SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the explanation. As usual your answer is clear and concise.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Greg,

When using your tools under Linux I can't get the Search function to work. No matter what I try it always comes back with "Not found." I've downloaded the tools several times and reinstalled several times to no avail.

The install is plain vanilla on the latest Ubuntu. Nothing installed on it except sage.

This is a test development system so I'm running the server as root and I've changed the mode on all files in the /opt directory to 777. I'm running the client (placeshifter) on the same machine as a normal user.

Any help greatly appreciated. Your tools save an enormous amount of time so I'd really like to get this working on Linux.

Thanks,

Tom

Edit: If I select "Search descendants" or "Search selection" it does work. Only "Search whole file" does not work.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 11-28-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

It's probably some inadvertant platform dependency in the code, but I'm out of town for the holiday weekend and don't have source handy. I'll take a look when I get home. There's source in the zip if you want to eyeball those code paths to see if anything jumps out at you.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Greg,

Somewhere in the beginning you are getting a list of all the widgets. That seems to be failing. I'll try to narrow it down but don't hold your breath...

Asking me to look for errors in your code is like Einstein asking Forrest Gump to find errors in the theory of relativity

Tom

Old 11-28-2009, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Greg,

Here is a log file that shows the errors. I hope it helps.

-Forrest
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.txt.zip (14.3 KB, 262 views)

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, here's what I think is happening here. It has nothing to do with Linux per se, but rather with the fact that you're trying to launch Studio from Placeshifter. My tools need a UI context in order to interact with Studio, but there's no direct way to get one from the instance of Studio being launched. Instead, my tools simply assume the local UI context, which works for SageTV Client and the server's own pseudo-client, but doesn't work for Placeshifter. As a result it throws some exceptions during startup and is unable to perform context-dependent API calls such as GetAllWidgets().

I've tried to verify this on my own (Windows-based) system but I can't seem to get Studio to launch from Placeshifter at all, with or without my tools in the loop. All I get is a spinning-circle hang.

Unfortunately I don't have a good solution to this since I don't know of a way to get the correct UI context for a Studio session launched from Placeshifter, and without that there's no way to address the appropriate widget tree for that session without having a widget selection to start from.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
I've tried to verify this on my own (Windows-based) system but I can't seem to get Studio to launch from Placeshifter at all, with or without my tools in the loop. All I get is a spinning-circle hang.
If using service mode & you haven't done this already, try setting the service to interact with the desktop.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.