SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Add another vote from #2. I prefer a clean interface with the title information separate from the graphics.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

LOL, no never a real BMXer. Someone gave me a Diamondback as a kid and I thought I was. I did have friends who were part of the racing association and I used to go watch them race, but my various broken bones made me realize early that I lacked the "skillz" that they had.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Sage User

I vote for the first one, I think spicing it up a bit instead having a separate title area adds to the "flashiness"
Old 01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've got to go with wall-2, it's much less cluttered looking. Great job so far, I've toyed with MM in the past and I think this will finally move me into the 'flock'.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAF View Post
I vote for the first one, I think spicing it up a bit instead having a separate title area adds to the "flashiness"
One guys with me yeah
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think #1 would also be good. If someone wanted more "flashiness" they would use that view and if they wanted more info they could use list view.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
One guys with me yeah
I vote for #1. In the latest smw version my wife seemed to like seperation between the covers like when you are choosing your custom tags. #1 is close to this.

My ideal wall view would be similar to this pic. Wall View. That view with the title placed like you did in #1 and I'd be happy. Maybe throw in the sound and video type icons, and the star rating.

Although, this screenshot is VERY nice as well. I'd still like to add the icons like I said previously. This one is similar to #2 I guess.

EDIT: Ok. Sorry to be annoying, but here is a screen shot of my wall now. I like the info at the botton the way it is, but I like the second screenshot I posted the way there is a background image. It would be nice to do away with the haze around the wall and just show the background between the covers. The same info in my screenshot overlaying the background displayed behind the wall would be awesome. Especially if the background changed with the movie.

Ok, I'm done.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 01-14-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I vote for #1. In the latest smw version my wife seemed to like seperation between the covers like when you are choosing your custom tags. #1 is close to this.

My ideal wall view would be similar to this pic. Wall View. That view with the title placed like you did in #1 and I'd be happy. Maybe throw in the sound and video type icons, and the star rating.

Although, this screenshot is VERY nice as well. I'd still like to add the icons like I said previously. This one is similar to #2 I guess.

EDIT: Ok. Sorry to be annoying, but here is a screen shot of my wall now. I like the info at the botton the way it is, but I like the second screenshot I posted the way there is a background image. It would be nice to do away with the haze around the wall and just show the background between the covers. The same info in my screenshot overlaying the background displayed behind the wall would be awesome. Especially if the background changed with the movie.

Ok, I'm done.
Thanks for the suggestions those are all good ones.

You are the second to say you like this Even though that was just a function test view and never meant to be one

The problem with showing the background on a wall view (moviebg) is it really does become busy and if the wall takes up the entire screen and has small gaps you really don't see enough of the fanart to benefit. Hence the middle has view.

I will keep playing a appreciate all the suggestions everyone is giving. Will post some more/new shots when ready.

Ps the current SMW you have thisone I will probably bring back some icons (different ones) in the wall view but not presented in this way it is too messy for my current taste
Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay another one for the group

Ignore the time and info on the bottom that is still being adjusted

example3

I also have some options going in to hopefully kind of "please most".

Basically this wall will be more hardcoded meaning columns/rows won't be adustable what you will have is 3 different options for the "look" you want

one being mid-size wall which is the screen shot above
another being "small-wall" which will have the same look as above but with less covers/rows so they will be larger for smaller tvs
the other being "full-Wall" which will be like screenshot 1 where the wall is the entire screen and the information will be overlayed.

cheers

pluckyhd
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

forgot to add I am using this customized user made covers in the screenshot
So if you don't like it don't worry about it you will have your option to chose whatever "coverstyle" you want.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the "Wall" views, but that last one really struck my interest. Maybe it is the uncluttered look and the movie that is selected is focused and enlarged quite a bit. Either way, good job!

One question, I really like those user made custom covers and was just wondering how it would know the difference between BD, DVD, and HD-DVD?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the "Wall" views, but that last one really struck my interest. Maybe it is the uncluttered look and the movie that is selected is focused and enlarged quite a bit. Either way, good job!

One question, I really like those user made custom covers and was just wondering how it would know the difference between BD, DVD, and HD-DVD?
Within the MyMovies collection manager you can set what "type" it is be it dvd/blu ray whatever.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Okay another one for the group

Ignore the time and info on the bottom that is still being adjusted

example3

I also have some options going in to hopefully kind of "please most".

Basically this wall will be more hardcoded meaning columns/rows won't be adustable what you will have is 3 different options for the "look" you want

one being mid-size wall which is the screen shot above
another being "small-wall" which will have the same look as above but with less covers/rows so they will be larger for smaller tvs
the other being "full-Wall" which will be like screenshot 1 where the wall is the entire screen and the information will be overlayed.

cheers

pluckyhd
Love the cutomized cover. Very clever way of adding important info without cluttering the screen up. I think wall2 is still my favorite (for the previously stated reasons) but if you included the options to pick between all of them, you might occasionally see my setup with wall3. As xxLJLxx pointed out, I like the uncluttered view, and with the fanart in the background, the spacing between the covers seems to work, don't know if I'd want it there otherwize. Personally, I would darken the background a little more if possible (it looks like you've darkened/shaded it some but not sure) so that the busier fanarts don't distract too much(make it look like you're almost just hinting at what it could be, but it's a close second for me as-is.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Love the cutomized cover. Very clever way of adding important info without cluttering the screen up. I think wall2 is still my favorite (for the previously stated reasons) but if you included the options to pick between all of them, you might occasionally see my setup with wall3. As xxLJLxx pointed out, I like the uncluttered view, and with the fanart in the background, the spacing between the covers seems to work, don't know if I'd want it there otherwize. Personally, I would darken the background a little more if possible (it looks like you've darkened/shaded it some but not sure) so that the busier fanarts don't distract too much(make it look like you're almost just hinting at what it could be, but it's a close second for me as-is.
The background/fanart is darkend-transparent and the amount is will be customizable as everyone's screen darekness always verys.

As well as the spaces between the movies can be turned on/off as well as the fanartbg can be turned on/off.

cheers
Old 01-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know you are focusing more on the wall view now but out of curiousity I was playing around with my movies in Media Center and after selecting the movie you want the fan art will be displayed on all of the background. On your screenshots it just displays on the left hand side background. Will it cover the whole background like it does for media center?

Edit: I just noticed in media center that from list view when you select a movie it goes to another screen with even more detaiionled info and shows the fanart in the whole background and then on the bottom half it shows the additional info. Will this be the same or similiar for your version or will it be from the list view you would just select the movie and then it would just play?

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-14-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I know you are focusing more on the wall view now but out of curiousity I was playing around with my movies in Media Center and after selecting the movie you want the fan art will be displayed on all of the background. On your screenshots it just displays on the left hand side background. Will it cover the whole background like it does for media center?
It does cover the whole background yes. If you are refering to the list view the left is slightly transparent where you can still see the bg behind it but also can still read the text.

If you are referring to the "info view" with a full fanartbg no my infoview looks like that in the blogs posted

If you are refereeing to how if you stay focused on one for a set time everything in the background fades to the foreground no I don't like that it it useless to me.

I know that is allot of if's but hopefully it answers your question.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The background/fanart is darkend-transparent and the amount is will be customizable as everyone's screen darekness always verys.

As well as the spaces between the movies can be turned on/off as well as the fanartbg can be turned on/off.

cheers
Awesome! All this info is just wetting my appetite even more.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Awesome! All this info is just wetting my appetite even more.
You can't wet your appetite without pictures here is a quick example of three different looks changing the "spacing" between movies. The background transparencies and the unselected poster transparencies. As you can see I have also gone back to the default "coverstyle"

so it really is quick and easy to make your own "custom" look if you will

and yes I know the hulk is not nc-17 that is just put there for reference right now

Custom1
Custom2
Custom3
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

What view is the star trek screen shot of?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
What view is the star trek screen shot of?
This

Is your info view.

Now if you are wanting a info view with full background like mymovies log in on google code and if I get the time and more people want it I will add one wouldn't be too hard.