SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
and yes I know the hulk is not nc-17 that is just put there for reference right now
Based on the NC-17 rating I just assumed the movie was The Incredible Hunk

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

So Plucky any idea of a release date? Had to ask.
________
buy herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
So Plucky any idea of a release date? Had to ask.
January 15 11:00 am

Now if I am early you will be happy

In all seriousness I really don't know. I hope to have the first beta out to testers withing a month and it really depends how those results are, my original decisions was to wait for sage 7 and see what it holds but I decided against that as I can also recode the studio part fairly easy, so believe me I want to get this out just as quick as you do I have things to do in the spring
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This

Is your info view.

Now if you are wanting a info view with full background like mymovies log in on google code and if I get the time and more people want it I will add one wouldn't be too hard.
Sorry just wanted to double check. So that screen would what it would go to once you select the movie you want (for all views?)? And then you have the option to play, trailer, or similiar? If it doesn't take too long could you change where the cover is to the the background as most of my covers from mymovies aren't that high of a resolution and probably wont look too good on a bigger tv, where as I get up to 1080 resolution for backgrounds from my movies.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Sorry just wanted to double check. So that screen would what it would go to once you select the movie you want (for all views?)? And then you have the option to play, trailer, or similiar? If it doesn't take too long could you change where the cover is to the the background as most of my covers from mymovies aren't that high of a resolution and probably wont look too good on a bigger tv, where as I get up to 1080 resolution for backgrounds from my movies.
Correct on how the view works

as for quality that is one if the great things about mymovies the covers you see on the wall are a lower resolution for speed. When you go into info view you get a full res cover. (same cover you get in mymovies for mc if you zoom it in the infoview)

that said I may whip up a info view that uses the bg can't use the current because the aspect would be off I will so something to accomodate those that want a bg info view.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would the resolution of the covers be the same resolution of the current covers that mymovies is currently downloading, if so those resolutions are pretty low for a bigger tv. It would probably look fine on a 32" or smaller.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Answer to my prayers.

Long time lurker (isn't that what you're supposed to say on your first post?). I knew Plucky was pretty awesome, but this announcement has just made my day/week/month!

Plucky, if you're still in the stage of this where you appreciate user enthusiasm, picture a fat texas guy jumping up and down with excitement!

I'm a former MCE2005 user, and I have around 500 individual files that are either full movie rips, shorts (on Pixar DVDs), or individual episodes ripped from TV series on DVD. Over the course of several years, I spent a very large amount of time tweaking things to work perfectly with MyMovies (filenames, folder structures, etc). I came to really dig the interface and the powerful collection management.

Switched to Sage a couple months ago - for the most part I've never looked back, it's better in nearly every way. I was just about to take a big deep breath and dive in on the process of redoing the whole collection to work with SMW (which is pretty darn cool too, if I was starting from scratch) when I read this announcement. The funny thing is, I was just THIS MORNING thinking about how cool it would be if someone could port the mymovies experience to Sage.

Consider me PUMPED and don't hesitate to ask for anything - I'm worthless as a programmer, but I'll be happy to ship you some pizza and beer!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Which My Movies product?

I don't have my movies right now and I am interested in getting it. i see there are multiple products. Which one would I want to get?

Would it be the Collection Management one?

Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
I don't have my movies right now and I am interested in getting it. i see there are multiple products. Which one would I want to get?

Would it be the Collection Management one?

Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
Will you be running on your WHS or just using on your PC? You can download the "My Movies Collection Management" for your PC and if you plan on using WHS also download the WHS addin

Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Will you be running on your WHS or just using on your PC? You can download the "My Movies Collection Management" for your PC and if you plan on using WHS also download the WHS addin
Just on the PC that is my SAGETV "Server". Thanks!!!
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
Just on the PC that is my SAGETV "Server". Thanks!!!
OK, just collection management:

http://www.mymovies.dk/download/coll...anagement.aspx

Old 01-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Expanded "disc" collection.

Question for Plucky: In my old MyMovies setup, I had a number of TV series Box sets ripped from DVD - The Box set would be a place-holder that would then drill down to the collection of individual containers. I would then use the function that allowed you to add additional discs (by pushing the disc button). Then I'd add each individual episode as its own disc (by using the option to point it an individual "Online - file" vs "Online - folder" entry).

