SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just about to start getting ready for Pluckys My Movie plugin. I download My Movies Collection Management program. During the install process it asks what type of installation you would like to use. Standard, server and client or client. I have a headless server and hd200. Would I select server and client or just standalone?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post
Plucky
You had previously stated that you would keep the functionality of launching videos in an external player which I think comes from SageMC. With SageMC not being ported to v7 will this functionality be in SMM? Also SageMC with dynamic menu's gives the ability to create filtered video menus which works with SMW? Will SMM have this ability?

Does the default v7 not allow launching of other players ? (not sure hopefully someone knows)

As for dynamic menu's and filtering I am still holding out that V7 before it goes out of beta will have dynamic menu;s if not I will work something out.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the best route for external players would be to develop a simple java class that launches the external app. then bind that class to the media_player_plugin_class properties in sageclient.properties. This would work the best I think, as it could be done based on file-extension... also /bluray or /dvd.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think the best route for external players would be to develop a simple java class that launches the external app. then bind that class to the media_player_plugin_class properties in sageclient.properties. This would work the best I think, as it could be done based on file-extension... also /bluray or /dvd.
Thanks for the suggestion will look into doing it that way.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Would this way also ensure the the external player is brought to the "front"? For example, using MediaBrowser with WMC you need to specify parameters when a 3rd party player is launched to ensure it goes to the front (and then when you close out of the player it goes right back into WMC). If not then all remote control signals will just go to WMC and not the player.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Would this way also ensure the the external player is brought to the "front"? For example, using MediaBrowser with WMC you need to specify parameters when a 3rd party player is launched to ensure it goes to the front (and then when you close out of the player it goes right back into WMC). If not then all remote control signals will just go to WMC and not the player.
That would be my responsibility to ensure it is brought to the front by minimizing sage that should do the trick.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdiablo View Post
Just about to start getting ready for Pluckys My Movie plugin. I download My Movies Collection Management program. During the install process it asks what type of installation you would like to use. Standard, server and client or client. I have a headless server and hd200. Would I select server and client or just standalone?
Any info on this guys?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any info on this guys?
Sorry I missed this install as a server where sagetv is installed as a server serving your hd200

then you can install as a client on other pcs if you have then
Old 05-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

If i already have a mymovies server (on whs) will the plugin work in client mode?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
If i already have a mymovies server (on whs) will the plugin work in client mode?
Yes you just need to install the mymoives collection manager in client mode on your client pc and point it to your whs (sure you alraedy do this becuase you can't manage the collection directly from the whs)

cheers
Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Sorry I missed this install as a server where sagetv is installed as a server serving your hd200

then you can install as a client on other pcs if you have then
Thanks Plucky will do the install today. Now is there any way to get the metadata from the collection manager into Sagetv 7? or is setting the collection manager up just for my movies?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Plucky will do the install today. Now is there any way to get the metadata from the collection manager into Sagetv 7? or is setting the collection manager up just for my movies?
You can set it to output properties files and sage should pick those up.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
With Collection Management running, go to Tools, Options, Meta Data Storage and check Store meta-data for SageTV. I did this before I added my movies into CM.

Refresh your Import folders after you've added your movies in Collection Management. SageTV will pick up covers, etc.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-22-2010, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
With Collection Management running, go to Tools, Options, Meta Data Storage and check Store meta-data for SageTV. I did this before I added my movies into CM.

Refresh your Import folders after you've added your movies in Collection Management. SageTV will pick up covers, etc.
Someone is preparing well
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Someone is preparing well
Someone is really anxious .
EDIT: No pressure intended.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post

Also note that I believe you have to have the discs marked as online in your collection and pointed to the appropriate folder where the video resides for the CM to write out properties files and pull backgrounds (fanart).
Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
Also note that I believe you have to have the discs marked as online in your collection and pointed to the appropriate folder where the video resides for the CM to write out properties files and pull backgrounds (fanart).
Absolutely.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
You can just import a folder and it will scan all the subfolders
Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks everyone, I will be sure to give this a try. Or maybe I should wait till my movies is released by the end of this weekend??? j/k
Old 05-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky, love the video with the posters, where do i get that functionality in the MyMovies collection manager? Or is it something that needs to be added/purchased on the WHS install?