SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Looking great! Btw, I'm loving the look of WhiteIce
I'm all about BlackIsBack
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

I'm a BlackIsBack lover too.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink

Thanks all glad people like. I am a whiteice fan myself but like the blackisblack on the wall. It is coming along at a pretty good pace if I don't find to many more backend java mistakes on my part hopefully will keep coming quickly. I gave myself a deadline of spring as I am a outside person once the weather gets nice. So here's to hoping I make that deadline.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1.Add the box set you want as a offline movie
2.then go to that offline title in the collection manager
3. click the series/box set icon towards the bottom on the left side of the covers.
4. add the movies there you want in that box set
5. check "Do not including holding set as part of Series/box set" (this will basically just tell the database that is it only a holder for the box set and not a playable title)
6. close that window and hit save title
Super helpful! What about once you create the dummy place holder, do you need to use the disc's button to specify the online folders for your titles for each specific title? or is the series/box set icon at the bottom enough?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Super helpful! What about once you create the dummy place holder, do you need to use the disc's button to specify the online folders for your titles for each specific title? or is the series/box set icon at the bottom enough?
There are 2 ways you can go about this. The way I mentioned above creates a placeholder (with it's own cover and fanart for the box set). When selecting the placeholder in the UI it will then show the seperate covers for every title you adding in that box set. (under the box set settings).

The second way is to add each disc as you asked but then you would want to uncheck the placeholder check box. If you add each disc when you select the box disc instead of seeing the titles contained inside you would simple get prompted with a list of disc to select which disc you would like to play.

You can go about it either way I prefer the first way as I want to see covers for everything inside the box set and not just disc.

For instance I own each of the Indiana Jones movies separately and I made a dummy of the box set and put each title under that placeholder box.

Hopefully that was clear if not feel free to ask any other questions.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Am I the only one who thinks that Plucky is wasting valuable coding time by writing posts on this forum ???

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Indiana Jones was a perfect example. I have the box set, but would rather have them all show up as individual covers when the placeholder is selected. So in this instance, i would:
1. add a title manually as off-line (not select the box set in the search)
2. add my own cover art
3. use the box set button to add the existing discs in my collection

then repeat for all series like Harry Potter, Underworld . . . ?

is there any harm in selecting the box set that comes up in the search?
sorry taking up time with questions dbone, i hate to take him away from coding as well
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Indiana Jones was a perfect example. I have the box set, but would rather have them all show up as individual covers when the placeholder is selected. So in this instance, i would:
1. add a title manually as off-line (not select the box set in the search)
2. add my own cover art
3. use the box set button to add the existing discs in my collection

then repeat for all series like Harry Potter, Underworld . . . ?

is there any harm in selecting the box set that comes up in the search?
sorry taking up time with questions dbone, i hate to take him away from coding as well
Don;t be sorry Dbone is just pushing me

There is no harm in selecting the box sets that come up from the search that is what I use because then you get backgrounds with them as well usually and don't have to add your own coverart.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 AM

Much appreciated

As someone who has a server tucked away in a closet and is pulling content to three different HD200's in the house, I definitely appreciate your taking the time to go back and tweak the interface to work well across those platforms. Thanks again for the herculean effort to improve our WAF's!

By the way - in an earlier post you asked for anyone with multi-disc, etc. experience with mymovies in WMC to PM you - I have been using mymovies for many versions with XP-MCE (not vista) and have done just about all the different permutations of title entry I can think of. I'd be thrilled to help with anything you need, but my PM's are still disabled so I have to say it here.
JH
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthegoon View Post
As someone who has a server tucked away in a closet and is pulling content to three different HD200's in the house, I definitely appreciate your taking the time to go back and tweak the interface to work well across those platforms. Thanks again for the herculean effort to improve our WAF's!

By the way - in an earlier post you asked for anyone with multi-disc, etc. experience with mymovies in WMC to PM you - I have been using mymovies for many versions with XP-MCE (not vista) and have done just about all the different permutations of title entry I can think of. I'd be thrilled to help with anything you need, but my PM's are still disabled so I have to say it here.
JH
I have setup a email to handle support/questions for Mymovies once released please go ahead and email me there so we can chat.

sagemymovies@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gotcha, so i'll select the box set that comes up, but only use the series button not map the disc's to online folders. thanks! now get back to coding
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

WhiteIce for me. Nice.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

From the way I'm reading it, the box set is an informal grouping, so if I wanted to make my own "box set" even though it isn't a retail release, I could, right?

For instance, all the Star Wars in one group or all of the Evening with Kevin Smith or Eddie Izzard stand ups.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I like White Ice as well, but ultimately prefer Blue Steel

Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
From the way I'm reading it, the box set is an informal grouping, so if I wanted to make my own "box set" even though it isn't a retail release, I could, right?

For instance, all the Star Wars in one group or all of the Evening with Kevin Smith or Eddie Izzard stand ups.
Thats the premise I'm working on, i made up several sets tonight, Harry Potter, Underworld, Indiana Jones and Resident Evil. now anxiously awaiting beta invite hehe, just kidding, can't wait for the release to see how this works!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

That is correct you can make your own. I suggest selected from one in the search and editing accordingly then you don't have to assign your own covers, but you can if you want just make sure you select the covers in the management tool that you want to use. There won't be any backgrounds if you use a manual one. Need to figure out a way around that.

Quote:
I like White Ice as well, but ultimately prefer Blue Steel
That is funny....

Quote:
Thats the premise I'm working on, i made up several sets tonight, Harry Potter, Underworld, Indiana Jones and Resident Evil. now anxiously awaiting beta invite hehe, just kidding, can't wait for the release to see how this works!
I know me nether I keep waiting for my private invite to the beta as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay all just ask and hope I get some responses since I can't add a poll

I am working on the custom view portion of the coding and this can go to ways. One is more dynamic but may be two much please share your opinions on which way you would like to use it (I will not be implementing both)

1. Views are custom defined on a unlimited basis. Mean you can select a view/videos shows/sorting method,theme, and fully customize that view and save that view with any name you like. That view can at anytime be recalled after saving the preferences.

example:
You are on listview you have the fanartbackground turned on, videos are showing boxed only and it is sorted by Release date. You can save this view as "BoxedList" and it will be there to reference again and again.

2. View are defined on a user basis. This wouldn't be as dynamic as the first as each user would have their own defined wall,list,coverflow,sideways view,theme etc but would not be able to have multiple wall or list views defined.

Example:
User("Sally") like her listview showing all movies unboxed sorted by date added to collection using the whiteice theme.
User("Harry") like his listview showing boxed movies sorted by release dates using the black ice theme.

The one advantage to option 2 is it would remember sorting by each filter/genre/box set on a user basis vs a "view" type basis or whole basis.

Hopefully those are good example option one is more dynamic but may be more than people need/want.

Voice your opinion if you have one

cheers
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

My first inclination is to vote for 1, since it provides the most flexibility. Then again, I don't really have many users with different preferences. My girlfriend sometimes prefer things organized/looking a different way, but I think option 1 will work just fine for that situation.

Out of curiosity, how would the interface know what user is utilizing the interface (is it by location?)?

I have to say, the features just keep on rolling in with you!

Cheers
Old 03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would go with Option #1 purely because Option #2 does not apply to me (no one in my house is named Harry or Sally)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I would go with Option #1 purely because Option #2 does not apply to me (no one in my house is named Harry or Sally)
Nice Put that much better than I did.