SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Are there any updates on this? This would be a great feature.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks like Lamanmi is getting close...

http://lamansoft.com/

Is there an expected release date? How much will the plugin cost?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome, I can't wait. I may be ditching mControl if this pans out.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

InControl For Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
Looks like Lamanmi is getting close...

http://lamansoft.com/

Is there an expected release date? How much will the plugin cost?
I have been making great progress on this, as with most development, it always turns out to be more complicated than expected. In this senerio, we have multiple components (VB.Net, Jave and Sage Studio) along with each one having a different plug-in model.

In any case, I am just waiting on Homeseer to complete the license keys and set on their side. I am hoping (no promises) to get the first release out next week.

The Homeseer plugin will have a 30 day trial and will cost $29.95. The Sage plugin will be free and can run on the server and as many HD100s, HD200s, clients, placeshifters as you have within your network.

I also have numerous ideas of further integration, such as having devices directly in Homeseer that can determine the status of the server (i.e. what is recording, what is on/off, etc) and possibly even control Sage. More to come.....

Lamanmi
Old 06-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage User

That sounds cool. I am looking forward to trying your plugin. I will be happy to invest in your plugin to keep the developement going.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

there one ready

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum...ead.php?t=8019

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
The Homeseer plugin will have a 30 day trial and will cost $29.95. The Sage plugin will be free and can run on the server and as many HD100s, HD200s, clients, placeshifters as you have within your network.
Let us know when it's ready. I'll install it on the spot!
1x HD200
Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Plugin: InControl For SageTV/HomeSeer - Released

All,

I have released the initial version of InControl (SageTV/HomeSeer). Read for more information.

Please let me know of any feedback, comments, bugs and I will respond as soon as possible!

Thanks!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not able to verify any of my users or passwords...
1x HD200
Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Items to check.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
I'm not able to verify any of my users or passwords...
Moskus,

Here are a few things to try:
  • InControl uses the user id and password set up in the WebUsers tab of HomeSeer, make sure you are using one of those.
  • Check to make sure the HomeSeer plugin was initialized correctly
  • In Sage InControl Settings, did the "Server Settings" validate correction and does it show "VALID" by it?

If these do not help, I put up slighlty modified version in the HomeSeer updater (1.0.9) that will produce some logs that will help us debug. Please do the following:
  • Update to that version on Homeseer, restart Homeseer to install and make sure 1.0.9 is loaded.
  • Go into the by going to http://<homeseer server>/InControl_Sage_config, enter in "2" for Log Level, and click save.
  • Return to Sage InControl Options, and click the "Click to Validate" next to the ID/Password option.

After that, please check the HomeSeer log. You should see the following

Code:
InControl_Sage  modMain_ProcessMessage: Message=LOGON;SAGE;1005;SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI;JAVA
InControl_Sage  modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=LOGON;VALID;1005;SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI;END 
InControl_Sage  modMain_ProcessMessage: Message=INIT;SAGE;1005;SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UIFROM=JAVA;JAVA
The first one is Sage logging into HomeSeer, the second on is HomeSeer saying login was valid, the third one is Sage asking for updates from any tracked devices.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for your quick feedback!

I installed the new version, restarted HomeSeer, disabled (and saved) and enabled (and saved) the plugin. This is the log:

Quote:
03.07.2010 19:07:55 Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: InControl_Sage
03.07.2010 19:08:03 Plug-In Interface InControl_Sage is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage Register callback completed
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage Application path: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2
03.07.2010 19:08:03 Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: InControl_Sage
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage InControl_Sage InitCommon Executing
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage Loading Sage Servers
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_LoadServers
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage Starting Sage Listner
03.07.2010 19:08:03 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_StartListenerTCP
03.07.2010 19:08:03 Error Initializing interface: InControl_Sage->Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
03.07.2010 19:08:03 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in InControl_Sage
Uhm... why am I seeing red in the log?

And this happens when I try to validate the userID/psw (and I'm 100% sure the credentials are correct) using log level 3:
Quote:
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_ReceiveMsgTCP
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_ParseCommand
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_ProcessMessage
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage modMain_ProcessMessage: Message=LOGON;SAGE;1000;001d60649087;JAVA
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_ProcessMessage_Logon
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_SearchID
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage TRACE: Entering modMain_SendCommandTCP
03.07.2010 19:08:47 InControl_Sage modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=LOGON;INVALID;1000;001d60649087;END

I can send a message to the client from HomeSeer, that feature works.

And I have two other (minor) questions:
- Is it or will it be possible to control Sage clients using InControl?
- Is it possible to set the text on the Plugin Button in HomeSeer to something "smaller? I'm thinking instead of "InControl_Sage Plug In", just use "InControl".

OH: And I've tried using both a PlaceShifter and a HD200 extender. I'll try now directly on the server.

