SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but are you planning support for tv series or extra information from MM?

It would be nice to be able to see which Season and disc number you are viewing.

Also it would be nice to be able to see the edition name along with the name of the actual movie whenever you are displaying the movie name, or at least have it in the expanded info for the movie.
First question. My Movies doesn't support tv data. It does support multi disc and that is how allot of people are doing it. My plugin should support that although it will take some tweaking after release as I don't use it that way so will need someone who does to tell me what it is doing wrong

The edition name is shown in the list view and will be shown in the info view.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
First question. My Movies doesn't support tv data. It does support multi disc and that is how allot of people are doing it. My plugin should support that although it will take some tweaking after release as I don't use it that way so will need someone who does to tell me what it is doing wrong

The edition name is shown in the list view and will be shown in the info view.
PluckyHD - MyMovies is looking to add support for individual tv episodes, correct? For people like myself who record and archive tv shows, multi disc support doesn't work which is why I avoid MyMovies.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 05-13-2010, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
PluckyHD - MyMovies is looking to add support for individual tv episodes, correct? For people like myself who record and archive tv shows, multi disc support doesn't work which is why I avoid MyMovies.
Correct he is suppose to be adding it not sure when but hoping sooner rather than later. I will support it when he adds it.

Multi disc support does work but not well for tv which is what I am sure you are referring too.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Correct he is suppose to be adding it not sure when but hoping sooner rather than later. I will support it when he adds it.

Multi disc support does work but not well for tv which is what I am sure you are referring too.
Multi disc support doesn't apply to people who record their own shows. It only applies if you have the actual TV series discs which you rip in disc format. Since my tv shows are all recorded they are single files per episode (i.e. Showname - S##E##). Hopefully Brian is working diligently on this as it definitely holds MyMovies back against MediaBrowser or many other Front ends.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Multi disc support doesn't apply to people who record their own shows. It only applies if you have the actual TV series discs which you rip in disc format. Since my tv shows are all recorded they are single files per episode (i.e. Showname - S##E##). Hopefully Brian is working diligently on this as it definitely holds MyMovies back against MediaBrowser or many other Front ends.
I think tv support will be nice but on the other hand it is called MyMovies not MyTv but yes I know what you are saying, but in sage with ortus/phoenix/TVE I don't think it will be as needed, but we will see.

On the front end I can and do have plans for adding tv support if mymovies doesn't get around to it but it will be frontend only without mymovies cm support if that becomes the case. Between the stuff I mentioned above though I think tv will be covered pretty well in sage and better than media browser imho. Media browser is nice I will give you that but can you play native dvd and blu rays on those extenders..... (sorry you know I will poke at the weak spots I can find...as I am sure you and others will on my addin when it is released.

cheers
Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think tv support will be nice but on the other hand it is called MyMovies not MyTv but yes I know what you are saying, but in sage with ortus/phoenix/TVE I don't think it will be as needed, but we will see.

On the front end I can and do have plans for adding tv support if mymovies doesn't get around to it but it will be frontend only without mymovies cm support if that becomes the case. Between the stuff I mentioned above though I think tv will be covered pretty well in sage and better than media browser imho. Media browser is nice I will give you that but can you play native dvd and blu rays on those extenders..... (sorry you know I will poke at the weak spots I can find...as I am sure you and others will on my addin when it is released.

cheers
Yeah, I just like the idea of being able to maintain your entire video under one program (including metadata). That is what you get with Media Browser, XBMC, etc... that you don't get with MyMovies since it only handles Movies. And yes the WMC extenders are weak (I don't use) but I can't give the HD200 too much of an edge until we see a seriously needed hardware/UI refresh

Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I just like the idea of being able to maintain your entire video under one program (including metadata). That is what you get with Media Browser, XBMC, etc... that you don't get with MyMovies since it only handles Movies. And yes the WMC extenders are weak (I don't use) but I can't give the HD200 too much of an edge until we see a seriously needed hardware/UI refresh
I think after you see mymovies you will give the hd200 more of an edge there is just nothing out there like it that includes pvr service.

But like I said you will get better on the tv front soon I promise
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think after you see mymovies you will give the hd200 more of an edge there is just nothing out there like it that includes pvr service.

But like I said you will get better on the tv front soon I promise
My issue with the hd200 is the outdated hardware though (HDMI 1.2, annoyingly slow, etc...). Give me the hd300 with full support for bitstreaming HD audio as well as downmix, a snappier UI, and throw in MyMovies and then I will do the dance of joy

Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My issue with the hd200 is the outdated hardware though (HDMI 1.2, annoyingly slow, etc...). Give me the hd300 with full support for bitstreaming HD audio as well as downmix, a snappier UI, and throw in MyMovies and then I will do the dance of joy
I will give you the hd audio. The latest beta firmware speeds up the performance quite a bit and SMM is much faster than SMW.

Downmix of dts will never probably happen as I think the chipsets of most things prevent this...
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I will give you the hd audio. The latest beta firmware speeds up the performance quite a bit and SMM is much faster than SMW.

