just above, recording did not work, I checked log file and there were errors so I replaced the Wiz.binb file with one of a few days ago and it now seems to be working again. - Not sure if it was coincidence due to stopping and starting server to install anti-favourites, which just happenned to make it happen or or not.

Last edited by burtonpark; 05-03-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added update
Old 08-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Sage Icon

I just installed STV Import: Anti-Favorites. I restarted the SageTV service. I don't see the Anti-Favorites anywhere in the SageTV menu system. I expected it to be under "TV", "Reccording Schedule", but it isn't there and cannot find it anywhere else.

Dave
Old 08-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I believe you should see it listed as "favorite excluder" under tv/schedule recordings.

Last edited by kricker; 08-29-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

I don't see it there either. I've looked around different areas and don't see it anywhere.

In TV, Scheduled Recordings, I see Manage Favorites, Create Timed Recording, Browse by Category, Resolve Conflicts.

The favorite_excluder_2_7.stvi file is in the C:\Program files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\ folder. I assume that the favorite excluder still works with SageTV version 7.

Dave
Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

It does. I am using it in v7. There is a plugin (version 2.8.1) in the UI mod plugin list you install it from. Then you should be asked if you want to restart the ui.

Last edited by kricker; 08-29-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Kricker! The Ui mod plugin worked. I already set several shows to "don't like", like "Paid Programming".

I'm trying to figure out how to combine two items. There is a show called "Eyewitness News at 10" that is being recorded many times a day on the station's secondary channel. Is there a way I can exclude the "title" by time range or exclude the "title" by channel?

I still want to record the "Eyewitness News at 10" from the station's main channel, and I have it setup as a favorite to record only on the station's main channel. However, intelligent recording is recording the same show many times per day from the station's secondary channel.

Dave
Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Check out the OP. There is something called "dl-channel-xxxx" that might do what you need.