SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

New updated version

I updated the gadget to work with the Jetty web server along with a few enhancements. See the first post.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I downloaded and installed the new version of the gadget and lost the flyout display of the recording schedule when I click on "Now Recording."

I reinstalled version 1.1 of the gadget and and the recording schedule flyout works fine with version 1.1.

Do you have any idea what's going on with the flyout in v1.2? Thanks.

Jerry
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
I downloaded and installed the new version of the gadget and lost the flyout display of the recording schedule when I click on "Now Recording."
For this version when you click "Now Recording" it just refreshes the list below (the text changes to indicate this). Click anywhere in the gadget below it to show the flyout.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

cncb, great new features in the update, however my system message icon shows red even though I have reset the alert in Sage. Sage is not showing a current red alert, but the gadget is. How do you get the gadget to reset the alert with a reset on Sage? Does it not go away unless you delete all of the system messages?
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Does it not go away unless you delete all of the system messages?
Yes, that's how it currently works. I'm not sure if there is a way through the web server to tell if it has been reset or not but I will look into it the next time I get a message.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
For this version when you click "Now Recording" it just refreshes the list below (the text changes to indicate this). Click anywhere in the gadget below it to show the flyout.
Thanks. I missed that. Problem solved.

Jerry
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, that's how it currently works. I'm not sure if there is a way through the web server to tell if it has been reset or not but I will look into it the next time I get a message.
So, I received another system message and "reset" it. There appears to be no indication in the rss from the web server to indicate that the system messages have been reset. We will have to request this from the Jetty web server developers.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have upgraded to the Jetty webserver and I am having problems getting the gadget to work. I did make two changes in the sage.js file changing:
Code:
var HOME_URL = "/sage/home";
var CURRENT_URL = "/sage/home?xml=currrecording";
to:
Code:
var HOME_URL = "/sage/Home";
var CURRENT_URL = "/sage/Home?xml=currrecording";
But the Now Recording says check settings. But the Recording Schedule part still works. I have changed my port to the correct setting and if I put "sageserver:8081/sage/Home?xml=currrecording" in the URL line of IE 8 then I get a valid XML file returned to me. Any reason why this should not work? The port setting must be correct to be getting the Recording Schedule screen, correct? So it is just an issue with the Current Recording query.
I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms. Everything looks fine in the sage.js file, all the cases are right. The schedule appears in the flyout as designed, and putting in the URL of the xml file returns the proper information. But the gadget itself keeps showing "NA - Check network connection, server, and settings." Any advice?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
The schedule appears in the flyout as designed, and putting in the URL of the xml file returns the proper information. But the gadget itself keeps showing "NA - Check network connection, server, and settings." Any advice?
Are you using the updated (1.2) version of the gadget?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you using the updated (1.2) version of the gadget?
Yes. But I now have more info to report, and it's even more strange. The display of current recordings is intermittent -- sometimes it displays the recordings properly, and sometimes I get the NA message. The flyout always has the proper information. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the display works.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
The display of current recordings is intermittent -- sometimes it displays the recordings properly, and sometimes I get the NA message. The flyout always has the proper information. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the display works.
Sorry, I can't explain this. If you are using the computer name for the "server" you might want to try the specific IP address instead (I have found significant delays and possible timeouts for some reason when using the computer name with my system).
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Love the widget but new version seems to have a bug. You need to check the include padding option, otherwise all you get is "NA - Check network...", while the flyout works fine and the links work.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyway View Post
Love the widget but new version seems to have a bug. You need to check the include padding option, otherwise all you get is "NA - Check network...", while the flyout works fine and the links work.
Thanks for finding this. Please try the update I just posted.

Last edited by cncb; 12-09-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Yah, that 1.2b version works better. Still not sure how to get the channel images to load though, but that's another question. Mine are all bad image references.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

cncb - On windows 7 32bit with core2quad. This gadget has been working for me for a while now. Now just tonight after a reboot, I am getting the NA-Checke network connection etc. Click refresh, same thing. uninstall, reinstall (1.2b), same thing. added server as ip, same thing. clicked logo and it logs into the webserver via firefox fine. just will not connect or list anything. flyout does same thing.
any ideas? is there a log that it creates that I can look at?
thanks.

Update: Nevermind. started working. Interesting, it was still giving the no update until I launched a web page then opened the flyout then everything started working, including the main display. I will let you know if it changes at all.

Last edited by sundansx; 01-01-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Jetty neilm webserver, SSL, authentication disabled.

Hi, I'm having trouble getting this utility to work. It seems like a nice utility. The configuration and installation instructions are very straight forward. Unfortunately, it doesnt work for my working jetty based webserver using SSL on port 8090 with Jetty authentication disabled (although, I still have a username/password defined (which I dont use when loggging into my sageTV jetty Neilm webserver.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just put in "localhost" for the server (where jetty runs in memory) and port "8090". I've tried putting my username/passwords and not putting them as well; no matter what I do, I get a "NA - Check network connection, server, and settings". Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi, I'm having trouble getting this utility to work. It seems like a nice utility. The configuration and installation instructions are very straight forward. Unfortunately, it doesnt work for my working jetty based webserver using SSL on port 8090 with Jetty authentication disabled (although, I still have a username/password defined (which I dont use when loggging into my sageTV jetty Neilm webserver.
Since you are using SSL do you access the webserver with an "https" address? If so, I would have to modify the gadget to optionally use that address instead of the standard "http".

Keep in mind that you would not want to use the gadget outside of your local network since the username and password are not encrypted.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I have two ways to do it... but, ultimately it's an SSL; hence, https://

However, I use a cloaked URL instead of a long weird URL... I use something like ths for the cloaked URL which is looks like an http adddres:

http://sageTV.myurl.com (takes me to jetty nielm server) <--(secretly cloaked via dyndns..and definitely SSLed)

I only would use the gadget for my localhost machine

Thanks! I would love to test it when its SSL compatible!

Edit: I dont know if this makes any difference at all... but I just realized, that I do have authentication on; however, my webbrowser authenticates me automatically... so quick that I never noticed.

Quote:
Since you are using SSL do you access the webserver with an "https" address? If so, I would have to modify the gadget to optionally use that address instead of the standard "http".

Keep in mind that you would not want to use the gadget outside of your local network since the username and password are not encrypted.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-16-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
However, I use a cloaked URL instead of a long weird URL... I use something like ths for the cloaked URL which is looks like an http adddres:

http://sageTV.myurl.com (takes me to jetty nielm server) <--(secretly cloaked via dyndns..and definitely SSLed)
Try using "sageTV.myurl.com" for the "Server" field in the gadget options and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Thats the first thing I tried... However, afterall.. its still an https link ultimately (just hidden very well to us)... but not to the applications. But thanks so much for the suggestion.

Quote:
Try using "sageTV.myurl.com" for the "Server" field in the gadget options and see what happens.

***RIP SageTV***