Downmix of dts will never probably happen as I think the chipsets of most things prevent this...
What chipsets? It is definitely HD200 hardware related (maybe an HDMI 1.2 issue, why they chose to go with that instead of HDMI 1.3 baffles me to date) as almost every other player out there now downmixes DTS to stereo. If I cannot hook up an extender/player directly to a tv and watch all my media then it is a waste (which is why the HD200 is in a closet collecting dust somewhere in my house).

Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What chipsets? It is definitely HD200 hardware related (maybe an HDMI 1.2 issue, why they chose to go with that instead of HDMI 1.3 baffles me to date) as almost every other player out there now downmixes DTS to stereo. If I cannot hook up an extender/player directly to a tv and watch all my media then it is a waste (which is why the HD200 is in a closet collecting dust somewhere in my house).
I wasn't aware of any extender by anyone that downmixes dts....
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

iirc it's not a chipset issue. It's a licensing issue and for some reason sage doenst want to / isnt willing to / or cant pay for. Perhaps with bluray and more and more dts-ma soundtracks that might change but who knows.

Quote:
(which is why the HD200 is in a closet collecting dust somewhere in my house).
I'll take it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is a link to the chipset feature page. The HD-200 uses the SMP8652 chipset. The SMP8654 supports hdmi 1.3 and more memory. The new MediaMVP-HD by hauppauge has the newer chipset. If sage decided to make a client for that in the meantime that would be great. I'm personally only going to use extenders in areas where I'm not as picky about the functionality. My main movie room has a client for many of the reasons you don't like the hd-200.

If SMM is faster than SMW I'm going to be really happy. Good work plucky.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There isn't one that I know of. I'm just going to use an A/V receiver everywhere I have an extender to solve that problem. I have a few collecting dust somewhere...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I guess let me revise, media player (such as Popcorn hour, etc...) not extender. Although technically the PCH A100/110 can be used as an extender with GBPVR and can downmix

Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
There isn't one that I know of. I'm just going to use an A/V receiver everywhere I have an extender to solve that problem. I have a few collecting dust somewhere...
I guess I should also clarify, that the main purpose of a media player for my setup is specifically to play back my content and not necessarily for the PVR capabilities. That is why the HD200 fails for me, it cannot bitstream HD audio and it cannot downmix when connected to a tv (getting an AVR for every tv that you want to use an HD200 for is not an adequate solution IMO).

Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I guess I should also clarify, that the main purpose of a media player for my setup is specifically to play back my content and not necessarily for the PVR capabilities. That is why the HD200 fails for me, it cannot bitstream HD audio and it cannot downmix when connected to a tv (getting an AVR for every tv that you want to use an HD200 for is not an adequate solution IMO).
So use a dts down converter software and keep both audio tracks I know I know still not ideal just saying.

Also you want bitstreaming of hd audio but don't want a reciever....complex guy huh

All joking aside I see your points and wasn't aware other media players downmixed dts and I myself have had times in the bedroom where I say dang it I have to turn the receiver on to watch this...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So use a dts down converter software and keep both audio tracks I know I know still not ideal just saying.

Also you want bitstreaming of hd audio but don't want a reciever....complex guy huh

All joking aside I see your points and wasn't aware other media players downmixed dts and I myself have had times in the bedroom where I say dang it I have to turn the receiver on to watch this...
Actually I want a player that works in both environments. So in theory I could have a SageTV extender throughout the house. The ones connected to my AVR would bitstream HD Audio, the ones in bedrooms/playrooms connected directly to a tv would downmix to stereo. I actually had to go back and create a secondary AC3 track just because of the HD200, but gave up wasting my time with.

Just about every player out there now downmix DTS to stereo (I can confirm this with all PCHs, Xtreamer, Dune, AC Ryan, etc...), it is a very common feature.

Trust me, if the folks at Sage get the HD300 right, combined with SMW, you could have me as a convert (but you know this already as your goal is to convert me to the dark side!!!). Until then, for my setup there are much better options.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually I want a player that works in both environments. So in theory I could have a SageTV extender throughout the house. The ones connected to my AVR would bitstream HD Audio, the ones in bedrooms/playrooms connected directly to a tv would downmix to stereo. I actually had to go back and create a secondary AC3 track just because of the HD200, but gave up wasting my time with.

Just about every player out there now downmix DTS to stereo (I can confirm this with all PCHs, Xtreamer, Dune, AC Ryan, etc...), it is a very common feature.

Trust me, if the folks at Sage get the HD300 right, combined with SMW, you could have me as a convert (but you know this already as your goal is to convert me to the dark side!!!). Until then, for my setup there are much better options.
Yeah there are always options and never one perfect solution unfortunately. Really though the hd300 point might become mute as this mini clients get cheaper and cheaper to build and lower and lower on energy usage. I client absolutely does everything and the lack of a true client pc is what made me finally give up on microsoft. I was willing to look past the extender shortcoming and build pc's but that was another shortcoming I couldn't overcome.

Now stop hogging my thread
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Now stop hogging my thread
It would be easy to do if we had something related to SMM to actually test out and talk about

Last edited by dbone1026; 05-13-2010 at 10:22 AM.