SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Love the set DVD watched,thats a feature that's been sorely lacking IMHO!

I can only hope that the torrent of teaser screens portends an imminent release
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Love the set DVD watched,thats a feature that's been sorely lacking IMHO!

I can only hope that the torrent of teaser screens portends an imminent release
In sage's defense they have a valid reason for not doing it.

But yes has always bugged me as well.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Did someone say they wanted a way to mark dvd's as watched???

It isn't automatic but good enough any time you stop or playback is finished of a movie/video you started from within mymovies interface you get the following prompt
That's going to be great! And, I'll just bet we'll have a way to view only one or the other or both, eh? It is always a pain out of a large collection to figure out what you've already seen and haven't (bought some large lots so haven't seen everything yet) when just browsing. But, doesn't sound like this will be an issue any longer. NICE!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

getting more and more amped for this.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

These may be dumb questions but I want to be ready for this when it comes out. I ran Sage7 on WHS and use with HD200 extenders.

What My Movies software do I need? I think I read in this thread that I would need Collection Manager software. The My Movies page shows a WHS verison but I don't think it includes Collection Manager. Would I just install the server 2003 software verison of Collection Manager on WHS?

Here is a qoute from My Movies web page;
"My Movies for Windows Home Server operates as database back-end for My Movies clients in multi-zone environments. My Movies for Windows Home Server 1.51 Build 2 operates as back-end server for My Movies 3.13 and My Movies 3.14.

The My Movies for Windows Media Center or My Movies Collection Management products can be downloaded and installed on client PC's to maintain movies in the database on My Movies for Windows Home Sever."

I would like to do this right without trashing my system too much. Any help is appricated.

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 06-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB View Post
These may be dumb questions but I want to be ready for this when it comes out. I ran Sage7 on WHS and use with HD200 extenders.

What My Movies software do I need? I think I read in this thread that I would need Collection Manager software. The My Movies page shows a WHS verison but I don't think it includes Collection Manager. Would I just install the server 2003 software verison of Collection Manager on WHS?

Here is a qoute from My Movies web page;
"My Movies for Windows Home Server operates as database back-end for My Movies clients in multi-zone environments. My Movies for Windows Home Server 1.51 Build 2 operates as back-end server for My Movies 3.13 and My Movies 3.14.

The My Movies for Windows Media Center or My Movies Collection Management products can be downloaded and installed on client PC's to maintain movies in the database on My Movies for Windows Home Sever."

I would like to do this right without trashing my system too much. Any help is appricated.

Thanks
DRB
Download the WHS version for your server and the MyMovies Collection Management for your PC

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

to be more specific, download the whs version. it stores the database. However, the collection management must be installed on a client pc, in client mode.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Download the WHS version for your server and the MyMovies Collection Management for your PC
Today 01:07 AM
Thank You, Will Do. Sage is installed on WHS, does CM need to be installed on a computer always running for sage to access the info? Or is it just to manage the WHS files to my liking? I currently run BMT, thes won't create issuses or problems.

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
to be more specific, download the whs version. it stores the database. However, the collection management must be installed on a client pc, in client mode.
This would not need to be a sage client? I running HD200's, no client. Will this still work?

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB View Post
This would not need to be a sage client? I running HD200's, no client. Will this still work?

DRB
BMT won't have any issues or interference. You do need to install the whs version but also the collection manager as a client on another pc so you can easily edit your data. The whs version will feed the hd200's and you do not have to run sagetv client on the other computer.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

is there any constraint on your plugin based on the points status of mymovies?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
is there any constraint on your plugin based on the points status of mymovies?
I don't have any control over the points requirements as I am not a member of the mymovies team. Their requirements remain in tact with my api access. I don't have a clear understanding of what points are needed for what I know points are required for autodownload of the following

1. Backgrounds
2. Posters

No that being said I don't know what those point values are I believe they backgrounds go up based on resolution wanted.

But the better part of mymovies is completely free (ie metadata and covers).

As well as you will be able to fall back on phoenix backgrounds or add your own in the movie folders.

I am trying to make it as simple as possible to do what you chose. It really isn't too hard to rake up points by contributing missing movie data and I highly recomend that as it is a free route and the more people contribute the better the database gets as it is what it is today because of the many many users that have contributed over the years.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the info. Another quick question, in the screenshots are the categories on the left "categories", "genres", or filters.

Thanks. Just trying to get my DB all cleaned up and ready.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Thanks for the info. Another quick question, in the screenshots are the categories on the left "categories", "genres", or filters.

Thanks. Just trying to get my DB all cleaned up and ready.
In the screenshot they are categories. But the same view works for categories, genres, filters or folders.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No that being said I don't know what those point values are I believe they backgrounds go up based on resolution wanted.
http://www.mymovies.dk/documentation...?Page=Features Requiring Points

Online Backdrops 720P (500 points)

When browsing your collection, and viewing movie details, My Movies displays backdrops, also known as fan-art automatically downloaded for your movies from our online service. This option allows you to get backdrops included within the program in 720P resolution.

Online Backdrops 1080P (1000 points)

Increasing the quality of downloaded and displayed backdrops to 1080P gives you even better quality of the backdrops displayed on screen.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, So a quick question Plucky. I have everything setup and ready to go. As I posted earlier I have started getting contribution points but, do I need to start buying some as well to make the experience palpable when you release it? And if so, how long do I have before I need this to be done?

Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
Ok, So a quick question Plucky. I have everything setup and ready to go. As I posted earlier I have started getting contribution points but, do I need to start buying some as well to make the experience palpable when you release it? And if so, how long do I have before I need this to be done?

Thanks!!
Good try I am not going to set a release date just yet so at this time I would just keep contributing your points can get up there pretty fast so you might not need to purchase any points at the time I release it. If you do then you can decide at that time as the points are instant and so will the effect be of having or not having the points for backdrops/posters.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dang, and i sooo thought that would work. But you answered the real question. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Big Thanks to BabGVant for all the support and write up.

MyMoviesComingSoon

The biggest thing in there for you guys is probably the tentative public beta date
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

love it. i really do hope it is that fast. my WHS is dying to give this a spin
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders