SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Sage Icon

It is the command window. For example the show I was using last night to test was Law & Order. The script gets to the " just before Law & Order then pauses waiting for an input. I believe this is because it encounters the &. When I press a key the next response is that Order is not a valid internal or external command.

Edit:

Here's the script in case you see something I'm missing:

Code:
::@echo off
:: app
echo %1 %2
shift
shift
::id
echo %1 %2
shift
shift
:: type
echo %1 %2
shift
shift
:: title
echo %1 %2 
shift
shift
:: desc
echo %1 %2
echo %1 %2 | find "#4"
echo %1 %2>> "C:\Program Files\Growl for Windows\Displays\Scripty\growler.log"

if errorlevel 1 goto :not-found

:found4
::#4 found so it's HDPVR4 needs recycling
echo %date% %time% Recycling HDPVR4>> "C:\Program Files\Growl for Windows\Displays\Scripty\growler.log"
::call HDPVR4CYCLE.bat
goto :end

:not-found
:: #4 not found look for #3
::verify >nul 
echo %1 %2 | find "#3"

if errorlevel 1 goto :not-found2

:found3
::#3 found so it's HDPVR3 needs recycling
echo %date% %time% Recycling HDPVR3>> "C:\Program Files\Growl for Windows\Displays\Scripty\growler.log"
::call HDPVR3CYCLE.bat

:not-found2
:: #3 not found look for #2
::verify >nul
echo %1 %2 | find "#2"

if errorlevel 1 goto :not-found3

:found2
::#2 found so it's HDPVR2 needs recycling
echo %date% %time% Recycling HDPVR2>> "C:\Program Files\Growl for Windows\Displays\Scripty\growler.log"
::call HDPVR2CYCLE.bat

:not-found3
:: #2 not found so it's HDPVR1 that needs recylcing
echo %date% %time% Recycling HDPVR1>> "C:\Program Files\Growl for Windows\Displays\Scripty\growler.log"
::call HDPVR1CYCLE.bat

:end

:: bat file renamer renames bat so it can't run for a while
:: then waits for 5 minutes before renaming bat back so it can be run again

call "c:\program files\growl for windows\displays\scripty\renamer.bat"

Last edited by toricred; 05-05-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Added code in script
Old 05-05-2010, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Be sure to double quote any text you pass through a bat file. I'm guessing that's the problem.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Growler is controlling what's going to the batch file. I'm not sure how to adjust it.

One more thing is that I tried running it without the " around the title and it eliminated the complaint about Order not being a command, unfortunately it still pauses at the end of the batch file. I'm going to do some more troubleshooting tonight. I wish I could figure out why it's pausing.

Last edited by toricred; 05-05-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Now I feel like a real idiot. Growl was configured to run a script in my user's profile rather than the one I was editing with the program. Now it is working fine. Next problem is that the command eric3a was running to reset the power. I can't find it, but it looks like it must be something he compiled from a perl script. Any chance one of you nice souls could help out an idiot and post it? I'm not very good at compiling perl and I'd rather use something that I know runs.

Edit:

Now testing it from Growl has a problem because the title of the tuner is in " and it's not getting enough to pick up the tuner number. It's really frustrating to be so close and yet not quite be there.

Last edited by toricred; 05-05-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Next problem is that the command eric3a was running to reset the power. I can't find it
[UU.W32.exe 192.168.0.XXX:80 admin:XXXXX 5pulse]

W32.exe is a program from "Web Power Switch" manufacturer, I placed it in windows/system32 folder so it can be called from any directory.

Syntac is Program, space, the web switch IP address, :the port number 80, space, the user ID, : password, and then the command. Above "5pulse" is recycle the power to switched outlet number 5.

Last edited by jerryt; 05-05-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can find it here..

User Utilities 4.1

Take care;
Erc
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Now testing it from Growl has a problem because the title of the tuner is in " and it's not getting enough to pick up the tuner number. It's really frustrating to be so close and yet not quite be there.
I never managed to solve that one, so I just reset both my HDPVRs when I can't tell.

Not nice and clean, but resetting a functionning unit -even in the middle of a recording- doesn't crash the recording on my system.

