SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
What I woudl really like to be able to do is include DVDs in the TV Explorer under movies. My family doesn't understand why there are DVDs, Movies, Videos, and TV... seems clear to me though!!!

if everything was under the TV browser, or even a tab for DVDs it would be much smoother.

How hard would it be?
I don't know the answer to that, but I'm thinking along the same lines as you are. For my next project I'm contemplating "Super Malore Menus" that will display all videos (Recordings, DVDs, imported video, and maybe online videos) in a uniform manner. I really like razrsharp's TVExplorer and may plagiarize some of his good ideas and combine the best of TVExplorer and Malore.

I think it will be a rather large project, but not as large a project as this import.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1 for your super Malore menu project. I've been wanting a way to browse all my media using those menus for a long time. Seems like a no-brainer, wish it was built into Sage already.
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tom,

Thanks, I will try those things. I don't have SageRecorder installed but i did notice that doing a repair (i think) with the downloaded MediaCenter server kit, on the bottom left of the install screen, it displayed the path to SageRecorder which confused me since this directory does not exist. Maybe no MediaCenter update is required since i got that menu with the three choices?

I installed the MediaCenter server kit on a different system just to try it and it did in fact install to the SageTV folder. So i don't know what that message about SageRecorder was.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I still can't get this to work correctly but i think i am getting closer.

I updated my STV to the latest version and my online*.properties files show version=2009120701. I can get to the malore menu OK but backing out is an issue. Or maybe i'm just not using the correct remote keys to go back. Once i watch a show chosen from the list of shows in the right column, if i go left, it brings me to the left column with the single category highlighted. But if i go left again, it either brings me to the column with the icons or back to the main Sage Menu. I can't get back to the Category/Subcategory again with al the subcategories listed that appears when you first open the Online Services menu. And then if i go mack into the Online Servcies menu, it only shows the subcategory and not the full list of categories in the left column

It is driving me crazy!

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

James,

I'm not 100% sure of what you are describing but here is how to navigate.

Assuming you are in the Catgeory/Subcategory view, once you are in the left column you press the enter button on the remote to go up a logical level in the hierarchy. Pressing the left button will go back to the last menu you were on before entering the Malore Online Browser.

To change the view you are in use the << or >> buttons.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 12-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

First -- Thanks tmiranda for a fabulous plugin. This really draws the whole UI together.

I am using this with SAGEMC and I am having a bit of an issue that I haven't seen anyone else mention:
I imported this STVi into the STV3.xml and forced a rebuild.
I exited out of Sage and I *renamed* the rebuilt xml to SAGETV3.xml (carrying over instructions from the days of the original EP plugin).
I then reloaded SageMC. When SageMC loads up it says that SAGETV3 has changed and do I want to rebuild?
If I say no .. it goes away and everything works but when I come out of your online menu I am back at the default STV and I have to manually load SageMC and I get the rebuild prompt again. That loop continues whether I accept the rebuild or not.

What did I do wrong?
Thanks again for your hard work !!

Installation includes:
Sage 6.62
STV update 2009120901
SageMC 6.39b_22
jetty/BMT
TV Explorer
Old 01-08-2010, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

belleboyd,

It sounds like you still have my import listed in the import manager. After you do the rebuild and rename on the default STV go back and remove the Malore Style Online Browser STVi from the import manager list. You should probably make sure that there are NO STVi's listed in the import manager.

Every time you load the default STV (or SageMC loads it) the STV checks to see if you have any STVi's listed. If you do it checks to see if anything has changed and if so prompts for a rebuild. If there are no STVi's listed in the import manager the check for changes does not happen.

Caveat Emptor - Renaming a modified STV to SageTV3.xml will be frowned upon by Sage and Sage support.

I'm not sure why exiting brings you back to the default STV instead of SageMC. It may be related to the issue outlined above, but I'm just guessing. If you let the import manager import the STVi more than once (which you did if you said Yes to the rebuild prompt that popped up after SageMC loaded the modified default STV) strange things may happen. I'd suggest starting from scratch with the original SageTV3.xml. Import the STVi, remove the STVi from the import manager list, rename, and try it again.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tom: I think I may be doing something wrong in the order in which I am loading or renaming .. or something. The behavior is still the same. fyi: I reloaded the entire Sage folder from a backup I did before I started this - so i know it's all clean. Your plugin is unzipped in the usual way to the usual location.
The order of operations is:

1) Settings>>Load STV>>Default STV (SageTV3)
2) Setup>>DetailedSetup>>Advanced>>Manage STVi Plugins>>AddNew>>Select your Plugin>>Force Rebuild and Reload
3) Setup>>DetailedSetup>>Advanced>>Manage STVi Plugins>>AddNew>>Select your Plugin>>Remove
4) PluginManager>>Revert to Base STV?>>yes
5) Exit Sage
6) Rename SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.xml as SAGETV3.xml
7) Restart Sage
8) Setup>>Detailed Setup>>Advanced>>Reload last Custom STV (SageMC 639b_22)
9) Goto Online Videos>>Select something to verify it works>>exit with LEFT>>And there I am at the default menu (with return to Sage MC as the last selection)

Is there some debugging info I can give you? Am I just doing it wrong somehow? Thanks for any info .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
belleboyd,

I'm not sure why exiting brings you back to the default STV instead of SageMC. It may be related to the issue outlined above, but I'm just guessing. If you let the import manager import the STVi more than once (which you did if you said Yes to the rebuild prompt that popped up after SageMC loaded the modified default STV) strange things may happen. I'd suggest starting from scratch with the original SageTV3.xml. Import the STVi, remove the STVi from the import manager list, rename, and try it again.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom
Old 01-09-2010, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

It looks like you are doing all the right things. Let me see if I can do some debugging in my own environment.

