SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I had no idea when I first started this project it would take almost 9 months of coding to get to a first release.
I can't tell you how many times I've said this... LoL - but it's so worth it in the end
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well just wanted to say thanks for being so patient I had no idea when I first started this project it would take almost 9 months of coding to get to a first release. So thanks for the patience.
The only good part about the wait is that it has given me time to get my collection ripped and in order lol. This is definitely going to be a must have for Sage users.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well just wanted to say thanks for being so patient I had no idea when I first started this project it would take almost 9 months of coding to get to a first release. So thanks for the patience.
Thank GOD you didnt leave out the "of coding" in the sentence above.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
as long as everything goes smoothly and I plan on it. Then yes still on track.
Just wanted to pipe in here, and say that I'm one of those squirming on the sidelines, too. Been following this thread and cheering for you the whole time, and can't wait for this to be released. Contrary to this thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The easiest way to upgrade is to upgrade the bmtweb plugin. That should force an upgrade of bmt, phoenix-core and phoenix-api.

* Added MyMovies support (for Gerry) (I didn't think anyone used this)
we are using MyMovies, what you are doing is what we've been dreaming that Sage could be for a long time. Thanks for your tireless work on this, and we can't wait for next week!
DVD: Clearplay 747HD - filters out the filth I don't want to hear/see; works great with the HD-PVR to archive cleaned-up movies that our whole family can enjoy.

Last edited by Wified; 07-25-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

Is there going to be a countdown Page???
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Moving Files Into Their Own Folder

The Wiki mentions a tool for moving files into their own folder. I probably should have, but did not try this tool. Instead, I wrote a very simple, quick program in Delphi that does the job (at least for me, it did). I had a good number of mkvs and mp4s, all in one folder with the various support files as in the following example.

10 Things I hate About You.jpg
10 Things I hate About You.mkv
10 Things I hate About You.mkv.properties
10 Things I hate About You_background.jpg

The attached program has very limited features, but is available for any who want to give it a go. It has controls to select your import directory, a "Preview" button to get a read-out of what it will do before committing, a "Move files" to automatically create new subdirectories (if needed) and move files into them and a "Save .ini" button to create an initialization file with the name of the import directory in it. For the above example files, a subdirectory named "10 Things I hate About You" is created and the four files are moved into it. The preview will indicate if the subdirectory already exists for some reason. If it does already exist, it would probably be a good idea to check it first before committing to "Move files".

My purpose in developing this program was so that I could continue moving a number of movies at a time into my import directory without having to first put them in a folder. This will do that job very easily.

As always, use with caution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MoveFiles.zip (192.0 KB, 170 views)
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhorer View Post
My purpose in developing this program was so that I could continue moving a number of movies at a time into my import directory without having to first put them in a folder. This will do that job very easily.

As always, use with caution.
Thanks for sharing this mind if I post it up on the wiki?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not at all. I just hope it works the same way for others as it does for me. BTW, like everyone else, I'm looking forward to SMM release and appreciate all the work you have done. As the wife slowly scrolls through the video list (V7.0.12) and complains about not having the lettering to hasten things, I tell her to just wait; things will improve dramatically very soon!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

The speed is amazing, just for some specs:

amd 2.7 dual 4gb ram. Mymovies with 1350 movies in it. I can almost scan glitch free through the files. Alpha browsing (type D, etc..) to go right to D's is nearly instantaneous, and there is a sort group option that puts a space between each letter than just works perfectly.

I did turn off the fanart backgrounds temporarily b/c the wife said they were annoying (GRRRRRRRRRRR!) but i think somehow they will get turned back on.

I can Press to the right, (with three rows of thumbnails) and get through all 1350 movies in just a few seconds.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Update:

Just wanted to updating everyone I am pushing myself really hard to make the friday release. I hit some pretty big obstacles yesterday and today that I didn't expect on the info view. I hope to get a private beta out tomorrow and if all goes well still release friday...However if I cannot get a private beta out tomorrow I am afraid I will have to delay the release to next week. I hope this isn't the case but just wanted to be honest and keep everyone in the loop. I may end up disabling the info view for initial lunch and just releasing without it.

cheers and thanks for the support.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Am I supposed to be upset?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Am I supposed to be upset?
obviously

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

pardon me while i cry.

and to plucky, we've waited so long that whatever time you need is obviously going to be okay. thanks for all your hard work. the wait is worth it!
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I am pissed as hell this plucky guy sucks!!!

In all seriousness I was able to get a build out today to the testers if all goes well friday is still looking good. It may be without a info view but everything else should be good to go.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Please watch what you say; the forum rules don't allow picking on whoever this 'plucky guy' is you are referring to.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

In all seriousness I was able to get a build out today to the testers if all goes well friday is still looking good. It may be without a info view but everything else should be good to go.
Pardon my French, but... @#$% Yeah baby!!!

Quote:
Please watch what you say; the forum rules don't allow picking on whoever this 'plucky guy' is you are referring to.

- Andy

HAHAHAHA
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

- Andy
Darn my third person talk got me in trouble again.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Plucky. . . You need to clear some of your PMs. You're clearly way too popular around here
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
Hey Plucky. . . You need to clear some of your PMs. You're clearly way too popular around here
Sorry about that they are clear
Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky,
Really looking forward to this. Now, that we are approaching the fateful day of July 30th, I am starting to really did into the My Movies Collection manager.

After looking for a bit, I have two questions.

(1) Will this plugin support the "Play Movie" feature of My Movies Collection manager?
(2) This is more of a My Movies Collection Question.
Quote:
The copy disc feature allows you to copy DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray titles* to your computer or network storage directly within Windows Media Center to either an image file or a folder structure.
Does that work if you are running on XP - or does it require WMC for some reason?