SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Sage User

I vote no, too.

Sage Beta 7;HD-300;Windows 7 64-bit;HP EX495 server with 7tb;Ceton 4-tuner cable card.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow no one likes my homepage I had different functionality ideas for this one, but none the less I will leave it out.

Curious if most want me to leave it so it will come out sooner or because they don't like it....
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Curious if most want me to leave it so it will come out sooner or because they don't like it....
at least one more button click to get to my movies...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

I use the Homepage on SMW...Wifey Likes it :-) My vote is make it an option...

Can't wait to get my hands on what you're cooking now Plucky!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same, I like the Homepage and do not mind the extra click. I guess you could awals make it an option for those that prefer to avoid it.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I want to put it in when you get to large collections like mine it sure makes filtering easier on demand
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think I want to put it in when you get to large collections like mine it sure makes filtering easier on demand
doesn't a popup navigation/filtering/view menu do the same thing? I think that's more intuitive then an entire menu dedicated to essentially navigation (unless of course I am missing something... which is always possible )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
doesn't a popup navigation/filtering/view menu do the same thing? I think that's more intuitive then an entire menu dedicated to essentially navigation (unless of course I am missing something... which is always possible )
Not even close Popups are nice but then you have to remember what button does what. I think it comes down to viewing your collection as a whole and having simple buttons to view things like Actors,Directors,Last 10 added, Last 10 watched, Newest Unwatched, etc etc it beats to me having to constantly pull up a options menu (popup) and select one to the next.

I mean you could go about it making several menu items in a dynamic menu xml but I would rather have it all on one screen. Think of it like a main "TVE" view if you will making drilling down much easier to what you are wanting to watch at the time.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Stupid question, what's on the homepage?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Stupid question, what's on the homepage?
Never a stupid question only stupid answers sometimes

Example

That would be SMW homepage, but Mymovies is taking a different approach but same end result.

Basically it is a "Home" menu if you will for movies allowing quick filtering/sorting/selection of movies all in one screen.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Buttons Buttons and more Buttons

Need suggestion on button assignments within the user interface

So far Search = "HomePage" or FilterPage whatever you want to call it
Play= Play

I am needing some other buttons and not really sure what people think would be best They are mainly for popouts and the such.

Button 1 = Popout to list Disc available for a movie or box set. (without drilling down)

Button 2= To set drilldown options and sorting options for groups(box sets,filets,categories etc)

Button 3 = Popout for Fitlers

Button 4 = Popout for Genres

Button 5= Popout for Categories

Button 6= Grab focus to scroll detail information on a movie

open to suggestions.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

You know, thinking about potential buttons for these actions I realize how accustomed I am to SMW and though some of these may not be how its done on SMW, I can't help but feel the idea was inspired somehow by it. Please let me know if I misinterpreted something based on my answers:

Button 1 = Disc availability for box set: how about including this somehow with the info screen, i.e - I would assume pressing the info button brings up movie info, maybe include a "disc available" or not available" icon on the top left corner for each disc in the set

Button 2 = couldn't this be a submenu of the options button?

Buttons 3, 4 ,5 = not sure about these

Button 6 = Does the detail information come in when you press the info button? two possible suggestions here if that is the case: press the info button again, or press the down arrow (if option 2 then maybe pressing the info button again removes the the detail information screen from the viewable area.)

BTW, just for the record, I do like the SMW homepage, and other than testing, never used SMW w/o a homepage. For me it's more like I could live without it for now if it will get the product out quicker and give you less headaches

Last edited by petereader; 03-17-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Button 1 = Disc availability for box set: how about including this somehow with the info screen, i.e - I would assume pressing the info button brings up movie info, maybe include a "disc available" or not available" icon on the top left corner for each disc in the set
There will be logos identifying online and offline. This is more a quick view of available online disc or boxed set movies think "popout"
Quote:
Button 2 = couldn't this be a submenu of the options button?
It is a submenu currently in the options but this more of a "popout" as well for quicker easier access.

Quote:
Button 6 = Does the detail information come in when you press the info button? two possible suggestions here if that is the case: press the info button again, or press the down arrow (if option 2 then maybe pressing the info button again removes the the detail information screen from the viewable area.)
It is in the info view yes but also to the right on list view and sideways view. Sort of how SMW works now where the info is scrollable if too big, but then again I may only make it scrollable in the info view.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Play= Play

I am needing some other buttons and not really sure what people think would be best They are mainly for popouts and the such.

Button 1 = Popout to list Disc available for a movie or box set. (without drilling down)

Button 2= To set drilldown options and sorting options for groups(box sets,filets,categories etc)

open to suggestions.
I'm all about having a home screen for filtering and what not...I like the home screen, but I'd like to be able to pick my background (the only thing I can think of to change). However, I like the shortcut buttons, but I'd have to think of a way to map them on my current remote and all of it's buttons are currently assigned. So when you say button 1 what are you referring to?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I'm all about having a home screen for filtering and what not...I like the home screen, but I'd like to be able to pick my background (the only thing I can think of to change). However, I like the shortcut buttons, but I'd have to think of a way to map them on my current remote and all of it's buttons are currently assigned. So when you say button 1 what are you referring to?
I am refering to where people think/want those things mapped (which button on the remote) they are currently unassigned. Think of it this way the only button that is assigned (outside of numbers,directions,ff/rr) right now in SMM is the search button for the homepage and the home button to take you back to main menu. So I am looking for ideas suggestion on what buttons to use for the above features.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am refering to where people think/want those things mapped (which button on the remote) they are currently unassigned. Think of it this way the only button that is assigned (outside of numbers,directions,ff/rr) right now in SMM is the search button for the homepage and the home button to take you back to main menu. So I am looking for ideas suggestion on what buttons to use for the above features.
That was fast...

That's what I figured. I think making the function a set button could cause problems with people using diffirent remotes. I think using the info button (mce remote derivitive) to call a menu to sort/filter movies would be awesome. I know it would be another popup menu, but this would work very well for me. I don't have the storage available yet for my collection so I don't have a problem with a huge wall of all my movies. I can see this becoming a huge problem when my whole collection is on the server. I love your sorting options (if I have them right). Being able to choose by actor, date added, and whatever else you decide is awesome. Keep up the amazing work..
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Play= Play

open to suggestions.
I don't know what everyone else uses, but I use a Harmony Remote with my system. The SageTV remote has, what, 30+ buttons on the remote? My Harmony remote only has about 20, and after using the 10 numeric buttons, channel/volume buttons, and 4 arrows and OK, I don't have too many buttons left. I do have a "Guide" button that I could remap for this...

Basically, I guess I am asking for a single button to pull up a popup where I can then select what kind of sub-popup that I want; ex. Genres, Categories, etc. I realize that this adds one extra step, and doesn't answer your original question, but it sure helps me with my limited buttons on my remote.

I really appreciate you soliciting feedback on a bunch of your ideas/features. I know that I am just one voice out of many, but it's great that I can have a vote, even if I lose. And thanks for all of your work on this, I am really looking forward to using this.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirin View Post
I don't know what everyone else uses, but I use a Harmony Remote with my system. The SageTV remote has, what, 30+ buttons on the remote? My Harmony remote only has about 20, and after using the 10 numeric buttons, channel/volume buttons, and 4 arrows and OK, I don't have too many buttons left. I do have a "Guide" button that I could remap for this...

Basically, I guess I am asking for a single button to pull up a popup where I can then select what kind of sub-popup that I want; ex. Genres, Categories, etc. I realize that this adds one extra step, and doesn't answer your original question, but it sure helps me with my limited buttons on my remote.

I really appreciate you soliciting feedback on a bunch of your ideas/features. I know that I am just one voice out of many, but it's great that I can have a vote, even if I lose. And thanks for all of your work on this, I am really looking forward to using this.
Yeah I guess I should clarify that these options alread exist in the options menu. The shortcuts are just a "quicker" way to access the most used options more or less.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Watched, Watched when is it Watched?

When do you prefer that I mark a movie watched.

A. when I movies is started from the MyMovies interface.
B. When I movie is completely watched.

And no there is no partial option here You will still have resume option and this will give the ability to set DVD's and blurays as watched unwatched.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
When do you prefer that I mark a movie watched.

A. when I movies is started from the MyMovies interface.
B. When I movie is completely watched.

And no there is no partial option here You will still have resume option and this will give the ability to set DVD's and blurays as watched unwatched.
Hehe.

C. When its 90%+ watched. I don't usually watch all the way thru the credits.