SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage User

I just want to add my two cents of encouragement for this project. I've been a Sage user for 7+ years now and none of that would be possible without the talents of programmers like you. People are always so impressed with our setup at home and I always feel a little guilty about it, since my role in it is merely as a consumer and amateur IT technician.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the kind words and continued support guys it really does help.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Just thought I would post an update since I haven't really in a while. First and foremost this project is still very much alive and in progress but personal and professional life has limited my time lately. After my initial testing on the hd200 and clients I was not happy with the performance I was getting and decided to take a completely new approach to the way I was doing things, which in turn has made the learning curve that much bigger for me. Thanks to the guys in the studio forums and jeff from team ortus for putting up with my constant questions I am making great headway in getting the backend coding redone. I still don't have a date and don't want to give one as I don't want to be burned for not meeting it but I promise it will make it to you guys. I have learned allot more java than I ever wanted to know I am being very picky as I want this addin to work and work well. A couple of features I have coded so far
1. The ability to define sorts and views for each box set/genre/filter seperately.
Example:
you have a filter for unwatched and you want to view it in list view and sorted by date added. You have another filter blu rays and you want to view it in coverflow and sort by title.
Those settings will are remembered independtly for every box set /filter/genre you have. (there are of course defaults)
2. The ability to save a view,sort,and videos displayed by name.
Example:
your wife likes to view only unwatched movies and sort by release year and in wall view. She can set this view up and save it with whatever view name she would like to give it. Each user in the house can define their own view.

So there are a couple of things to wet everyones whistle. Number one is fully functional and number two is getting there.

Cheers and thanks for all the great feedback.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Sage User

thanks for keeping up with this.

One question for you. Will this be a completely stand-alone my movies installation, or will it just be a plugin to access an existing my movies installation?

The reason I ask, is I'm not currently using my Movies at all. I have Sage installed on my Windows Home Server (WHS) and I wasn't sure if I should install the WHS version of My Movies, or wait for some full installation package in Sage.

Sorry if this was already answered.. I've read most of this thread, but may have missed this answer.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teststrips View Post
thanks for keeping up with this.

One question for you. Will this be a completely stand-alone my movies installation, or will it just be a plugin to access an existing my movies installation?

The reason I ask, is I'm not currently using my Movies at all. I have Sage installed on my Windows Home Server (WHS) and I wasn't sure if I should install the WHS version of My Movies, or wait for some full installation package in Sage.

Sorry if this was already answered.. I've read most of this thread, but may have missed this answer.
This will be a pluing/stvi to access the existing mymovies database. So yes download the collection manager for WHS and the collection manager for your client pcs and install it as a client. Note you only need to install the collection manager not the full mymovies for media center on the client.

cheers
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky, this should be a great import and I cant wait to try it out. I'm sure I missed this, but I'm going to get MyMovies up and running before hand, so If i store my movies currently on my Mediasmart WHS, but my sage install is on a Windows 7 box (where i do my ripping) then should i install the WHS version or the standalone Collection Manager?

Also, do we need to contribute to get backgrounds and posters and fanart?

~ Brian
Old 02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Plucky, this should be a great import and I cant wait to try it out. I'm sure I missed this, but I'm going to get MyMovies up and running before hand, so If i store my movies currently on my Mediasmart WHS, but my sage install is on a Windows 7 box (where i do my ripping) then should i install the WHS version or the standalone Collection Manager?

Also, do we need to contribute to get backgrounds and posters and fanart?

~ Brian
Brain,

Install the WHS version on your WHS and the collection manager as a client on your sagetv box (do you organizing and fanart searching/settings on the client) the server install basically just keeps all the metadata and fanart on the server and handles folder monitoring (also conifgured from the client)

Posters and metadata are free no purchase or contributation points are required. To get Backgrounds it does require a point level based on what backgrounds you want (780p or 1080p) require different points. Also if you contribute or purchase enough points you can use the mymoives ripping feature form the WHS addin which is really nice.

cheers
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Plucky,

Will we be able to use any background we want? For example I have a home movie that I want to use my own background on. Can I do this?

Thanks,
Q
________
juggalos

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
Hi Plucky,

Will we be able to use any background we want? For example I have a home movie that I want to use my own background on. Can I do this?

Thanks,
Q
Yes any background in the movie folder itself titled backdrop.jpg will override any MyMovies fanart.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky,

Got the MM on WHS and the client collection manager setup, and all my movies are in there. Now i just gotta figure out the box set stuff. Can't wait to take it for a spin!

Any chance of some more teaser shots?

~ Brian
Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Plucky,

Got the MM on WHS and the client collection manager setup, and all my movies are in there. Now i just gotta figure out the box set stuff. Can't wait to take it for a spin!

Any chance of some more teaser shots?

~ Brian
Some more teasers will come once I get back into studio.

As for box sets this is how I do it

1.Add the box set you want as a offline movie
2.then go to that offline title in the collection manager
3. click the series/box set icon towards the bottom on the left side of the covers.
4. add the movies there you want in that box set
5. check "Do not including holding set as part of Series/box set" (this will basically just tell the database that is it only a holder for the box set and not a playable title)
6. close that window and hit save title

Then you can put whatever covers you want for that boxed set and it will show that and you will have a drill down type like SMM to see the titles in that box set.

cheers
Old 02-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Plucky! That was quite helpful. I was not doing step 5.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I got some questions for any currently or previously used mymovies for media center and used the multi disc features for a title. Please PM so we can talk
Old 02-25-2010, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Thought it has been a while and since I did get some time in studio this week before jumping back into java I thought I would share some screenshots to keep the crowd from getting their flame throwers out

This will show off some of the "theming" I have made for SageMyMovies. I have spent and am spending allot of time on the theme coding as customization and such is one thing that will really help set the sage port apart from the default WMC port.

First up is ListView with 3 different themes and fanart on and off.

ListView-Theme=SkyeBlue

ListViewNoFanart-Theme=SkyeBlue

ListView-Theme=BlackIsBack
ListViewNoFanart-Theme=BlackIsBack
ListView-Theme=WhiteIce
ListViewNoFanart-Theme=WhiteIce

Next up we will explore a new view Call SideWays. Thanks to user TwistedMelon for suggestion a view like this and giving me some examples of what he was talking about.

SideScroll-Theme=BlueSkye
SideScrollNoFanart-Theme=BlueSkye
SideScroll-Theme=BlackIsBack
SideScrollNoFanart-Theme=BlackIsBack
SideScroll-Theme=WhiteIce
SideScrollNoFanart-Theme=WhiteIce

So hopefully that settles everyone for a haul as I won't be sharing any more screencaps for a while as the rest I will keep to myself for a bit and remember I am always open to opinions and none of this views are permanent and may change (feel like I need the small warning text scrolling at the bottom )

As for the themeing I am trying make it easy and offer a good degree of customization to you the end users in hopes you will offer some themes up for the community. You can chose font colors, font and images when creating a theme. Remember you also have all the different coverstyles to chose from that the MyMovies forums have the ones in those screenshots are simply the default. If you have interest in making a theme please pm me and I will get your started.

Cheers

Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks PLUCKYHD for the shot of eye candy adrenaline! Spot on!

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

looks good plucky! I like how you have a translucent window with the text on it instead of the text directly on the fanart.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks great. Keep up the great work. Still can't wait until you release it. I'm always open to being a beta tester
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lookin sharpe Plucky

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Sage Expert

Wow. You are outdoing yourself. Which is no easy feat!

Very nice. I guess it's time to get My Movies going
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Looking great! Btw, I'm loving the look of WhiteIce

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)