SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Plucky, love the video with the posters, where do i get that functionality in the MyMovies collection manager? Or is it something that needs to be added/purchased on the WHS install?
Posters are not currently supported in my movies for media center. However the mymovies webservice has the posters as they plan on using them in the future. So basically I wrote my own code to go and scrap them from the webservers however like backdrops posters require a certain points on your mymovies account. I think it is 500 or 750 points for posters but can't rememeber I will let you know

so in short if you have the points my addin will grab the posters for you.

On another note I am now writing code to allow covers or posters on any view because I decided I too like posters better
Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to clarify though, if one doesn't have the points, will this use common fanart posters, or is it restricted to JUST the my movies system?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-22-2010, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Just to clarify though, if one doesn't have the points, will this use common fanart posters, or is it restricted to JUST the my movies system?
Covers are free and require no points.

Posters=movie release posters

now that is said

you can override with your own posters,covers,backdrops with no points requirement. As it wll pull overrides first.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I was more wondering if it would use something like a phoenix fanart folder to get posters or if they would have to be duplicated into the my movies system.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was more wondering if it would use something like a phoenix fanart folder to get posters or if they would have to be duplicated into the my movies system.
Yes I plan to add Phoenix as a last check but it won't work for offline titles and Phoenix metadat won't be supported for a long time as it misses allot of the data mymovies creates.

But yes Phoenix fanart will be supported with a property file, but it will not be scaled or cached like I am with mymovies fanart. Which won't effect much but extenders speed wise.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

There's already been talks about removing the scaling of the images for the default phoenix install as it turns out it doesn't really help performance all that much in the new system anyways, so it might not be that much of an issue.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There's already been talks about removing the scaling of the images for the default phoenix install as it turns out it doesn't really help performance all that much in the new system anyways, so it might not be that much of an issue.
Actually on the extender it is night and day difference performance wise on something like the wall or coverflow. You can turn on background loading on the images to help speed but the extender is just painfully slow to load all the images that way. It was disussed in the beta that as close to a 1 to 1 pixel match is the best. It mostly helps with speed and caching. The more you can keep in cache the better on the extender especially when doing something like the above mentioned views. I scale all the images by default to as close to pixel match a I can on extenders as to not make the extender have to rescale the images as well.

Trust me in my test it was a huge difference and I was already using somewhat scaled images at start but was still wasting way to much.

For instance on my wall I can know cache about 8 pages of full posters in the local extender memory more than twice what I could before scaling to a closer match. And that makes a huge difference in fast scrolling.

Could you point me where they where talking about scaling not being needed I see that as a mistake on extenders. Turning background loading on covers and having to wait for all the covers to is less than ideal.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Could you point me where they where talking about scaling not being needed I see that as a mistake on extenders. Turning background loading on covers and having to wait for all the covers to is less than ideal.
I was a couple of days ago, and you were on the thread too, but maybe this post is what Fuzzy is talking about??
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=14
Old 05-23-2010, 01:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I was a couple of days ago, and you were on the thread too, but maybe this post is what Fuzzy is talking about??
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=14
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to. Of course, I don't really know one way or another what works best.. the only extender I'm using is an MVP.. and it sucks no matter WHAT you try to do...

Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Any updates on a release?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage User

Will MyMovies run on a linux server?

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
Will MyMovies run on a linux server?
No not currently if someone knows of a msql implementation/API/jar available for Linux I can look at it. You can run on a windows client with a Linux server, but any extenders will need a windows server.

And no firm date on release at this time.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
Any updates on a release?
Not yet but should have something a firmer release date soon.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Not yet but should have something a firmer release date soon.
Can't wait until it comes out. I'm waiting for this to come out before I upgrade to V7. I loved SMW and even more excited for this!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can't wait either. I downloaded Collection Management and have it all ready to go. I think I read somewhere that was a good first step while waiting...
Old 05-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Can't wait either. I downloaded Collection Management and have it all ready to go. I think I read somewhere that was a good first step while waiting...
It is a good first step. And SageTV can take advantage of MyMovies in the default SageTV UI, if you open Collection Management, go to Tools, Options, Meta Data Storage and check Store meta-data for SageTV. I did this before I added my BDs into MMCM (MyMovies Collection Management), but you can do it after the fact and then have MMCM refresh your collection data.

Refresh your Import folders in SageTV after you've added your movies in Collection Management. SageTV will pick up covers, movie info, etc.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
It is a good first step. And SageTV can take advantage of MyMovies in the default SageTV UI, if you open Collection Management, go to Tools, Options, Meta Data Storage and check Store meta-data for SageTV. I did this before I added my BDs into MMCM (MyMovies Collection Management), but you can do it after the fact and then have MMCM refresh your collection data.

Refresh your Import folders in SageTV after you've added your movies in Collection Management. SageTV will pick up covers, movie info, etc.
I have just finished doing this myself and works perfectly.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Plucky

This looks great.

One question I have is that I assume there is no folder hierarchy, right? Right now I keep my movies in a folder hierarchy to separate them. I have a folder for kids movies, a folder for movies my wife and I will watch together and a folder for movies I will watch separately.

Will SMM merge all of these folders together into a single view? or is there a way to keep them separate?

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

You should be able to do both.

In SMW you could merge them all and you could create custom groups to separate them. Knowing plucky, he would make sure that these great features made it into mymovies.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
You should be able to do both.

In SMW you could merge them all and you could create custom groups to separate them. Knowing plucky, he would make sure that these great features made it into mymovies.
Correct. It will be in a different fashion since v7 doesn't have dynamic menus currently. Mymovies also has custom groups you can define already in the management collection tool, but if you already have it in seperate folders you will be covered that way too.