SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
You need to run it on the client too.
my question is exclusively about the client. all photos I attached are of the client. the registry and your utility show 768mb but the sagetv client shows xxx/xxx/389mb. How do I get the client to show higher than 389mb?

my sagetv server software shows xxx/xxx/1038, as it should.
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 01-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

^^ run the registry tool on the client to set the values there.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilded07 View Post
my question is exclusively about the client. all photos I attached are of the client. the registry and your utility show 768mb but the sagetv client shows xxx/xxx/389mb. How do I get the client to show higher than 389mb?

my sagetv server software shows xxx/xxx/1038, as it should.
Stupid questions but I have to ask. Have you rebooted the client PC now that you've made the change and did you make the change when SageTV client was running?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Stupid questions but I have to ask. Have you rebooted the client PC now that you've made the change and did you make the change when SageTV client was running?
not stupid at all - I'm sure I'm not doing something right. But yes, I have routinely shut down the client software before making changes and rebooted after changes.

I don't believe the client runs as a service; I didn't see a sagetv client service to stop.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't believe the client runs as a service; I didn't see a sagetv client service to stop.
Correct. Client is not a service. I don't really think it would matter if client was up but that is one thing that is often recommended when making changes like this: Make sure there are no instances of the software running when making the change.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have the utility set the registry to 768 but the client system info shows xxx/xxx/389.

Does this mean that the client just doesn't need more than 389mb?

attaching pics
If you're client is a 64 bit machine, see this post. You need to update the wow6432 node in the registry. And if you're using vista/win7 with UAC enabled and trying to run sage as a limited user see this post.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I just had this problem too... no matter what i did the settings would not stick.... if i ran sagetv as an admin then it worked fine... but when i ran it as a limited user (uac is enabled) then i had a problem... the problem was windows was virtualizing the registry entries... so look here
Code:
HKEY_USERS\<some long id>\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\SageTV
youll need to do some guessing on the <some long id>... each id corresponds to a user of the system... got the hint from here

i believe babgvant's tool that jorton linked too will work but you must run it as the user that starts sagetv (no uac credentials entry)... it wasn't working for me bc i always had to elevate my credentials to run it...

Quote:
If you're client is a 64 bit machine, see this post. You need to update the wow6432 node in the registry. And if you're using vista/win7 with UAC enabled and trying to run sage as a limited user see this post.
I'll try this but my problem is the reg entries won't stick even while in admin acct.

I have three accts on the client machine:
  1. Admin (admin acct)
  2. SageTV Client (admin acct)
  3. Guest (normal acct)

I've made the reg changes in both 'Admin' and 'SageTV Client', rebooted and when I look at the system info page, I still see xxx/xxx/389mb.

I'll try your reg edits tomorrow and if that doesn't work maybe even just turn off UAC (although I hate to do this with kids having access to it).
Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the key is that the wrong registry location is being updated...as razorsharp stated check out the post about win7 and UAC and add an entry like this...

Code:
Code:
HKEY_USERS\<some long id>\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\SageTV
k
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Code:
Code:
Thanks! Updating this virtual store registry location appears to have fixed the problem. I rebooted the machine and in SageTV Client information screen I now see xxx/xxx/779.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SageTV Registry Settings is a simple GUI application that exposes all of the registry settings SageTV can use with a short explanation of what the setting does (as a tool tip).

The UI is dynamically driven from the included xml file, so future settings can be added easily.

bin

If anyone knows of any settings that aren't in the tool let me know and I'll add them.
Hi - sorry for my 'thickness', but how and where is this installed - there are two files in the zip pack: and .xml and an .exe
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Hi - sorry for my 'thickness', but how and where is this installed - there are two files in the zip pack: and .xml and an .exe
You don't install it. Extract the two files. Run the EXE.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You don't install it. Extract the two files. Run the EXE.
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson