SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think that if you did go with info2 it could benefit from the cleaner lines in the first proposal.

In answer to the question of why have backdrops if they'll be covered by the info, well. . . Because they're backdrops.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1 for Info2. Thanks!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Info2
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

info2

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 07-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Guys going to ask the group which direction you prefer. Working on a info this is just very early and haven't added any logs or anything of the sort yet which one do you prefer? info or info2?

Like I said still early so don't be to judgmental of the info on there just more of a reference. I am leaning towards 2 because you get more of the fanart.
I like Info2.

You should make sure the view works for mp4s and not just quicktime

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I like Info2.

You should make sure the view works for mp4s and not just quicktime
Shove it!!

Yes I forgot to include mp4 support on the first go around of trailers.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Sage User

+1 For info2
Old 07-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

another Info2

Not to keep asking leading questions, but, ill ask anyway.

What role if any do you see for support for DVD/Ripped TV Series in your code. I know that mymovies still does not have offical support for this yet, but it accounts for 1/2 of 5tb of disk space and would be really cool to have presented in your amazing interface (sucking up part)

cheers
d

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
What role if any do you see for support for DVD/Ripped TV Series in your code. I know that mymovies still does not have offical support for this yet, but it accounts for 1/2 of 5tb of disk space and would be really cool to have presented in your amazing interface (sucking up part)

cheers
d
Actually MyMovies does have allot of DVD TV series in the database but those are based of actually ripping the entire disc and not individual epiodes and then adding each disc under the main disc. IE if you have season one of a show and it has 4 dvd's you would download the season one from mymovies and add every disc to it.

As for individual episode support MyMovies is adding that I don't know their time frame. If it takes to long I hope ortus or phoenix will be out to fill that gap. When MyMovies does support it I will as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT is awesome for tv shows, but my movies is a step beyond what bmt does. I was using bmt for movies before my movies, and now that I've gotten to know the software I like it more. You have to keep in mind that bmt and my movies aren't the same thing. They serve the same purpose, but do it in a completely different way. My movies is literally a database on a specifc server which is controlled. BMT relies on outside sources that can be troublesome.

I think the reason my movies is a great idea is for the same reasons stated earlier. Cross platform support. New users won't have to learn new software. Now if plucky can make smm support phoenix fanart backgrounds then this could be a completely free addin.

Plus, mymovies supports automated ripping, trailers playing before movies, eternal players depending on file type. Something bmt doesn't have.

Like I said. Not the same.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this a requested Info view, meaning something like pressing info with the movie selected, or is it passive, meaning it just shows up as you are browsing through. If it is requested, I'd say info(1), simply because if you are requesting info, it should be brought to center stage. If, instead, it is a passive info pane as you are scrolling through titles, then info2 is better, as it would leave more room for the scrolling, which is really what you are focused on at that time.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

A quick question about the Collection Manager, since your on the subject of box sets.

Example:

Spongebob Season 3.

I have the main profile for the box set, and all the disks added to that main one.

Currently, the cover art IS showing up in sageTV 7 default list, but all 3 disks show the same coverart (the Outside box image)

Will MM display it differenlty? Like you select the box set and then once inside that it shows the images of the disk covers themselves (i.e. disk 1 disk 2 disk 3)

Cause I didnt see any different art for individual disks of a box set in CM

Feel free to slap me if I am being stupid. I just might need it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Shove it!!
And to think, not only did I take you to Sizzler but I even let you get the Sundae Bar!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree with Fuzzy, info should be more prominent in the Info view
Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Guys going to ask the group which direction you prefer. Working on a info this is just very early and haven't added any logs or anything of the sort yet which one do you prefer? info or info2?

Like I said still early so don't be to judgmental of the info on there just more of a reference. I am leaning towards 2 because you get more of the fanart.
+1 for info2

Been watching this thread since its inception - fantastic stuff Plucky
Old 07-15-2010, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Is this a requested Info view, meaning something like pressing info with the movie selected, or is it passive, meaning it just shows up as you are browsing through. If it is requested, I'd say info(1), simply because if you are requesting info, it should be brought to center stage. If, instead, it is a passive info pane as you are scrolling through titles, then info2 is better, as it would leave more room for the scrolling, which is really what you are focused on at that time.
Well it can be either or. It can be on demand by hitting info or it can be automatic after a set time static on a movie depending on your setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
A quick question about the Collection Manager, since your on the subject of box sets.

Example:

Spongebob Season 3.

I have the main profile for the box set, and all the disks added to that main one.

Currently, the cover art IS showing up in sageTV 7 default list, but all 3 disks show the same coverart (the Outside box image)

Will MM display it differenlty? Like you select the box set and then once inside that it shows the images of the disk covers themselves (i.e. disk 1 disk 2 disk 3)

Cause I didnt see any different art for individual disks of a box set in CM

Feel free to slap me if I am being stupid. I just might need it.
Well is it a box set or did you setup multiple disc (two different things)

Quote:
And to think, not only did I take you to Sizzler but I even let you get the Sundae Bar!!!
No you didn't you said I was to fat and didn't deserve any.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well is it a box set or did you setup multiple disc (two different things)
I put the first disk in and it recognized it as the season 3 set..

did this with the other 2 and it recognized them as the same and if you click the DISK button, all 3 are located in there.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here are a few different info views from Media Browser. I generally prefer the second view for full details or the thrid view if I want to see more fanart

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/810/infogz.jpg

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8633/info1c.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9766/info2e.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/944/info3cb.jpg

Last edited by Opus4; 07-15-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: images too wide to post inline; changed to links
Old 07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
I put the first disk in and it recognized it as the season 3 set..

did this with the other 2 and it recognized them as the same and if you click the DISK button, all 3 are located in there.
Okay that is multi disc. We were just discussing that in the private forums as I hadn't added support to it yet. It is not a huge undertaking as really what I want it to do is if you click on a movie that has multi disc it will show you a list of the disc with the disc names and you can play one or play them all. Sound fair enough? I will try and make it in the first or second build.

I box set works differently in it actually drills down to different fanart and covers (more for like LOTR all 3 versions and such)
Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here are a few different info views from Media Browser. I generally prefer the second view for full details or the thrid view if I want to see more fanart
call me crazy but I like the second and am really like the last one thanks for the inspiration.