SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Started having the problem recently

Has this problem ever been resolved? I was having intermittent problems where I would be watching something and suddenly things would start stuttering (audio and video) to the point it was unwatchable. I lauched the NVIDIA monitor and noticed that performance % for disk would be anywhere from 30% to 100%. Running the Sysinternals Disk Monitor it was obvious that something was constantly hitting my disks. CPU usage was never an issue. Then I noticed that SageTVTranscoder was running. I killed the process and disk activity slowed to a crawl (one SD show was recording) and everything smoothed out. Then I noticed that many of the HD shows I had recorded did not have thumbnails. A little more experimentation found when I put my cursor over the program in question SageTVTranscoder would kickoff but a thumbnail was not generated. If I killed the process the thumbnail then appeared! I think this is only happening with shows recorded with the HDHomeRun (more than 2/3 of my HD recordings). Other than this minor problem things are running great. Any ideas or should I submit a bug report.

System Specs:
MSI GeForce 8600GTS Video Card
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego CPU
1 GB RAM
WinXP MCE 2005
SageTV Version 6.2.10.152
Java Version 1.6.0_03
HDHomeRun Tuners (OTA)
Avermedia A180
Hauppauge 350
Hauppauge 15 MCE
Intervideo Video Decoder
AC3Filter
1 Placeshifter license

Last edited by thomaszoo; 11-03-2007 at 01:24 PM.