SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

So excited for this. I have 1350 movies on my WHS /MyMovies server just waiting for this plugin.

Are you planning to implement some of the similiar sorting tools (production year, etc..) that mymovies for WMC includes?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
So excited for this. I have 1350 movies on my WHS /MyMovies server just waiting for this plugin.
Where in the world do you store all those DVDs?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Where in the world do you store all those DVDs?
I got almost that many
estata cases is how I do it from the whs machine. You can get pretty could deals on 8bay ones on newegg.

I use these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-071-_-Product

cheers

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 05-31-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post

Are you planning to implement some of the similiar sorting tools (production year, etc..) that mymovies for WMC includes?
Yes but I like to think better

You can sort by lots of things, title,date added,production year,dvd release date, rated and some others.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I got almost that many
estata cases is how I do it from the whs machine. You can get pretty could deals on 8bay ones on newegg.

I use these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-071-_-Product

cheers
I wasn't referring to storing the rips.. obviously, they'd be on harddrives.. I meant the original DVDs... aside from the fact that it's like $17,000 in DVD purchases, it'd take a LOT of space to store them all.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I wasn't referring to storing the rips.. obviously, they'd be on harddrives.. I meant the original DVDs... aside from the fact that it's like $17,000 in DVD purchases, it'd take a LOT of space to store them all.
I keep all my blu rays in a closet displayed in the theater room so we can playback in the ps3 for HD audio until I build a client

all the DVDs are stored in the attic in my plasma tv boxes as they never get used again after being ripped. It is a good thing I have allot of storage in the attic.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I keep all my blu rays in a closet displayed in the theater room so we can playback in the ps3 for HD audio until I build a client

all the DVDs are stored in the attic in my plasma tv boxes as they never get used again after being ripped. It is a good thing I have allot of storage in the attic.
I suppose.. though my attic would rapidly destroy any discs I stored up there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious
Post removed due to suggested illegal actions that violate the forum rules.
Not legally... which was more the point of my post...

Last edited by Opus4; 05-31-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Changed quoted post that was deleted
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not legally... which was more the point of my post...
I put mine in CD envelopes and toss the covers/boxes (sacrilege, I know). But if the MPAA police come, at least I have proof of ownership. My friend does the rip(off). I won't even loan him a movie since I found out.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I put mine in CD envelopes and toss the covers/boxes (sacrilege, I know). But if the MPAA police come, at least I have proof of ownership. My friend does the rip(off). I won't even loan him a movie since I found out.
Techincally ripping either way isn't legal if you get down too it. But I agree I buy my own movies and always have been buying DVDs since they were first released and at allot of $5 or less deals my collection has gotten that big. I haven't had any issues with attic storage though I do keep all the expensive disney movies in the house. It is very easy to get a large collection and I never bought into the whole rent and rip idont back my movie drives up and I would hate to have to rerent every movie I have ripped when a drive fails as to know I just go the attic an get them and re rip.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Blockbusters going out of business sales have been great for me. I have boxes and boxes of movies stored away.

I stored my movies re-encoded to mkv h264/ac3 on Windows Home Server, with the MyMovies collection addon. At between 1-2gb each, the 1350 movies only run about 2.5tb
Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
idont back my movie drives up and I would hate to have to rerent every movie I have ripped when a drive fails
That's what RAID 5 is for.

I've got about 1530 DVD and BlueRay rips. You said it wasn't legal to rip either way, but I always thought you were allowed one backup if you owned the original. That's not the case?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
That's what RAID 5 is for.

I've got about 1530 DVD and BlueRay rips. You said it wasn't legal to rip either way, but I always thought you were allowed one backup if you owned the original. That's not the case?
Without going down the whole 'right or wrong' morality issue, suffice to say that in the US it is legal to make a backup, but illegal to own/use/buy/distribute the tools that are necessary to make said backup. Such is life in the USSA.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPfan View Post
Without going down the whole 'right or wrong' morality issue, suffice to say that in the US it is legal to make a backup, but illegal to own/use/buy/distribute the tools that are necessary to make said backup. Such is life in the USSA.

-PGPfan
Yeah, pretty much this. Using tools to break the encryption is illegal. Copying it is not.

that said, copying rentals is definitely not allowed under the terms of the license overseeing the original media OR the rental agency. Netflix (as well as any other video rental business for the last 25+ years) has a 'no copying allowed' clause in their terms of use agreements - which you acknowledge/sign when opening an account or obtaining a rental card, etc.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Hello,

Just wanted to give a quick update. MyMovies is in private beta and has been since about 6 weeks ago, but the beta group grew once v7 went public. All seems to be going forward at a good pace most of the main core functions are starting to work reliably. I don't have a set date for release yet but will let you know when I do.

Also the coverflow has been redone as of the last beta and seems to be liked figured I would share so this post just isn't boring useless info

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

It is much more fitting with the rest of the views. As you can tell reflections can be turned on or off as well as spaces and size of posters adjusted. Posters can all be brought to the front or pushed up to the middle.

cheers and happy friday.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hello,

Just wanted to give a quick update. MyMovies is in private beta and has been since about 6 weeks ago, but the beta group grew once v7 went public. All seems to be going forward at a good pace most of the main core functions are starting to work reliably. I don't have a set date for release yet but will let you know when I do.

Also the coverflow has been redone as of the last beta and seems to be liked figured I would share so this post just isn't boring useless info

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

It is much more fitting with the rest of the views. As you can tell reflections can be turned on or off as well as spaces and size of posters adjusted. Posters can all be brought to the front or pushed up to the middle.

cheers and happy friday.

Looking great Plucky.. I can't wait to make the move.

How is the performance looking with an HD200? Better, worse or same than SMW was?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Looking great Plucky.. I can't wait to make the move.

How is the performance looking with an HD200? Better, worse or same than SMW was?
I find SMM much better then SMW on the HD200 (but this may also be attributed to switching from SageTV 6 to SageTV 7)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I find SMM much better then SMW on the HD200 (but this may also be attributed to switching from SageTV 6 to SageTV 7)
SHHH........

It is much much faster with the right settings.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

I am looking forward to this when it is ready. I have been using Sage7 on several test boxes and although I like it the only way to find anything is with the folder view. I find I am missing the pretty look of MovieWall but navigation is the most important feature.

In skimming the post it looks like you may not be using the central Fan Art folder. Will My Movies use the Fan Art and metadata from the actual folder the movie is in.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I am looking forward to this when it is ready. I have been using Sage7 on several test boxes and although I like it the only way to find anything is with the folder view. I find I am missing the pretty look of MovieWall but navigation is the most important feature.

In skimming the post it looks like you may not be using the central Fan Art folder. Will My Movies use the Fan Art and metadata from the actual folder the movie is in.
Yes, you can set it all up with Collection Management, you don't have to wait for SMM to be released. The metadata is mymovies.xml. If I recall correctly I think backdrop.jpg is the backdrop and mymovies-front.jpg is the cover (also can use cover.jpg as well)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Yes, you can set it all up with Collection Management, you don't have to wait for SMM to be released. The metadata is mymovies.xml. If I recall correctly I think backdrop.jpg is the backdrop and mymovies-front.jpg is the cover (also can use cover.jpg as well)
Actually the mymovies.xml is just a backup. The info I get is stored in the SQL database of mymovies.

But yes mymovies cm is required to use this addin