SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
Hehe.

C. When its 90%+ watched. I don't usually watch all the way thru the credits.
Yeah not sure that is going to happen. Agree that would be nice but getting that to happen @ 90% could prove a bit tricky.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

My preference is for when it reaches the end. I usually don't watch all the credits either (although I do watch some), but I can easily skip to the end or mark it some other way. Marking it watched from the beginning would probably create some confusion in my household.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
B. When I movie is completely watched.
I agree with petereader. Of the two options, B would be best for me.

I have been diligently keeping up with this thread and can not wait to give this a try. Thanks for all of the hard work and effort.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 03-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

I'd also prefer B.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'd also prefer B.
+1
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
...... I usually don't watch all the credits either (although I do watch some), but I can easily skip to the end or mark it some other way.
Same here.

B vote for me.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay so most want the second option. The only way I can really achieve this is to add a marker at the end of file box that comes up at the end of a file playing. (by marker I just mean I would mark it as watched in the background when that happens). This is due to me making watched work for dvd's where they don't natively in sage and this is the best approach I can think of.

Of course you can always hit the watched button on your sage remote as well in the wall view to mark on as watched.

I will go about it this way and see if it works or not.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just wanted to say, I have been reading this thread through and can't express enough how much I appreciate your hard work Plucky. I currently have mymovies for whs. I really like you designs and can't wait for its release. I would like to put my name in the hat as a Beta tester. My setup would be a good setup to test it on (WHS, 2 HD200's, Sage 6.5 or 6.6 at work don't have it memorized). I also have paid for more features for mymovies. Again Thank you for doing this, this will be an awesome addition to my setup!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter69 View Post
I just wanted to say, I have been reading this thread through and can't express enough how much I appreciate your hard work Plucky. I currently have mymovies for whs. I really like you designs and can't wait for its release. I would like to put my name in the hat as a Beta tester. My setup would be a good setup to test it on (WHS, 2 HD200's, Sage 6.5 or 6.6 at work don't have it memorized). I also have paid for more features for mymovies. Again Thank you for doing this, this will be an awesome addition to my setup!!!
Thanks for the kind words they go along way in motivation.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

The question I had is, I use sagemc as my interface. Will this import work with it?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The question I had is, I use sagemc as my interface. Will this import work with it?
Yes it will be 100% stv neutral meaning sagemc,default and pheonix,ortus when they arrive will work with it.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, I just tried to read this whole thread but its very long, but this looks awesome. This is the kind of project that SageTV needs to help you with IMO.

I first came to SageTV a few months ago then left right on the verge of buying it. I was talking to my nephew, who got me started with all of this, about all the things I didn't like and he said there are so many HTPC programs so don't get bogged down with one. That opened my eyes. Its not just Windows media center and SageTV. There are so many other programs. Those are just the ones that you are forced to pay for, as most of the others are free. Not only free but better in so many ways.

The big however is that I found that in a multi-TV environment, SageTVs client/server function is world beating. If that is really important to someone, they will come to SageTV (or come back). The ways in which SageTV is inferior is all of these things that the plugins are trying to do. I find the plugins that are allowing SageTV to play catchup are these ones that have had to create or use a new external core on top of designing better UIs.

IMO, SageTV needs to help you guys and create a better core system for you to work with. Instead of recreating the wheel (learning strange STV code, creating new databases, creating new APIs, etc) you guys could be concentrating on design like in other applications.

Anyway, I definitely applaud you and cncb and razrsharpe and stuckless and meinmaui and all of you who are recreating the wheel to make this a competitive product in spite of itself. Thank you from someone who is most likely going to be sticking around this time.

A couple of your poll questions.

I prefer list views over the cover views. The covers views look nice but with thousands of movies its just too confusing to pick a movie via their covers.

I don't use the SMW home screen, sorry.

I would prefer to mark a movie watched after it is completely watched.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
IMO, SageTV needs to help you guys and create a better core system for you to work with. Instead of recreating the wheel (learning strange STV code, creating new databases, creating new APIs, etc) you guys could be concentrating on design like in other applications.
thanks for the feedback

noW for the quote part. I just wanted to say that sagetv supports their developers hands down better than any other application I have ever used.(not just the htpc world). They are always open to help and listen. When you see Apis we create they are simply expanding the great core sage gives is to work from. No program can contain all the functions every developer wants. That being said this port would not be fully possible without sagetv support to me and listening to suggest/questions/fixing issues etc... I think one reason you see developer willing to put the time in they do is the support we get from sage. And while studio is not perfect once you get use to it it is really pretty easy and nice compared to having to design a ui in say wmc. That support and a great community is the reason I continue to develop and I selfishlly only develop things I want .

Sorry I just felt that needed to be said. I tried to develop for other apps in the past and their support towards developers or limited API or lack of ability to extend made me stop.

Cheers
Old 03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Sage User

(Could not resist this one)

I think this should express what we (community) feel right now about you and your work, Plucky....

WAAAGH-BWAGWABAHAKUM!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg real_love.jpg (46.1 KB, 702 views)
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey haven't posted an update in a while and like to post every now and then so people don't think I have abandoned the project.

Testing is going good and things are slowly coming together. All the time in java is finally starting to show in Sage. It seems the list is never ending on things to do but one by one I am getting them ticked off my list. I still hope to release sooner rather than later but work is picking up so time is getting more limited.

Anyways I know all you want is more screenshots. So today I figured I would post some of the options menu in it's current state (probably final look after changing it around and around to get a look I was happy with

SortOptionsPopout

ViewFilterPopout

QuickfilterPopout

QuickFilterQuickView

That should give you a good Idea of the flow of how things work. I still have to add a "Search" feature as well as a QuickViewCategories for custom categories (I admittedly have ignored the categories so far but need to get them added as well).

All these options are overlaying the list view currently.

Cheers

Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks pretty cool so far...

Keep up the good work
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

All's I can say (with extreme excitement) WOW
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Looks pretty cool so far...

Keep up the good work
Quote:
All's I can say (with extreme excitement) WOW
Thanks glad you like
Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

My anticipation for this plugin runs a very close second to the v7 release - and that's saying alot!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
My anticipation for this plugin runs a very close second to the v7 release - and that's saying alot!
Thanks for the compliment