SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

After some changes it seem to be working.

I reverted back to 6.4.8 from 6.5.3, (after some unrelated capture card errors), at the same time I changed the IP address in the config file to show 192.168.0.2 and now it sort of works.

When I select either "Main SageTV System" or "Media Room SageTV Client" then I get the remote for my Living Room HD100 extender?

What should I change so that I can choose either the Living Room or the Bedroom extender, also how do I remove the options for "Main SageTV System" or "Media Room SageTV Client"?

Thanks for the help,

David
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Shadeblue,

Flash 10 implements some new security features which will litter the flash log with errors unless the crossdomain.xml is flushed out. I have been working on a few flash widgets at work and have cobbled together the following based on my research.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
	<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
	<cross-domain-policy xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.adobe.com/xml/schemas/PolicyFile.xsd">
		<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" />
		<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />
		<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" />
	</cross-domain-policy>
Also, are you making any of your code available? I would be interested in taking a look at it.

B
Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
Hi,

After some changes it seem to be working.

I reverted back to 6.4.8 from 6.5.3, (after some unrelated capture card errors), at the same time I changed the IP address in the config file to show 192.168.0.2 and now it sort of works.

When I select either "Main SageTV System" or "Media Room SageTV Client" then I get the remote for my Living Room HD100 extender?

What should I change so that I can choose either the Living Room or the Bedroom extender, also how do I remove the options for "Main SageTV System" or "Media Room SageTV Client"?

Thanks for the help,

David
BTW- I have not tested this on 6.5.3.

By default, if only one extender is active and detected, the remote utility will automatically direct you to the single "known" extender. So make sure both (all) of your extenders are powered on and connected to the Sage server, then try the web remote app. If more than one extender is detected by Sage, the remote app should prompt you to choose which one you want, even if it is not defined in the config.xml!

Is your client and sagetv server on the same IP address, running on the same computer? If they are you will have to configure a different port for the webserver to run on in nielm's configuration settings. For example, my sagetv server web runs on port 8080 and my client runs on port 8081.

-SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Shadeblue,

Flash 10 implements some new security features which will litter the flash log with errors unless the crossdomain.xml is flushed out. I have been working on a few flash widgets at work and have cobbled together the following based on my research.

B
bcjenkins,

Thanks for this info, I am currently running on Flash 9, the info you provided is helpful and I will roll it into the crossdomain.xml file for the next release. I'm still a novice at Flash/Flex, so I'm learning by doing :-)

Thanks!
SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Love this... showed it off to my wife who loved how I could control the HD extender from my laptop. I fast forward the comercials for her while I surf the net.

Great work. Just thinking could this be customized to mimick a keyboard somehow? It would be great to go to youtube and be able to type in an artist or song title without the cubersome left-right-up-down button pressess on the HD Extender remote that take forever.

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 12-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by computer33 View Post
Love this... showed it off to my wife who loved how I could control the HD extender from my laptop. I fast forward the comercials for her while I surf the net.

Great work. Just thinking could this be customized to mimick a keyboard somehow? It would be great to go to youtube and be able to type in an artist or song title without the cubersome left-right-up-down button pressess on the HD Extender remote that take forever.
That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if the API supports that type of remote input, I'll have to do some research on that one :-)

-SB
Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

could the web remote be used to sync playback of two or more devices if i wanted to rock whole house a/v?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole View Post
could the web remote be used to sync playback of two or more devices if i wanted to rock whole house a/v?
In it's current form, no, it does not support simulataneous control of multiple endpoints. Further, even if you could initiate a start of the media track on multiple players, it may need some way to keep them in perfect sync?

-SB
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love it, I love It I Love It! BTW did I tell you I Love It, BUT (here it comes) is there anyway to size the graphic??? On my computers resolutions (typically 1024x768) I cannot see the top bar to cahnge server or file bar. I can see once I go into full screen but I cannot use F11 for full screen with your narrow pop up screen so I need to open, view>full screen and then it loses the narrow "pop up" type screen.

No biggie but would be nice to customize the size for our various screens
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I love it, I love It I Love It! BTW did I tell you I Love It, BUT (here it comes) is there anyway to size the graphic??? On my computers resolutions (typically 1024x768) I cannot see the top bar to cahnge server or file bar. I can see once I go into full screen but I cannot use F11 for full screen with your narrow pop up screen so I need to open, view>full screen and then it loses the narrow "pop up" type screen.

No biggie but would be nice to customize the size for our various screens
Glad to hear your appreciation for this tool :-)

I just looked into this and there is a scaling factor that I could wire up that could allow you to configure a custom scaleX and scaleY factor that would resize the entire GUI. Unfortunately this is not something that is currently exposed, but when I get some free time, I can add those additional properties to the configuration file and allow you to define a custom scale percentage for the GUI. Keep subscribed to this thread and I'll post a release update when a new version is available.

Thanks, SB
Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for your speedy reply, I shall watch for your update. In the meatime keep up the great work.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're cooking, how about a horizontal view too. Scaling would be tough on my netbook screen size, and I would prefer bigger buttons.

B
Old 01-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

bcjenkins reported an issue where he's using the remote control under the Jetty server plugin and could not access the crossdomain.xml file. That issue has been fixed for those interested in using Jetty as the web server. You will need to update to the Jetty Starter plugin version 1.5 as well as stuckless' remote API version 6.4.8-12.

shadeblue, you might want to change the installation documentation to instruct the user to copy crossdomain.xml to the SAGE_HOME/jetty/static folder.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Sage User

Can I control On Demand from Comcast

This is a great tool. I have it up and running. What I would like to do is to be able to control the Comcast On Demand screens. I can tune to channel 1, but the up, down, left, right, and select buttons seem to have no effect on the On Demand menus. Has anyone configured this tool to run these menus?
Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
bcjenkins reported an issue where he's using the remote control under the Jetty server plugin and could not access the crossdomain.xml file. That issue has been fixed for those interested in using Jetty as the web server. You will need to update to the Jetty Starter plugin version 1.5 as well as stuckless' remote API version 6.4.8-12.

shadeblue, you might want to change the installation documentation to instruct the user to copy crossdomain.xml to the SAGE_HOME/jetty/static folder.
jreichen,

Thanks! I have added this note to the installation instructions.

Cheers,
SB
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM

Local sagetv UI context not working

Hi,

I seem to have the opossite probelm of most people here. I can control my extender but not my server. Any ideas?

when I browse to the remote page it connects and loads, with the extender turned on, the remote can connect to and control the extender...very cool btw. However I can not connect to my server. all I get is

ERROR no UI context detected.

I am probably missing something really obvious but before you ask I do wave the sageTV gui running so there should be something for it to control.

thanks,
Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

In the download section you have:

(OPTIONAL) If you would like to replace the webremote that is used in Nielm's web user interface, all you need to do is to rename the existing "webremote.html" file in the under the "sage" folder in the webroot of Nielm's web server to something else like "webremote.old" ...

RENAME - C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\webremote.html
TO - C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\webremote.old

... and then copy the "webremote.html" file out from the new "remote" directory and paste it in the "sage" folder in the webroot of Nielm's web server. (effectively replacing the old implementation with this new one)

COPY - C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\remote\webremote.html
TO - C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\webremote.html

Is this possible to do anymore? I'd like to change it, but it looks like the new version of Nielm's Web Server is all wrapped up into a .war file....

-S
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Is this possible to do anymore? I'd like to change it, but it looks like the new version of Nielm's Web Server is all wrapped up into a .war file....

-S
Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do it. Jetty's pretty flexible so it may be possible but I haven't found out how.

Here's one idea I had but it doesn't work:
The Jetty plugin is configured so you can place files in the jetty/static folder or any subfolders. I was hoping you could create a sage subfolder and put the files there (jetty/static/sage/webremote.html), but I got an HTTP 404 Not Found error. It looks like if there's a war file deployed then Jetty won't check the static location as a fallback.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Can this be used with SAGETV7 and JETTY

I have jetty running on sagetv7 can I manually install this?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

The steps I described a couple of posts above are working on my server now. Try these and let me know if they work for you:
  1. Create a jetty/static/sage folder
  2. Download and extract the remote to the folder
  3. Copy crossdomain.xml from jetty/static/sage/remote to jetty/static/sage (up one directory)
  4. Test the remote from the web UI
, Java 1.6.