SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I must say...
I just discovered this discussion in the forum and am ecstatic about it. It has really made my day much more cheery and happy. I used version 2 of MyMovies and have posted a few discussions about how bad the current movie management applications are for SageTV. Really the one thing it does poorly is manage movies.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=25152&page=3 post 53 I think.

I am excited to the extreeme about your project.
Yup that post is allot of the reasons I started making this plugin that and I use to use WMC and always prefered mymovies collection manager, but you hit the nail on the head with the custom category feature me and my wife used that to separate our movies
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

If I might ask...
Reading through that thread I see you posed to it back in 07/08. At the time it seems you didn't really see a need for my movies and like Stanger couldn't figure out why all the "MyMovies Comrads" were whining about getting a solution for MM.

What changed your mind to write this app? What information did you see that made you think this app was needed? I am just curious, like I said this will be the single biggest thing to hit MY sagetv experience since the HDPVR. I plan on putting a portrait of you at the head of my families dinner table and to offer a toast to it before each meal (ok this is a bit overboard, but kinda funny).
Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If I might ask...
Reading through that thread I see you posed to it back in 07/08. At the time it seems you didn't really see a need for my movies and like Stanger couldn't figure out why all the "MyMovies Comrads" were whining about getting a solution for MM.

What changed your mind to write this app? What information did you see that made you think this app was needed? I am just curious, like I said this will be the single biggest thing to hit MY sagetv experience since the HDPVR. I plan on putting a portrait of you at the head of my families dinner table and to offer a toast to it before each meal (ok this is a bit overboard, but kinda funny).
Ha I don't even remember posting that, but at the time I didn't like MyMovies interface in WMC and I believe my response was related to that. I also didn't code in studio when writing that so who knows. Over time I grew to miss MM collection manager. I still like some features of Mediabrowser but there was not way to implement that into sage and mymovies with it's whs addition now it the best option in my humble opinion.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Ha I don't even remember posting that, but at the time I didn't like MyMovies interface in WMC and I believe my response was related to that. I also didn't code in studio when writing that so who knows. Over time I grew to miss MM collection manager. I still like some features of Mediabrowser but there was not way to implement that into sage and mymovies with it's whs addition now it the best option in my humble opinion.
As I recall there was a substantial improvement in the GUI between version 2 and 3 of MyMovies. The improvement from V2-3 IMHO rivaled that of MediaBrowser's GUI and took a lot of steam out of MBs popularity.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post
As I recall there was a substantial improvement in the GUI between version 2 and 3 of MyMovies. The improvement from V2-3 IMHO rivaled that of MediaBrowser's GUI and took a lot of steam out of MBs popularity.
yes you are correct but my post that he referenced above was made before v3 came out.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
yes you are correct but my post that he referenced above was made before v3 came out.
I did realize that.... I was trying to provide clarity to those who may not know the difference between the two versions of MyMovies. However, I think I may have made things less clear!

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am going to get started on building my MM3 library (the movies are all there I just need to put them all in MM3 database). Will this product require MM3 for Windows Home Server or just the regular free administration tool? I think it will just need the tool, but I wanted to double check before I get all setup and workign on it.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am going to get started on building my MM3 library (the movies are all there I just need to put them all in MM3 database). Will this product require MM3 for Windows Home Server or just the regular free administration tool? I think it will just need the tool, but I wanted to double check before I get all setup and workign on it.
I suggest the WHS addin if you have WHS is does automated ripping which is a really nice feature.

But not required you can just install the managagement tool on your sagetv pc as well.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, I've grown tired of waiting for the 2.1 update for my Motorola Droid, so now I'm going to ping you... are we there yet? ;-)

Just kidding, I don't want to bother you. I went back and looked at the screens for WhiteIce, etc. Still looking fantastic!!! I had previously only used the WHS management feature (in anticipation of your plugin), but last night install MM for WMC just to give it a whirl. I can not wait for your experience to hit Sage... truly awesome dude, keep up the good work!

- Cha
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Okay, I've grown tired of waiting for the 2.1 update for my Motorola Droid, so now I'm going to ping you... are we there yet? ;-)

Just kidding, I don't want to bother you. I went back and looked at the screens for WhiteIce, etc. Still looking fantastic!!! I had previously only used the WHS management feature (in anticipation of your plugin), but last night install MM for WMC just to give it a whirl. I can not wait for your experience to hit Sage... truly awesome dude, keep up the good work!

- Cha
Glad you like it. Keep in mind my ui experience will be completely different than the WMC you used. The function should still all be there (If I ever get to it al ), but the ui and way it functions will be different (hopefully in a good way)
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted everyone to know a couple of things I got going on right now and some things I am cutting from initial release. I really want and intend to get all the mymovies functions into Sage. Being that this project has turned into way more than I originally thought / planned .

The below things will be left out of the initial release but I hope to address them once the first release is functioning smoothly. I decided this was a better route to take to help me shorten my focus for now and to not delay this addin longer than it already has been.

Features put on hold

1. Trailer support (local trailer playback and intro before a movie should still be possible on initial release, but internet trailers and trailers kept locally is being pushed off initial release)
2. "In Theaters" a ui menu meant to show current trailers of what is in theaters currently.
3. "Now Showing" a ui menu meant to show posters and trailers of movies currently available or upcoming from your tv guide. (this feature is not part of mymovies in WMC but I always missed this from the default wmc so I am adding it here)
4. Actor/Director/Studio Drilldowns. These will be the easiest to add but still putting on hold for initial release

The only reason I mention this is I know people anticipation and expectations are high on this addin and I like to keep everyone informed with what I am doing so they don't expect something that isn't going to be there initially.

Hopefully that is all I will leave out of the original/first release. I can say I started using current "Alpha" builds if you will in my own setup over the weekend. I did hit some hicups but overall the wife has been happy. There is still a list of things to do before private beta even begins but my hopes and expectations are to have this in the public beta form by the end of April.

Cheers and thanks for all the support you guys have given me and team ortus.

pluckyhd
Old 03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Just wanted everyone to know a couple of things I got going on right now and some things I am cutting from initial release. I really want and intend to get all the mymovies functions into Sage. Being that this project has turned into way more than I originally thought / planned .

The below things will be left out of the initial release but I hope to address them once the first release is functioning smoothly. I decided this was a better route to take to help me shorten my focus for now and to not delay this addin longer than it already has been.

Features put on hold

1. Trailer support (local trailer playback and intro before a movie should still be possible on initial release, but internet trailers and trailers kept locally is being pushed off initial release)
2. "In Theaters" a ui menu meant to show current trailers of what is in theaters currently.
3. "Now Showing" a ui menu meant to show posters and trailers of movies currently available or upcoming from your tv guide. (this feature is not part of mymovies in WMC but I always missed this from the default wmc so I am adding it here)
4. Actor/Director/Studio Drilldowns. These will be the easiest to add but still putting on hold for initial release

The only reason I mention this is I know people anticipation and expectations are high on this addin and I like to keep everyone informed with what I am doing so they don't expect something that isn't going to be there initially.

Hopefully that is all I will leave out of the original/first release. I can say I started using current "Alpha" builds if you will in my own setup over the weekend. I did hit some hicups but overall the wife has been happy. There is still a list of things to do before private beta even begins but my hopes and expectations are to have this in the public beta form by the end of April.

pluckyhd
WOW!!! Alpha testing with the wife, you've must have brass ones...
Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Features put on hold

pluckyhd
Dude, you do what you have to do! We're all just thrilled you're even doing this at all! I hear you on the UI experience, and frankly I like what you're doing more. The WMC is nice, but I like it more "sage-ized" if that makes sense.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work!

- Cha
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Sage Expert

Hell, yes please get out a beta without all the bells & whistles. I'm dieing to try this out. And really only:

that is something I'd really use.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Homepage anyone??

Does anyone use the homepage in SMW? I am deciding wether or not mymovies needs a homepage option. It would be different than SMW but the basic concept would be the same but more advanced in some ways.

thoughts?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Homepage anyone??
I vote no
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm with 'no' as well. Thanks for asking though!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage User

I'm not a big fan of a homepage.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I actually do use the homepage in SMW (I'm a sucker for the Joker theme, what can I say), but I'm not particularly attached to it.

I would say if it's going to be alot of work and add too much to the code then I can certainly do without it.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

I vote to leave it out for now.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT