SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
Thanks for the response. I do have an HD100 and an HD200 plus the Client on my desktop.

I am saving everything (at least I think it's everything) to the Video Share folder on the WHS machine. MM has been doing this automatically for me as I rip movies on the Client. The only thing I'm not clear on is where the actual MM database is saved - perhaps that's on my Client C: drive. Could that be why you are suggesting I do it from the WHS machine?

I think some others posted on this thread about doing it the way I am if I understood them correctly.

Will your Plug-In be accessing the database, or just the movie folders?

I do see covers showing for almost all my movies in Collection Manager, and I think I have seen their JPGs in the individual movie folders. So that is fan art? Thought it was just a copy of the covers. I'm confused.

Also I can't figure what 'Backdrops' are?

Thanks very much to whoever responds to this post.

Rod
Rod,

MyMovies has a database kept at the mymovies server (in your install case that would be the client) So your extenders would have to access the client pc for the database instead of your WHS and that is not ideal. Also the fanart is kepted in a central location on the server of MM so in your case again that would be the client and ideal. Think of it this way WHS addin is meant to automontior and server the database/fanart nothing more. You sill have to install the collection manager on your client pc as a client and have it hit your server then you do all your management from there.

As for fanart there are different types. The 4 main ones in MM are
1.Front Cover
2. Back Cover
3. Backdrops (backgrounds)
4. Movie Posters (not used yet)

The backdrops require a certain amount of contribution or purchased points to download those from mymovies (not to use them in my addin I will get to that later).

There are also other fanart in MM.
1. Genre Backdrops
2. Genre Icons
3. Filter Backdrops
4. Filter Icons

hopefully that helps some if you still have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post

1. Will you be using the MM metadata or the Sagetv metadata (property files) that WHS MM can also produce? The reason I ask is because I did not select the option initially when SageTV was misspelled and the great majority of my DVDs collection was added to MM without that option selected. If you are in fact using the SageTV metadata produced by MM then what are my options? I am aware of the metadata updating for all titles in the database but not knowing exactly what it does I am a bit worried about using it.
I am accessing the MM database directly not the properties files. The only reason you would need to generate those if you wanted the MM data inside of default sage. But that data is limited and doesn't include box set data and other data. So don't worry you are fine there.

Quote:
2. At least in my system BMI had the tendency to want to use the foreign name for some titles even when the movie title is available in English on IMDB. That made for some very interesting times. Now that my WHS MM is working again I have gone through MM and used the English name in the MM database. I hope that your system is able to use the English name for the titles.
It will use whatever you have in mymovies. Whatever you see in collection manager is what you will see in my addin.

Quote:
3. On a somewhat powerful system (not my SageTV server) I have noticed that MM3 is somewhat slower than the previous version that I used to ran on the same system. How does the speed and smoothness of your MM import compares to that of SMW on similar SageTV server equipment and the hd2000?

Again, thanks for your hard work.
When you say MM3 I am guessing you are talking about the interface in WMC? I have always thought it was slower than sagetv in general and allot of that is due to the heavy animation. On my server and clients I can say the MM addin for sage is much (and I can't stress the much faster part enough) then SMW, allot of this is due to the way I have coded the MM access/caching of the database. As for the hd200 I have yet had time to test on it as I haven't gotten that far in the builds yet. I have 2 hd200's and why they will never be as fast/quick as a client pc or server my goal is to still keep this import functional on them as much as possible. Animations will be the killer for the hd200 but running them without them should not present a problem or that is the goal
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Rod,

MyMovies has a database kept at the mymovies server (in your install case that would be the client) So your extenders would have to access the client pc for the database instead of your WHS and that is not ideal. Also the fanart is kepted in a central location on the server of MM so in your case again that would be the client and ideal. Think of it this way WHS addin is meant to automontior and server the database/fanart nothing more. You sill have to install the collection manager on your client pc as a client and have it hit your server then you do all your management from there.

As for fanart there are different types. The 4 main ones in MM are
1.Front Cover
2. Back Cover
3. Backdrops (backgrounds)
4. Movie Posters (not used yet)

The backdrops require a certain amount of contribution or purchased points to download those from mymovies (not to use them in my addin I will get to that later).

There are also other fanart in MM.
1. Genre Backdrops
2. Genre Icons
3. Filter Backdrops
4. Filter Icons

hopefully that helps some if you still have questions don't hesitate to ask.
PluckyHD,

Thanks so much for your prompt and very informative response. I feel bad asking you questions here as it takes time away from your plug-in development, but hopefully if it also helps others it's worthwhile.

You have cleared up a lot for me re fanart, etc. Thanks.

My remaining issue is the database and it's location. I did the same thing, I think, that a couple of other posters did here and that is MM was originally on WHS. I uninstalled MM from there, but not SQL Server. If I understood the other posters correctly this approach - MM on Client machine still setup to feed to server - will keep the database on the WHS Server. My trouble is I don't know what the DB should look like to go find it! I have done some poking around and the Binerup folder (at least part of it) is still on the WHS machine.

I also tried to backup the DB from the Client and MM said it had to be done from the server.

So thanks again for all your help.

Rod
Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
PluckyHD,

Thanks so much for your prompt and very informative response. I feel bad asking you questions here as it takes time away from your plug-in development, but hopefully if it also helps others it's worthwhile.

You have cleared up a lot for me re fanart, etc. Thanks.

My remaining issue is the database and it's location. I did the same thing, I think, that a couple of other posters did here and that is MM was originally on WHS. I uninstalled MM from there, but not SQL Server. If I understood the other posters correctly this approach - MM on Client machine still setup to feed to server - will keep the database on the WHS Server. My trouble is I don't know what the DB should look like to go find it! I have done some poking around and the Binerup folder (at least part of it) is still on the WHS machine.

I also tried to backup the DB from the Client and MM said it had to be done from the server.

So thanks again for all your help.

Rod
Never feel bad for asking questions I wouldn't release a stvi/addin if I didn't plan ahead of time to support it.

The easiest way to tell where you database is kept and where the files are being stored is in the registry

\\hkey_local_machine_software_My Movies

in there you will see a Sever and a Filestorage path the server is where the sql database is being kept and the filestorage is where you fanart is being kept.

Cheers
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

I do not know exactly how this will work and it may work as I'm wondering but in case it doesn't, then this would be a feature request for what looks like an awesome interface!

I have 2000 DVDs and roughly say 100 of my favority DVDs ripped to the hard drive. I use DVDProfiler to catalog the collection. I do not intend to nor have the time to rip 2000+ DVDs but I would love to have an interface to be able to better "see" what I have. Having said that...

Can or will this be made to either interface with DVDProfiler or allow us to input a list of DVDs that are NOT on the hard drive and in an actual DVD collection? It would be just awesome to have an interface like this and where I had the DVD ripped to the hard drive there would be like a "Play" button but where it was in an actual DVD collection it would either have no "Play" button or show the DVD Collection # or something like that. Wow... that would just be fantastic Granted, this would then require one to go get the DVD and put it in the player but at least I could then use the SageTV interface to search and view my entire collection instead of just what I had ripped to the hard drive.

If this has already been mentioned then I apologize for taking up space here but if it hasn't and is something that could be done or is planning to be done then EXCELLENT!!! LOL!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I do not know exactly how this will work and it may work as I'm wondering but in case it doesn't, then this would be a feature request for what looks like an awesome interface!

I have 2000 DVDs and roughly say 100 of my favority DVDs ripped to the hard drive. I use DVDProfiler to catalog the collection. I do not intend to nor have the time to rip 2000+ DVDs but I would love to have an interface to be able to better "see" what I have. Having said that...

Can or will this be made to either interface with DVDProfiler or allow us to input a list of DVDs that are NOT on the hard drive and in an actual DVD collection? It would be just awesome to have an interface like this and where I had the DVD ripped to the hard drive there would be like a "Play" button but where it was in an actual DVD collection it would either have no "Play" button or show the DVD Collection # or something like that. Wow... that would just be fantastic Granted, this would then require one to go get the DVD and put it in the player but at least I could then use the SageTV interface to search and view my entire collection instead of just what I had ripped to the hard drive.

If this has already been mentioned then I apologize for taking up space here but if it hasn't and is something that could be done or is planning to be done then EXCELLENT!!! LOL!
Yes mymovies has a online/offline function. Offline basically meaning you have the disc as you stated. I am not sure how I am going to implement the offline function as of yet be it a seperate grouping or option to include all. Either way my goal is to prompt the user to insert the disc and it start playing from there for offline.

cheers
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yes mymovies has a online/offline function. Offline basically meaning you have the disc as you stated. I am not sure how I am going to implement the offline function as of yet be it a seperate grouping or option to include all. Either way my goal is to prompt the user to insert the disc and it start playing from there for offline.

cheers
That's just fantastic, PLUCKYHD! Thanks much for the hard work you and all the other guys put into making SageTV an even better experience than it already is
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Never feel bad for asking questions I wouldn't release a stvi/addin if I didn't plan ahead of time to support it.

The easiest way to tell where you database is kept and where the files are being stored is in the registry

\\hkey_local_machine_software_My Movies

in there you will see a Sever and a Filestorage path the server is where the sql database is being kept and the filestorage is where you fanart is being kept.

Cheers
Thanks for the locations and for being so open to questions.

In the Registry for MM on the Client I find \\mellserver\MyMoviesFileStorage$\ for File Storage, and just mellserver for server path. The latter doesn't even have the backslashes in front of mellserver.

In the registry for MM on the WHS machine I find D:\MyMovies\File Storage|. I don't find anything for Server.

Still a mystery where the database is. I've ripped about 60 movies thus far on the Client and everything is getting saved to the Server. Collection Manager on the Client shows the full list of movies. It's just that we need to confirm that the DB is on the Server. And it would sure be nice to find it so I can do backups.

Rod
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the locations and for being so open to questions.

In the Registry for MM on the Client I find \\mellserver\MyMoviesFileStorage$\ for File Storage, and just mellserver for server path. The latter doesn't even have the backslashes in front of mellserver.

In the registry for MM on the WHS machine I find D:\MyMovies\File Storage|. I don't find anything for Server.

Still a mystery where the database is. I've ripped about 60 movies thus far on the Client and everything is getting saved to the Server. Collection Manager on the Client shows the full list of movies. It's just that we need to confirm that the DB is on the Server. And it would sure be nice to find it so I can do backups.

Rod
Correct database is on the server. the server won't have the slashes just the path looks like you are setup correctly. I think you will have to readd the whs addin to backup the db but not sure on that one..You could ask brian over in the mymovies forum.

cheers
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Correct database is on the server. the server won't have the slashes just the path looks like you are setup correctly. I think you will have to readd the whs addin to backup the db but not sure on that one..You could ask brian over in the mymovies forum.

cheers
Good to know that the DB is on the server. I have considered re-installing the add-in, but am fearful that it may wipe out the existing DB and Fanart in the process. Since I now know where the fanart is I can back it up, but do need to find out where the DB is so I can back it up.

Yes I think it's now time for a post on the MM forum. Hope I can get a response there. It's not at all like here - there are many unanswered posters there unfortunately.

So thanks again PLUCKYHD for all your help here. And again, I'm sure looking forward to your new plug-in!

Rod
Old 01-29-2010, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good to know that the DB is on the server. I have considered re-installing the add-in, but am fearful that it may wipe out the existing DB and Fanart in the process. Since I now know where the fanart is I can back it up, but do need to find out where the DB is so I can back it up.

Yes I think it's now time for a post on the MM forum. Hope I can get a response there. It's not at all like here - there are many unanswered posters there unfortunately.