Edit: One my SageClient development system it works as advertised. On a Linux system it behaves a little differently, but not as you describe. Things load fine but on exiting the Malore browser it tells me SageTV3 has changed and asks for a rebuild. If I choose "No", it returns to SageMC. I don't know if this is a Linux issue or not so for the moment I'm putting this aside.

Let's see what's different from your setup and mine:
- I'm assuming you are on Windows since it doesn't mention Linux in your signature. Same.
- I see you are running the latest STV update. Same.
- I see you are running Sage 6.6.2. Same.
- I downloaded the latest official SageMC release which is 6_39a. Different.

Can you try using SageMC 6_39a?

Tom

Last edited by tmiranda; 01-09-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.3

New version 1.3:
  • Supports my EZOnline definitions.
  • Added the ability to record (download) podcasts

Tom

Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tom,

After setting a feed as a favorite I noticed that all every time I group by favorites, every episode in that favorite duplicates. I now have four repeats for each of the 5 episodes. Is this supposed to happen? When I shut down and restart the client, they go away and only one copy of each episode shows.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 AM
SageTVaholic

No, that's not supposed to happen. What do you have "When to Download Podcasts" set to?

Old 04-10-2010, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

skyeclad,

I can confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release. For now the work around is to set "When to Download Podcasts" to "On Demand".

Thank you for identifying this problem.

Tom

Old 04-25-2010, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.4 is now available. Some bug fixes and some enhanced recording functionality.

Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=346

04.25.2010 - Version 1.4
  • Fixed a bug that caused podcast episode information to be duplicated.
  • Added ability to cleanup files (from the default STV as well as for the Malore Online Browser STV) that sometimes get orphaned. Note that the "Online Cleanup" STVi should not be used in addition to this STVi since the functionality is identical.
  • Added ability for user to choose if a podcast is to be recorded after being watched. The user can have the podcast automatically recorded when the playback is complete or can choose to be prompted when the playback is complete.
  • Added the ability to automatically have the podcast added to the Imported Videos after being recorded.
  • Added the ability to record a podcast while watching it by pressing the Record button on the remote (or Ctrl-y on a keyboard.)
  • Enhanced the record dialog so the user can choose where to store the recorded podcast and what to name it.
  • Slightly enhanced the options menu to include links to the RSS Options menu and the Record Options menu.

Many thinks to skyeclad for bug finding and beta testing.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Version 1.4 is now available. Some bug fixes and some enhanced recording functionality.

Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=346

04.25.2010 - Version 1.4
  • Fixed a bug that caused podcast episode information to be duplicated.
  • Added ability to cleanup files (from the default STV as well as for the Malore Online Browser STV) that sometimes get orphaned. Note that the "Online Cleanup" STVi should not be used in addition to this STVi since the functionality is identical.
  • Added ability for user to choose if a podcast is to be recorded after being watched. The user can have the podcast automatically recorded when the playback is complete or can choose to be prompted when the playback is complete.
  • Added the ability to automatically have the podcast added to the Imported Videos after being recorded.
  • Added the ability to record a podcast while watching it by pressing the Record button on the remote (or Ctrl-y on a keyboard.)
  • Enhanced the record dialog so the user can choose where to store the recorded podcast and what to name it.
  • Slightly enhanced the options menu to include links to the RSS Options menu and the Record Options menu.

Many thinks to skyeclad for bug finding and beta testing.
Great additions. Any chance we'll one day see podcast favorites, ala Tivo style?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Have patience Grasshopper ....

I'm working on that now. No ETA, if you want to be a beta tester PM me your email address. The Malore Online Browser is fairly complicated so I appreciate the extra testers.

Tom

Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Sage Expert

Any chance on making a version for SageMC? The procedure for importing it from above seems kind of scary.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
Any chance on making a version for SageMC? The procedure for importing it from above seems kind of scary.
Doubtful at this point. It seems SageMC developement has essentially ended in favor of Phoenix. The Malore Online Browser is BIG and woul require a lot of effort to port so I'd rather not port it to SageMC when Phoenix, Ortus, Sage 7 are all rumored to be coming...

Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Have patience Grasshopper ....

I'm working on that now. No ETA, if you want to be a beta tester PM me your email address. The Malore Online Browser is fairly complicated so I appreciate the extra testers.

Tom
sure
Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage User

recurring/scheduled downloads?

Great Plugin!!

Any chance a recurring/scheduled download of feeds and/or podcasts can be added?

I'm using it with EvilPenguin's PlayOn add-on for access to NetFlix. It would be a great feature if a scheduled crawl could be created for a specific tree of feeds - would dramatically improve speed when browsing from the remote for a movie to watch.
Thnx!

-Mark