SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Big Thanks to BabGVant for all the support and write up.

MyMoviesComingSoon

The biggest thing in there for you guys is probably the tentative public beta date
Can't wait. I just about have all my movies ripped and am moving my MM data over to my WHS soon as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
love it. i really do hope it is that fast. my WHS is dying to give this a spin
Just to clarify that video was taken from a Client PC and it is that fast if you pc is capable. This was on a dual core with 2gb ram and a old 6500gt video card so nothing fancy really and pretty dated.

As for extenders it is much improved and faster than SMW ever dreamed of being but don't expect that fast on extenders as they just can't keep the cache a pc can and that is the biggest limiting factor, but it is still very usable and very fast in my humble opinion

And the Date is set for End Of July for first public beta and I am pressing myself hard to keep that date if anything changes I will let you know.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Absolutely awesome. 4 weeks will be worth the wait, unless of course that private beta opens a spot or two back up
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

How dependent will this actually be on the MyMovies database? Will it only pull metadata/videos from the MyMovies database (ie: if I do not have anything in Collection Manager will anything show up)? I assuming that it will use fanart via phoenix api (ie: my current posters / backgrounds will be used)? What about back covers? What about Actors? Is this going to be able to group movies with "Actor A" (functionally I miss - If Im in a Sandler mood, I could look for all movies I had with that actor)? I am really looking forward to this as I miss the dynamic view functionally MyMovies brought to WMC

Due to WAF, no SMW in 7 is the only reason I havent made the change on my production box.

I want to go back to making my video drives read-only. If this reads the MyMovies database for metadata/videos, It should be able to do this (I know in the my old days of MCE2005 and VMC, this was possible and worked great)......

End of July... Hopefully Ill have my new Sage box up and running by then. Leave the old box in production while I get 7 tweaked and running good - gives me plenty of time to beta test...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
How dependent will this actually be on the MyMovies database? Will it only pull metadata/videos from the MyMovies database (ie: if I do not have anything in Collection Manager will anything show up)? I assuming that it will use fanart via phoenix api (ie: my current posters / backgrounds will be used)? What about back covers? What about Actors? Is this going to be able to group movies with "Actor A" (functionally I miss - If Im in a Sandler mood, I could look for all movies I had with that actor)? I am really looking forward to this as I miss the dynamic view functionally MyMovies brought to WMC

Due to WAF, no SMW in 7 is the only reason I havent made the change on my production box.

I want to go back to making my video drives read-only. If this reads the MyMovies database for metadata/videos, It should be able to do this (I know in the my old days of MCE2005 and VMC, this was possible and worked great)......

End of July... Hopefully Ill have my new Sage box up and running by then. Leave the old box in production while I get 7 tweaked and running good - gives me plenty of time to beta test...
Each movie must be in the MyMovies database (so must be part of Collection Management). SMM will use the mymovies fanart/cover/metadata and not use any metadata/art created by the Phoenix API. As far as actors you can group/sort by Actor A without issue. The functionality of SMM is very similar to that of MyMovies in WMC from the testing I have done so far

Correct me if I am wrong Plucky

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Each movie must be in the MyMovies database (so must be part of Collection Management). SMM will use the mymovies fanart/cover/metadata and not use any metadata/art created by the Phoenix API. As far as actors you can group/sort by Actor A without issue. The functionality of SMM is very similar to that of MyMovies in WMC from the testing I have done so far

Correct me if I am wrong Plucky
You are partially right

If you don't see anything in the collection manager nothing will show up at current is correct. However it will default to phoenix api for backgrounds if you don't have the points in mymovies to get the backgrounds. The covers and metadata are 100% free without contributing anything so there is no reason not to use it if you are a windows user. The only downside is if you are using box sets or offline movies you won't be able to use phoenix backgrounds for those titles as phoenix requires a actual media file for phoenix where as mymovies does not.

For linux users out there there will be an abstract method to use sage metadata, phoenix metadata and ortus metadata eventually. These will come with some caveats as allot of the mymovies features will be disabled because none of those metadata supports the features that are my movies exclusive (ie offline titles, box sets, filters, groups, trailers etc). Also this will not be in the initial release and will take time for me to get this methods implemented fully. Right now my full attention is getting mymovies metadata working correctly.

cheers
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
love it. i really do hope it is that fast. my WHS is dying to give this a spin
+1 you da man

Sage Beta 7;HD-300;Windows 7 64-bit;HP EX495 server with 7tb;Ceton 4-tuner cable card.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Will SMM act weird if all the media was read-only??
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
Will SMM act weird if all the media was read-only??
If what is read only? If it is extenders or clients it SHOULD be okay, but on the server where the mymovies server is installed it will need read/write access to write the fanart to the folders the movie is in as well as the meta data.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage User

The speed is absolutely amazing. That will GREATLY approve the WAF. Can't wait for this!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If what is read only? If it is extenders or clients it SHOULD be okay, but on the server where the mymovies server is installed it will need read/write access to write the fanart to the folders the movie is in as well as the meta data.
I think what you means is the user that runs the my movies server needs write access to the movie folders... the sage user does not.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2010, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I think what you means is the user that runs the my movies server needs write access to the movie folders... the sage user does not.
Actually the service name and password will need read write access as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Actually the service name and password will need read write access as well.
i stand corrected
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

This looks AWESOME plucky!!! love your SMW, and can't wait to start using this.

kind of off topic, but its killing me and i have to ask.

What Nintendo game music is playing in the background of the video demo of Sage Movie Wall?

:-D

Thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

HA!!! i got it

its GOONIES@!!!!! YES awesome!

Sorry to make a pointless post :-)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
HA!!! i got it

its GOONIES@!!!!! YES awesome!

Sorry to make a pointless post :-)
You have to be a eighties kid to appreciate it.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Pluky

I noticed the sort by menu in the video. I couldn't quite read the items on the menu. Is there a sort by running time? If so, my wife will love it. She always wants to pick movies by how tired she is.

It looks great!
Greg
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Hi Pluky

I noticed the sort by menu in the video. I couldn't quite read the items on the menu. Is there a sort by running time? If so, my wife will love it. She always wants to pick movies by how tired she is.

It looks great!
Greg
Yes somewhere back a couple of pages is listed the different sort options and yes runtime is one of them.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

I for one was most impressed the rad and gleaming the cube were in the video. I must have 5 or 6 dvd versions of Rad (and one HD i think ). Best Movie Ever.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Funny.. i also noticed RAD in there... awesome.. err. i mean.. RAD....

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room