So thanks again PLUCKYHD for all your help here. And again, I'm sure looking forward to your new plug-in!

Rod
I know Brian tries very hard to help everyone but he like me is only one person and he gets hit much more then I with questions and issues. If you don't get a answer let me know and I will call it to his attention for you.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I know Brian tries very hard to help everyone but he like me is only one person and he gets hit much more then I with questions and issues. If you don't get a answer let me know and I will call it to his attention for you.
This morning when I got up there was a response on the MM Forum/WHS from Carl2005 the Moderator. He said to reinstall the add-in and the data would be saved. This is the procedure when upgrading - first uninstall, then re-install the new version.

So I did the re-install of the add-in and all is well. I now have the DB backed up and am ripping movies on the Server. For some reason most all the movies I attempt to rip on the Server are successful. Previously I had a very low success rate, and had to do most of the rips from the client. Odd!

So thanks again for all your great assistance. Sure looking forward to your new add-in as I know lots of other folks are!

Rod
Old 01-30-2010, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This morning when I got up there was a response on the MM Forum/WHS from Carl2005 the Moderator. He said to reinstall the add-in and the data would be saved. This is the procedure when upgrading - first uninstall, then re-install the new version.

So I did the re-install of the add-in and all is well. I now have the DB backed up and am ripping movies on the Server. For some reason most all the movies I attempt to rip on the Server are successful. Previously I had a very low success rate, and had to do most of the rips from the client. Odd!

So thanks again for all your great assistance. Sure looking forward to your new add-in as I know lots of other folks are!

Rod
Glad to hear you got it working. PS I rip from my client and not the server

Now if that other guy would get his work on the port for sagetv done....
Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Glad to hear you got it working. PS I rip from my client and not the server

Now if that other guy would get his work on the port for sagetv done....
When the other guy gets done are you going to somehow be able to integrate TV shows into your MM plug-in? We have a lot of TV movies recorded in Sage and would love to be able to combine them with our DVD rips in one UI presentation. Wow, am I dreaming?

Our server rips at least twice as fast - excuse me another one just finished - as our client. Probably because it's a new dual core vs our client which is a 7 year old p4. And it's not having to transfer across the network either.

Rod
Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Any chance of HD-DVD ISO image support ?

Like many others, I am really looking forward to MyMovies on SageTV. I have been using MM for a few months now and have created a substantial HD-DVD ISO library. Is there a chance that HD-DVD ISO playback will be supported?
Thank you.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melgon View Post
Like many others, I am really looking forward to MyMovies on SageTV. I have been using MM for a few months now and have created a substantial HD-DVD ISO library. Is there a chance that HD-DVD ISO playback will be supported?
Thank you.
Is it supported by sage currently? If so then yes.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

AFAIK Sage doesn't support HD DVD formats in any way, and I doubt it ever will since it's a dead format. Better off converting HD DVDs to BDs with ClownBD or similar.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
AFAIK Sage doesn't support HD DVD formats in any way, and I doubt it ever will since it's a dead format. Better off converting HD DVDs to BDs with ClownBD or similar.
Thanks stranger I wasn't sure as I don't do ISO or HD DVD
Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know this is a side thing for you but I havn't seen any posts for a couple of days or any new screenshots. Any updates?? I'm really looking forward to this import.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I know this is a side thing for you but I havn't seen any posts for a couple of days or any new screenshots. Any updates?? I'm really looking forward to this import.
Hey things are going that is about all I can say at the moment. When it came to testing on the hd200 and clients i decided I needed to redo the structure of the way I was doing somethings which meant redoing/changing allot of the code around. I have most of those changes done and hope to get back into studio soon, Don't have any good or great news at the moment there are some really good things coming of the new code changes though just not ready to share any yet

Also work is getting busy again so not as much free time as I use to have but am giving it all I got.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Also work is getting busy again so not as much free time as I use to have but am giving it all I got.
There are a whole lot of us that really appreciate the tremendous effort you are putting into this!!!

Rod