EDIT: Great. Now even validating the server/ports does not work. And each time I try to, I get a new "Sage Client" in HomeSeer...
1x HD200

Last edited by Moskus; 07-03-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Moskus,

Quote:
Uhm... why am I seeing red in the log?
This is where the problem lies....In the HomeSeer InControl configuration, what is "Sage Send Port (must match setting in Sage)" set at? Try changing it to a different port, clicking save and restarting homeseer. If that does not work, I will create a new build with a little more debugging information.

Quote:
I can send a message to the client from HomeSeer, that feature works.
This is telling us that HomeSeer is talking to Sage but Sage cannot talk to HomeSeer, because the interface did not initalize.

Quote:
EDIT: Great. Now even validating the server/ports does not work. And each time I try to, I get a new "Sage Client" in HomeSeer...
This is definitly an open issue, if Sage/HomeSeer cannot complete their conversation, they don't realize that have already spoken and want to re-introduce them to each other. I will get correct this issue in a future build.

Quote:
- Is it or will it be possible to control Sage clients using InControl?
By this do you mean, can a Sage Client have the InControl plugin? If so, yes, you can install InControl on as many clients as you wish. In fact, you do not need to install it on the server if you choose not to. If you install it on the server, Placeshifter clients will also get the capability.

Quote:
And I have two other (minor) questions:
- Is it possible to set the text on the Plugin Button in HomeSeer to something "smaller? I'm thinking instead of "InControl_Sage Plug In", just use "InControl".
Sure, I can make that configurable on a future build....although I do have a ton of other ideas, where I can see having multiple InControl clients on HomeSeer to control/communicate with other items....such as a Windows Tray application, other PVR software, touch screen devices, etc. But that is in the future.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is where the problem lies....In the HomeSeer InControl configuration, what is "Sage Send Port (must match setting in Sage)" set at? Try changing it to a different port, clicking save and restarting homeseer. If that does not work, I will create a new build with a little more debugging information.
I restarted the SageTV service and HomeSeer, and now I dont' see that error in the log. However, I still can't get InControl to verify my username/password.

Log entries:
04.07.2010 15:26:46 InControl_Sage modMain_ProcessMessage: Message=LOGON;SAGE;1000;001d60649087;JAVA
04.07.2010 15:26:46 InControl_Sage modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=LOGON;INVALID;1000;001d60649087;END
(etc)

Could it be an encoding problem or something like that? I see that if I send "Test!" from homeseer to SageTV I get "Test%21" on the PlaceShifter...

But it's still strange, as I'm not using any special characters in my usernames or passwords...

Quote:
By this do you mean, can a Sage Client have the InControl plugin? If so, yes, you can install InControl on as many clients as you wish. In fact, you do not need to install it on the server if you choose not to. If you install it on the server, Placeshifter clients will also get the capability.
Thanks for this information.

However, I was thinking can I control a SageTV client (that being a regular client, PlaceShifter og Extender) from HomeSeer?

That would be awesome!

Quote:
Sure, I can make that configurable on a future build....although I do have a ton of other ideas, where I can see having multiple InControl clients on HomeSeer to control/communicate with other items....such as a Windows Tray application, other PVR software, touch screen devices, etc. But that is in the future.
Integration is always cool. Keep up the good work!
1x HD200
Old 07-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB View Post
I have Sage on WHS, but HS on a seperate computer. Will the pluggin work like this? I haven't yet tried to install HS on WHS yet.

DRB
DRB,

I have not tried the Sage Plugin on WHS, but I suspect it should work fine. Also, this will work either way -- HomeSeer on the same server as Sage OR HomeSeer on another computer/server different from Sage. Both servers, do however, need to be on the same network, as the plugins use TCP/IP to talk.

Good luck, feel free to let me know of any issues, I will do my best to make sure this can work on all platforms that support Sage and Homeseer.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Logging in

Quote:
However, I still can't get InControl to verify my username/password.

Log entries:
04.07.2010 15:26:46 InControl_Sage modMain_ProcessMessage: Message=LOGON;SAGE;1000;001d60649087;JAVA
04.07.2010 15:26:46 InControl_Sage modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=LOGON;INVALID;1000;001d60649087;END
(etc)

Could it be an encoding problem or something like that? I see that if I send "Test!" from homeseer to SageTV I get "Test%21" on the PlaceShifter...

But it's still strange, as I'm not using any special characters in my usernames or passwords...
This is quite perplexing, however, we will figure it out. A few more things to try/check:
  • What version of Sage are you using?
  • Check your Sage properties file for lamansoft/incontrol/UserID and
  • lamansoft/incontrol/Password. Are they correct?
  • I made one more build that will clue us in on the issue, please download on HomeSeer 1.0.10, change the log settings to a special setting of 4, restart homeseer and then restart Sage. The User Id and Password that was sent from Sage to HomeSeer will be in the HomeSeer log....are they correct?

Quote:
However, I was thinking can I control a SageTV client (that being a regular client, PlaceShifter og Extender) from HomeSeer?

That would be awesome!
I got that feature logged....are there specific types of things you would like to control (i.e. play shows, turn on/of, etc)? This will help get me some prioritization of what to work on first.

Thanks for your help in debugging this issue!!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is quite perplexing, however, we will figure it out. A few more things to try/check:
  • What version of Sage are you using?
  • Check your Sage properties file for lamansoft/incontrol/UserID and
  • lamansoft/incontrol/Password. Are they correct?
  • I made one more build that will clue us in on the issue, please download on HomeSeer 1.0.10, change the log settings to a special setting of 4, restart homeseer and then restart Sage. The User Id and Password that was sent from Sage to HomeSeer will be in the HomeSeer log....are they correct?
- Running version 7.0.11 beta of SageTV. Using it as a service. It's on the same computer running HomeSeer (version 2.4.0.11).
- Yes, they are correct.
- Hehe! Installed the new update. Now I see the problem:
04.07.2010 22:43:44 InControl_Sage User ID =
04.07.2010 22:43:44 InControl_Sage Password =

The UserID and Password are empty! Why is that?

Quote:
I got that feature logged....are there specific types of things you would like to control (i.e. play shows, turn on/of, etc)? This will help get me some prioritization of what to work on first.
Well, to get started having the basic controls like Play/Pause, Ch+, Ch-, FF, Rew would be fantastic! Perhaps a HomeSeer-device for each client. And it it could show the status (like "Idle", "Playing video: The Simpsons - Episode S19E07", "Playing music: Pink Floyd - Wish you were here", etc etc etc)

Like mentioned in the HomeSeer forum, having the option to control my HD200 (or any other clients, like PlaceShifters) using HStouch is great! This is possible now by using the web interface, but we'd like something more "integrated into HomeSeer", if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Thanks for your help in debugging this issue!!
No problem! I really want this to work!
1x HD200
Old 07-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try this...

Quote:
- Running version 7.0.11 beta of SageTV. Using it as a service. It's on the same computer running HomeSeer (version 2.4.0.11).
- Yes, they are correct.
- Hehe! Installed the new update. Now I see the problem:
04.07.2010 22:43:44 InControl_Sage User ID =
04.07.2010 22:43:44 InControl_Sage Password =

The UserID and Password are empty! Why is that?
Hmm, that is strange.

Let's check on the Sage side. Please try this:
  • Go to the Advanced in Detailed Setup and enable the Debug Log
  • Close Sage
  • Unzip this zip into your JARs directory, it should extract InControl_1.0.9.jar into the JARs directory
  • Manually delete InControl_1.0.8.jar from the JARs directory.
  • Start Sage
  • Then check the Sage log, it should have a set of lines starting with "InControl" in them that will also show the User ID and Password Sage is sending to HomeSeer.

If you have any issues with this, just let me know and I will update the new version in the Sage plugin manager.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip InControl_1.0.9.zip (9.9 KB, 124 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

There's no UserID or Password in the Sage log either:
Quote:
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.445 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl ------------------------ Version 1.0.9
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.445 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl ServerAddr -
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl SageSendPort - 10990
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl SageRecPort - 10991
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl UserID -
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl Password -
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl sSourceIP - 192.168.0.10
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl sContext - 001d60649087
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.446 [EventRouter-001d60649087@1bc676b] InControl ------------------------ Version 1.0.9
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.468 [thread1@10b23cf] InControl - Message received@HAMONLOGON;INVALID;1000;001d60649087;END
Mon 7/5 14:17:55.468 [thread1@10b23cf] InControl-Util:ProcessMessageLogon()-Login Invalid
1x HD200
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Having problems as well with "Invaid" coming back every time I try to validate the install within Sage. I have HS loaded on a separate PC in the house that is also running MainLobby with MLServer. It looks like Sage is talking to Homeseer because I get a new Server/Client feedback line with my WHS IP (192.168.1.87) every time I hit try to Validate the install.

First I tried setting this up at my HPTC Sage Client and got INVALID when I tried to validate the install.

Then I loaded at my WHS, same problem. I've confirmed my IP, user name, and password to access HS by logging in from my office computer with the same IP 192.168.1.94.

Questions: Will loading the Sage v7 plugin at both Sage WHS and Sage Client cause a problem? Does Homeseer have to be running in "Service" mode?
Server: Sage WHS 7.0.9 - Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz, 4GB ram, 160GB(system) + 300GB(data) pooled HD, 400GB + 1TB non-pooled HD, MSI 9400GT video, 4-port serial, Windows Home Server 2003, 2-DTV H20 receivers, 2-HD-PVR E1 tuners, 2-Patterson usb translators for DTV usb to serial channel select control
Client 1: Sage Client 7.0.9 - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4GB ram, 400GB HD, Xonar 7.1 Audio, Blu-ray DVD, Asus 9500GT video with HDMI connect to Denon 3310CI and 60" LG Plasma, Windows 7 32bit
Old 07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
There's no UserID or Password in the Sage log either:
I think I am close to finding the issues...I have attached one more test build, it has one more piece of logging information (shows if it is getting is identifer from HomeSeer - listed as the SageID). This will be helpful to see if it truly paired with HomeSeer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip InControl_1.0.10.zip (10.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by lamanmi; 07-07-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: You already provided your set up above.