I'd be interested in a cleaner solution though if you find one.
Eric
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage User

I just installed SageAlert and it keeps asking for a user name and password. What is default user/password?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
I just installed SageAlert and it keeps asking for a user name and password. What is default user/password?
It is the id/password configured for Jetty (default is sage/frey or frey/sage - I think).
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

sage/frey. It's stored in the jetty/etc/realm.properties file under your SageTV install folder.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Twitter Support Ends June 30, 2010 for SageAlert v1.0.x

Effective June 30, 2010 Twitter will be disabling and removing the basic authentication scheme from its API. This is the authentication method currently used by SageAlert v1.0.x. Once disabled, SageAlert v1.0.x will no longer be able to send tweets for events. Any attempt to do so by SageAlert will result in an error. SageAlert will happily handle these errors, you just won't get any tweets sent.

SageTV v7 users are encouraged to upgrade to SageAlert v2.0.0 (beta). When available, you will be able to install it directly from the SageTV v7 Plugin Manager. I am running some pre-beta builds of v2, but it's not quite ready for delivery into the plugin repository. I expect to have something in the repository within a week or two. SageAlert v2 has updated its Twitter support to use the OAuth authentication scheme. More details on what this means for SageAlert + Twitter users will be coming in the days ahead. A new thread for SageAlert v2 will be added to the Sage v7 Customizations forum in the next day or two.

NOTE 1: OAuth support will NOT be backfitted into SageAlert v1.0.x. Therefore, SageAlert v1.0.x will definitely not be able to send tweets after June 30, 2010.

NOTE 2: Until a v7 compatible version of SageAlert appears in the plugin repository, users could install a v1.0.x version into Jetty just like you did for Sage v6. Please note, however, that I have not tested these older builds in Sage v7 (though I would expect it to work with no problems). As I say, I expect to get a beta into the repository within the next week, if you can wait, I'd wait.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
NOTE 2: Until a v7 compatible version of SageAlert appears in the plugin repository, users could install a v1.0.x version into Jetty just like you did for Sage v6. Please note, however, that I have not tested these older builds in Sage v7 (though I would expect it to work with no problems). As I say, I expect to get a beta into the repository within the next week, if you can wait, I'd wait.
I can confirm the most recent build of 1.x works fine with v7 for those impatient folks among us
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think I am missing something obvious here, but I have Sage v7 and SageAlert 2.x installed (via the plugin manager). I can bring up the webpage.

If I click on Servers, nothing comes up in the right pane (if something was already there, it doesn't change). If I click the SMTP settings, I can enter stuff into there (not exactly sure what to enter here), but still nothing comes up under Server, or any of the list below that (CSV file, Email, Growl, or Twitter).

I tried a search and looked through the UserGuide for SageAlert, but no luck... a walkthrough on the setup would be great.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah you need to right-click to add things... I was confused about this as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangriotis View Post
I think I am missing something obvious here, but I have Sage v7 and SageAlert 2.x installed (via the plugin manager). I can bring up the webpage.

If I click on Servers, nothing comes up in the right pane (if something was already there, it doesn't change). If I click the SMTP settings, I can enter stuff into there (not exactly sure what to enter here), but still nothing comes up under Server, or any of the list below that (CSV file, Email, Growl, or Twitter).

I tried a search and looked through the UserGuide for SageAlert, but no luck... a walkthrough on the setup would be great.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
Yeah you need to right-click to add things... I was confused about this as well
Updated docs are coming eventually, but, yes, you need to right click things to add new server types.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wow. Thanks.

How about the SMTP settings... what needs to be entered here? Do these alerts get pushed through an SMTP server or something?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes so you need to enter whatever settings you use for sending email (like your ISP, etc.)

Quote:
Wow. Thanks.

How about the SMTP settings... what needs to be entered here? Do these alerts get pushed through an SMTP server or something?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow. Thanks.

If you configure an email address and register that email address with some alerts then those alerts will be pushed out using those SMTP settings. Twitter, Growl, and CSV file alerts obviously don't use SMTP settings for anything.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

ok, got it working through my gmail account... works great. I have a Droid that has notifications set up for a gmail message. Was ~20s delay to get the alert when I connected a client. No longer a necessity for SMS with these smartphones with unlimited data.

Awesome stuff. Another incredibly useful add on. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Final reminder: Twitter support broken in SageAlert v1.x after June 30, 2010

This is a final reminder that SageAlert v1.x will not be able to post tweets to Twitter accounts after June 30, 2010.

Twitter support does work with SageAlert v2.0, which is currently in beta. SageAlert v2.x requires SageTV v7.x or newer. Twitter support will NOT be fixed in the SageAlert v1.x series.

Support for SageAlert v2.x can be found here. This thread will be closed as SageAlert v1.x is no longer supported.
Closed Thread