SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Mark,

Right now I do not have plans to add scheduled downloads of the feeds. I lik the idea so I'll look into that for a future release.

I am currently working on automatic downloads of the actual podcasts (not just the feeds) so you will be able to physically download the podcasts and have them show up in your Imported Videos menu. You will be able to use that and then just delete the Videos you do not want to watch. I know that's a little clunky and different from what you are asking for, but it might be a work-around for now.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Sneek Peek

See attached for what Podcast Automatic Recording will look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RecordOptions.JPG (99.8 KB, 242 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
See attached for what Podcast Automatic Recording will look like.
Looking good, how about "# of episodes to keep"? Default option is all, but able to restrict.

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

That's "Keep At Most". In the example it is set to "Unlimited", but you can change the value to anything you want.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

1.5 Beta

Here is a beta for the brave of heart. It allows you to automatically record favorite podcasts. Select the podcast you are interested in, press the Favorite button on the remote (Ctrl-k on a keyboard) and a dialog will pop-up that I hope is fairly self explanatory.

A quick explanation of some options:
- Re-Record Deleted Episodes - Will record an episode available on the server even if you have previously recorded it and deleted it. (Note, there is no way to tell if you actually WATCHED the episode. It can only tell that the episode was downloaded sometime in the past and subsequently deleted.)

- Remove Duplicate Episodes - Will delete any episodes that are duplicated on your system.

Make sure you first go to the Recording Options and Enable "Import Recorded Podcasts".

This version uses a different method to track recorded podcasts so any podcasts recorded by previous versions of the Malore Online Browser will NOT be recognized.

Known issues:

- If the base recording directory path is too long it will display as "...."

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip Malore Online Browser 1.5 Beta 001.zip (557.0 KB, 199 views)

Old 05-10-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Here is another beta. There is now a "Online Favorites Manager" that works much the same as the Favorites Manager. Various bugs were fixed as well.

I do not plan on adding any more functionality to 1.5, just bug fixes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Malore Online Browser 1.5 Beta 002.zip (550.4 KB, 206 views)

Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello,

Do you plan to update online browser to Sage v7 plugin? I really like online video recording capability and would very much like to see it in v7.

Reagdrs,
Michael.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Michael,

Yes, and I am actively working on it. It needed a major rewrite to work with v7 so it will take some time.

Tom

Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Michael,

Yes, and I am actively working on it. It needed a major rewrite to work with v7 so it will take some time.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Glad to hear that! Thank you very much!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Tom,

How is your progress with the plugin for v7. Would be glad to beta-test it when you are ready.

Regards,
Michael.

Last edited by kha; 08-25-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Michael,

It's a work in progress. I appreciate your offer to test, I'll let you know when I have something. No ETA right now, but I am working on it.

Tom

Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Tom,

Thank you.

Michael.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Michael,

I'm getting close to having something ready for testing. It will not be beta, more like a "pre-beta". If you are still interested in helping me test PM me your email address.

Tom