SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by RBTConsultants

Has there been investigation into the people that do have it working? Have they installed a specific way? Specific driver version?
I have probably done more investigation into this problem then anyone, I have not been able to come to any solid concusions. I believe it a combination of several issues. It does seem to help some people if you install the 350 last. This helped me get the TV-out working when I had all the cards in the same system. This issue seems to be related the a conflict of information in the registry. At the time I was looking into this, I think I was about the only one trying to use the tv-out with the 350. I expect this would be a bigger issue with Version 2.0 which I have only tried a few times with very little success. I always encountered hangs very shortly after trying to view anything. I have not tried any recent versions of 2.0. I have basically just given up on this issue. I had (before the RMA) my 350 card in a client computer which is just burning more energy then I should. It would be nice if Hauppauge finds a fix for it but I don't have any expections at this point. I really do not believe that it is a hardware issue but it could be. You might want to review the thread "Mixed Hauppauge Card bug - Example". The posts from pawn are very interesting, he origianlly did not have the problem, then he did, then I believe he got rid of the problem. This seems to reinforce that it is not a hardware issue. This issue goes all the way back to last summer when the new type 16 250 starting appearing. I don't think it was considered a real problem untill I started looking into it. I have not seen any real effort by Frey or Hauppauge to gather any information concerning it. I have not even heard if Hauppauge is able to duplicate the problem.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 PM

Problem is very easy to duplicate since both cards read their driver settings from the same location in the registry yet require different settings.

A driver from Hauppauge is in private testing. Once they figure out how to do it right it will be more publicly available.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

mlbdude, are you one of the private testers? If not, what is your source of information?

I would have also though the problem was easy to duplicate but the comments from Narflex on 12/23/2003 are:
"I've done every combination of 250/350, 15/16 cards in my workstation and they've always worked flawlessly. I've also seen other PCs that simply would not work with more than one capture card in them (but work fine with multiple USB devices, combined with a PCI card). In my technical opinion, the problem is due to motherboard manufacturers who cut corners and don't fully implement the PCI specification. This allows for *most* setups of PCI cards to work fine, but not all."

I have not seen or heard otherwise that he or anyone else from Frey has been able to duplicate the problem.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:35 PM

Not sure what I can talk about in regards to any private testing. I will say that I still can't get my 15 and 16 to work together yet. So if I was testing a beta driver I could say it is not going well. But at least the issue would be getting some attention .