SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That's why i was hoping it would work with the android app... would be nice to be able to just take my phone to the media rack, and start working row by row...
Yeah but then it is harder to hold your beer rather than just sitting at the computer...
Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yeah but then it is harder to hold your beer rather than just sitting at the computer...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

You are a planner I like that
Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know I probably shouldn't ask this but...

got an ETA on when we can test this?

(hoping I didn't miss the big "test here" link)

I'm sure this is a huge effort so "it's done when it's done". However, I'm holding off on implementing v7 until I can use this and then I plan on doing a clean build with it. The functionality you're talking about is huge and will play a big role in the usability of the system.

Keep up the hard work and know that there are many of us that greatly appreciate what you're doing!

Win7 VM -4gb ram
Ubuntu 14.04 VM -4gb ram (attempting with OS v9)
3 extenders through the house
Plex integration
HDHR
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky, QQ.

Currently looking at my movies, all metadata has been generated by BMT. Is there anything i need to do other than get them categorized in Collection Management as far as metadata or images? Any cleanup of old images i should consider?

~Brian
Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBass View Post
I
I'm sure this is a huge effort so "it's done when it's done".
You answered your own question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Plucky, QQ.

Currently looking at my movies, all metadata has been generated by BMT. Is there anything i need to do other than get them categorized in Collection Management as far as metadata or images? Any cleanup of old images i should consider?

~Brian
Brian,

That is up to you. You can still use BMT without interference with mymovies. As well as you may want to keep that metadata fanart for other plugins that people make that work with that.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

As a longtime user of DVD Profiler...

I am loving this!

I am soo happy with the completeness (a word?) of the database and the ease of fixing and contributing.

I have alrdy added 3 new titles and raised all my titles up to 95% or higher.

I also noticed it does something to the files that makes metadata available for sagetv already because before I started using it I had NO cover art for anything in v7, but now I do!

Just have to wait for PLUCKYHD to do do the voodoo the he does does so well!!

GO PLUCKY!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
As a longtime user of DVD Profiler...

I am loving this!

I am soo happy with the completeness (a word?) of the database and the ease of fixing and contributing.

I have alrdy added 3 new titles and raised all my titles up to 95% or higher.

I also noticed it does something to the files that makes metadata available for sagetv already because before I started using it I had NO cover art for anything in v7, but now I do!

Just have to wait for PLUCKYHD to do do the voodoo the he does does so well!!

GO PLUCKY!!!!
It writes folder jpegs which sage reconizes by default. Also if you set it to output property files (recomended) you will get the info as well on the onscreen display and such.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC

Plucky are you testing SageMM for functionality with SageMC on version 7? I just updated my test system to version 7 and dynamic menus are functional.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post
Plucky are you testing SageMM for functionality with SageMC on version 7? I just updated my test system to version 7 and dynamic menus are functional.
It is possible but you will to choice either sagemc animation or mm animation system as both cannot be active at the same time, but I would need to release a separate version for it.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would want the SageMM animation system. I just need the dynamic menu support to filter kids movies(SD) from adults movies(HD).
Old 06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I would want the SageMM animation system. I just need the dynamic menu support to filter kids movies(SD) from adults movies(HD).
Actually you can seperate those in mymovies with filters.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

So I downloaded MyMovies and noticed that it is completely focused on DVDs. I have movies from Rips of my own DVDs and from recording off the movie channels.

When I rip my DVDs, I rip them to a single file and stuff them all into one of a couple folders. When I record movies, if I am running out of space, I compress them and stuff them in the same folder with the DVD rips.

With MyMovies I know that I can search by title and I did that for a few movies. Is your plugin going to do the title search automatically? Or is the plugin expecting us to populate the MyMovies database manually and then the plugin just uses the data that is there?

Thanks
Greg
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
So I downloaded MyMovies and noticed that it is completely focused on DVDs. I have movies from Rips of my own DVDs and from recording off the movie channels.

When I rip my DVDs, I rip them to a single file and stuff them all into one of a couple folders. When I record movies, if I am running out of space, I compress them and stuff them in the same folder with the DVD rips.

With MyMovies I know that I can search by title and I did that for a few movies. Is your plugin going to do the title search automatically? Or is the plugin expecting us to populate the MyMovies database manually and then the plugin just uses the data that is there?

Thanks
Greg
MyMovies expects each movie to be in its own folder. The SMM plugin just uses the data that is in the MyMovies database. MyMovies should recognize and attempt to correctly assign data to all your movies, and then you can go in and manually fix.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post

Thanks
Greg
First mymovies is movie oriented but not dvd oriented. It takes doesn't care what format the movie is in. Your problem lies in that each movie must be in it's own folder named after the movie. It will not work with several movies in one folder as it will see those all as one movie. If you look back I posted on a tool that will move the movies out into their own folders automatically. But the filenames must correspond to the movie names. After you have the movies in their own folders a simple import folder contents will cause my movie to search for the movie name automatically based off the folder name it is not manual.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Actually you can seperate those in mymovies with filters.
I am confused as to how that is going to work in Sage. Will you have a sub-menu that allows me to choose a pre-defined filter in Sage (I choose videos from main menu, then in sub-menu I choose kids filter or adult filter?) If so would the adult filter be able to have a password on it?

OK I went back and looked at the videos for clues. I see there is a filter sub-menu option. I need the filter to be applied at the top-line so that only kid movies are visible from within Mymovies when the kids go in and adult movies are password protected.

Last edited by stlbearboy; 06-08-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am confused as to how that is going to work in Sage. Will you have a sub-menu that allows me to choose a pre-defined filter in Sage (I choose videos from main menu, then in sub-menu I choose kids filter or adult filter?) If so would the adult filter be able to have a password on it?

OK I went back and looked at the videos for clues. I see there is a filter sub-menu option. I need the filter to be applied at the top-line so that only kid movies are visible from within Mymovies when the kids go in and adult movies are password protected.
MyMovies does have the ability to password protect "adult" movies of your choice as well as hide them from the interface....That being said I haven't fully automated that into my port yet
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey guys decided to share this choice with everyone redoing the groups view and tiding things up a bit and not sure which direction to go so figured I would ask preferences.

Firstly this is the groups views groups can be one of the following
1. Genres
2. MyMovies Filters
3. Folders
4. MyMovies Groups

You will get a list of all the movies when one is selected but they are sorted by dated added so it will show your newest movies first (I may limit this 2 newest 10 but also figure why not just have them all).

Option 1

currentGrouping Select and group fanart shown

Movie selected from group and movie fanart shown

Option 2

currentGrouping Select and group fanart shown

Movie selected from group and movie fanart shown

which one that is the question of course you can turn of showing the recent and go to a horizontal menu like the old screencaps but who wouldn't want this information right there .

cheers

ps is this thing released yet???

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 06-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Looking good Your grouping options made me wonder if you are going to have a grouping for "online" vs "offline" movies or whatever you call it when you have a DVD ripped to your hard drive (online) vs a DVD on the shelf (offline).

I think you mentioned before that this is able to be categorized in the Collection Manager but don't recall seeing any screenshots or anything that would allow the user to only show, for example, movies ripped to the computer.

Thanks! Pretty excited about all this. My buddy is a long time Tivo user and I can't wait to blow his mind with Sage7 and this plugin
Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Looking good Your grouping options made me wonder if you are going to have a grouping for "online" vs "offline" movies or whatever you call it when you have a DVD ripped to your hard drive (online) vs a DVD on the shelf (offline).

I think you mentioned before that this is able to be categorized in the Collection Manager but don't recall seeing any screenshots or anything that would allow the user to only show, for example, movies ripped to the computer.

Thanks! Pretty excited about all this. My buddy is a long time Tivo user and I can't wait to blow his mind with Sage7 and this plugin
You can include offline/online filters in any view.

Plus there are icons you can turn on to show which is which.

If you want to use this view specifically you can create a filter for online and a filter for offline in the mymovies collection manager.