SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage User

I just noticed that my channel 2 actually tunes in channel 3. I checked my lineups in the wizard and channel 2 has the correct number listed and has a different ID than 3. Any ideas?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA
I just noticed that my channel 2 actually tunes in channel 3. I checked my lineups in the wizard and channel 2 has the correct number listed and has a different ID than 3. Any ideas?
I don't know if I really can help on this, anyway here is all those numbers everywhere are getting related to each other

* The channel number you put in the Importer lineup is the one used by SageTV to effectively tune the channels

* With multiple lineups you can have one channels on more than one lineups. SageTV will pick up one of this channel to show it up on the program guide. It will use the channel number of this channel on the choosed lineup as the number displayed in the guide (though SageTV will use the right channel number for the right tuner)

* Numbers used for tuning are either :

* The real chanel number for analog TV (cable/aerial). That is the number which is an index into a frequency table.

* An index into a SageTV virtual frequency table (I guess ATSC is the same as DVB in Europe but I cannot guarantee). SageTV when scanning frequencies on your Digitial TV tuner will create a "frequency file". In this file there is one entry by tunable channel and each of them get assigned a number. This is the number used for tuning (Note you can change the number in the frequency file to match channels number on other sources for convenience).

* An index into a "Tuner" virtual frequency table : again I guess that if you use some sort of Network encoder you can assign "virtual" channels number to channels being tuned on the network encoder. I suppose the firewire plugin work in a similare way as the DVB-T plugin : you make it scan your channels and assign a channel number that you can use in SageTV

Also : if SageTV is displaying "2" as the number for "Channel 2" then you know for sure that "2" is used to tune at least on one of your source.

For instance on my setup with three lineups / three sources, I have one channel named "France 2" :

* France 2 on aerial analog is 22 (lineup 1)
* France 2 on aerial digital is 2 (lineup 2)
* France 2 on digital satellite is 7 (lineup 3)

SageTV may choose the the first lineup to build the guide and will display "22" as the channel number, but will use 2 or 7 to tune on the DTV or the Satellite source.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:40 AM

I've been searching like mad, and can't seem to find the answer:

How do I put multiple listings on 1 capture card?

I can't be alone here, i must just be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
How do I put multiple listings on 1 capture card?
What are you trying to do? Run multiple inputs into 1 card, like a cable box and a satellite box at the same time? In that case, you just setup your first input and point it to one EPG source. then, you add in a second source by picking the same tuner card and specifying a different input connector. For that connector, you can pick a second EPG source.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Administrator

Also: when adding a second source using the same tuner, make sure that none of the same channels are enabled on both lineups. If two sources are configured for the same tuner & they share any of the same channels, the first source will be removed when the second one is added.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.