As an example - I'd click on the "Are you being served?" box set placeholder, that would then open the collection of 12 individual containers (discs 1-12, displaying their cover-art). Clicking on any container would then open a list of the 6 episodes contained on that disc. MyMovies thinks it's a display of the different discs within the container, but I used it to point to episodes instead.

Will this function persist in your port? I've got my old database loaded into my new mymovies WHS server, collection management software on my desktop linked to the server - just itchin to take this bad-boy for a drive!

Thanks for all your hard work - you and other developers are turning a cool product into an amazing one.

JH
Old 01-17-2010, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthegoon View Post
Question for Plucky: In my old MyMovies setup, I had a number of TV series Box sets ripped from DVD - The Box set would be a place-holder that would then drill down to the collection of individual containers. I would then use the function that allowed you to add additional discs (by pushing the disc button). Then I'd add each individual episode as its own disc (by using the option to point it an individual "Online - file" vs "Online - folder" entry).

As an example - I'd click on the "Are you being served?" box set placeholder, that would then open the collection of 12 individual containers (discs 1-12, displaying their cover-art). Clicking on any container would then open a list of the 6 episodes contained on that disc. MyMovies thinks it's a display of the different discs within the container, but I used it to point to episodes instead.

Will this function persist in your port? I've got my old database loaded into my new mymovies WHS server, collection management software on my desktop linked to the server - just itchin to take this bad-boy for a drive!

Thanks for all your hard work - you and other developers are turning a cool product into an amazing one.

JH
I already like you because you watch are you being served

to answer the question yes both placeholders ie box sets will be supported fully as will multi disc. The boxed and multi disc features of the collection manage And whs plugin where my main reasons for going with mymovies over other management tools out there for wmc.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Now I'm going to need to rip that 1st season of 24 that I've had hanging around forever. I can't believe I've gone this long without watching it.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is an early early shot of coverflow work in progress haven't added any information to the screen just yet.

CoverFlow
Old 01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is an early early shot of coverflow work in progress haven't added any information to the screen just yet.

CoverFlow
No comments on this one don't know if that is bad or good

Here is a more revised one with a "info" overlay on type to put description etc etc. I think I like the spacing/layout better than yesterdays

CoverFlow2
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Will it be possible to use this just for part of your Video Library? I took a look at SMW a little while ago. I loved how it looked and it would work great for the Movies section of my Video Library. But the most used portion of my video library is kids shows where I have dozens of episodes of shows that do not have Fanart - or if they do it is all the same and it appears that SMW wasn't as useful without unique Fanart for each file. I didn't spend too much time trying to finesse it but I didn't think that I could just use SMW for some parts of my Video Library and the defaul SageMC screens for others.

With MyMovies it would be great if this was a separate option from the top menu so that you could still keep your existing Video Library and just have this as a separate entry.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Will it be possible to use this just for part of your Video Library? I took a look at SMW a little while ago. I loved how it looked and it would work great for the Movies section of my Video Library. But the most used portion of my video library is kids shows where I have dozens of episodes of shows that do not have Fanart - or if they do it is all the same and it appears that SMW wasn't as useful without unique Fanart for each file. I didn't spend too much time trying to finesse it but I didn't think that I could just use SMW for some parts of my Video Library and the defaul SageMC screens for others.

With MyMovies it would be great if this was a separate option from the top menu so that you could still keep your existing Video Library and just have this as a separate entry.
re smw: you can use pathfilterexpressions to limit what smw displays. So if your videos are separated on your HDD (that you want to display with smw vs sagemc) you could have two seperate menu entries... one to use smw and one to use the default sagemc video screens...

not sure what he has planned for mymovies but i would think he would have something similar...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

Basically as Razor said you could you pathfilters on SMW. As for MyMovies port if you don't have it in your mymovies collection manager it will not show in the add-in so you can limit it that way.

As for MyMovies it will not have support for pathfilters by path but you will be able to setup pathfilters setting properties to the custom filters you make in the collection manager so kind of the same but different.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Ok this is not clear to me. I just watched a movie on mymovies website for installing on whs. Straightforward enough but it talks about configuring monitor, movie disk copier, music disk copier, dvd collector. There is no optical drive in my whs / sagetv server so is it expecting a whs server to have an optical drive for ripping movies? I ripped onto my desktop machine and then ftp to the whs server. Then it talks about a mymovies client software.

I already have dvdprofiler (not all that impressed) because it has no way to simply read my my movies folder to learn what movies i have. Does mymovies do this?

thanks for any clarifications.
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray