SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I tried the script and it creates the Staging folder, moves the .mp4 and .my files into it and that's it. It does not delete the temp files
Hi there,

Sorry to jump in but for removing the temp files couldn't you use the cleanup feature in Dirmon2? I use it to automagically delete my .edl and .vprj files. How it works is if there isn't a corresponding mpg file(say if I have deleted it) then it will automatically remove the edl and vprj files. I would think this should work for you as well assuming staxrip names the temp files based on the name of your h264 files.

Kevin
Old 12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Sage User

Why reboot answer

Sorry I wasn't able to check the forums back when somebody asked why reboot on a regular basis. I have a problem a number of other people have posted in that my USB UIRT will from time to time every few weeks mess up and stop working on one of its outputs. I have it doing three cables boxes at once. Rebooting fixes it every time so this is really more of a pre-emptive measure. Thanks for posting the script, I'll give it a try.

I think trying it at 3:19 am or so will be 99.999% safe and good enough for me but as someone pointed out the right way would be do check a file for sage's recording schedule. Does that exist as a single external file somewhere? Anyone know how that works exactly?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Sage User

Sendmessage usage?

nplayer,

Regarding the Sendmessage usage. I'm just running Sage as a service on a dedidated server with no client app running, nor am I running dirmon. SageTVService seems to be the only Sage related service going on my server. What would be the proper command line for me to use in place of the sections below?

"SendMessage.exe" -C SageClientApp -N SageWin -m 16 0 0
"SendMessage.exe" -C SageApp -N SageWin -m 16 0 0

would it be?

"SendMessage.exe" -C SageTVService -N SageWin -m 16 0 0

or is the message command strictly for clients? All I have are several networked MVP media extenders. Do they need to be sent a message to help them from getting "confused" which they do from time to time after reboots.

finally would I just change the last part the shutdown script from:

net stop dirmon2
net stop SageTV
shutdown -r -f

to

net stop SageTVService
shutdown -r -f

Thanks.

Last edited by craig2012; 12-04-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Administrator

SendMessage is only for sending messages to a SageTV UI window, so it isn't used for the service, since it doesn't have a window.

To stop the service, use:

net stop SageTV

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Lets not make this a Linux windows discussion and keep it on track.
Not trying to derail the discussion. just a jab. Hell, I've had nothing but problems trying to run Sage on Linux so far....

Anyway, my point was that the method seems to miss the case that when the PC reboots just before a recording is about to happen. Of course, if you *know* that you are planning to record one morning at 3am, you could always disable the auto-reboot for a day.