SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
The Home button has never done that on Android, you are thinking iPhone/iPod before they gained multi-tasking in iOS 4...
It certainly doesnt do it by design, well not immediately anyway. However with taSageTV, until the new version, it would either close silently or force close when you switched back to it.

Until now Ive only been able to switch to the client if the main application was actually in view. As soon as I switched away from taSageTV tapping on the client icon would always cause a Force Close.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage User

Loaded the new version on my ASUS Transformer running 3.1. It seems to be much more stable. One thing I have noticed and it was the same in the previous version I had loaded, none of the searches work except search guide. All the other searches don't give you a place put your search info, but search guide does.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjalphonso View Post
One thing I have noticed and it was the same in the previous version I had loaded, none of the searches work except search guide.
Right, the other ones are still in construction... I probably should not have made them visible untill I actually implemented them...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage User

After the update the remote stopped working. Nothing has changed with my hardware. It connects to the server fine. It shows all the content and I am able to delete shows off the server.

I tried all the clients in the list and none of them would let me control my sage 300.

The only other change I made since it worked last is I updated sagetcpserver.

Tried rebooting the tablet.

Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twollman View Post
After the update the remote stopped working.
Sounds like it's not connecting to the client/extender...

Quote:
I tried all the clients in the list and none of them would let me control my sage 300.
Well, only the proper client would...

Quote:
The only other change I made since it worked last is I updated sagetcpserver.
Try rebooting the SageTV server. Their method to restart the server/plugins has been known to fail...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage User

I tried rebooting the server, still no love.

I checked the client property files and the mac addresses match the client selection options. The icon in the upper right corner where you choose the client also shows it being connected.

Prior to the update I was able to control the clients. Other then updating the plug in and the tasagetv app, nothing has changed.

Any suggestions? I can follow instructions pretty well if you can point me in the right direction. I will admit that I am pretty ignorant about how all this works so I am reluctant to start playing with things without some direction.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twollman View Post
Any suggestions?
If you have setup the external/3G access, I can try connecting to your server and check if there's anything odd... Just pm me the ip (and password if you set one up in SageTCPServer)... Also let me know which Client you are trying to control...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Lightbulb

Fonceur:

Thanks for your continuous updates. I use the app everyday. However, I have a question about streaming. I saw with one of your recent updates you moved some stuff out of the options menu. When I drill down to a tv recording, I now see a button for delete above the tv information. When I click on my menu button, I see options for http streaming and mirage but no longer an option to stream using VLC. Do you know where that option has gone to? Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit713 View Post
When I drill down to a tv recording, I now see a button for delete above the tv information.
As long as you are connected to the server, you should see the Stream/Delete buttons, and the "Add to playlist"/Play if connected to the Client...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
As long as you are connected to the server, you should see the Stream/Delete buttons, and the "Add to playlist"/Play if connected to the Client...
The icon says I am connected. I have 2 server profiles. One for 3g and one for WiFi. I am currently using 3g. If I switch to WiFi, the delete button disappears and it shows I am not connected. I can not use WiFi from where I currently am.

If I switch back to 3g, the icon says I am connected and the delete button reappears but no stream button.

I will wait until I can use WiFi later to see if the button shows. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Sage User

After droid update to 3.2 mine is broken as well. I'm connecting fine, my shows, music etc. resinks to the network fine, but I cannot control any of my extenders. I tried the remote...no go, I tried clicking the play after selecting a show...no go. The only thing I have not tried is a reboot of the sagetv server machine. I'll do that when I get home this afternoon. But with it sinking correctly and it talking to the extenders correctly (Icon lights up and does not have an X), I would think a reboot is not the issue....but I'll try it anyway Sorry I don't have any logs for you.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I would think a reboot is not the issue....but I'll try it anyway
Well, thinking back, I seem to remember the Remote control not working at some point and that either restarting the app or SageTV fixed it... Though I figured it was because I connected to SageTCPServer before the client was up...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Update: When I have wifi as my server and I am on my my wifi at home, I get all the buttons including the stream.

I have this question? I only have port 9250 forwarded on my router. I did not want to open up any more ports so ports 9260 for the client and the jetty web server are not open.

When I connected through the WiFi server profile, the client connected and I got all the buttons. Does the client port or the Jetty web server port have to be open for the stream button to appear.

Again when I connect through my 3g profile, the client does not connect and I do not get thumbnails for the tv recordings but I made that decision because I wanted to open as few ports possible. This is the situation where only the delete button shows and no other.

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by wit713; 08-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I only have port 9250 forwarded on my router. I did not want to open up any more ports so ports 9260 for the client and the jetty web server are not open.
Well, if the Client and web server ports are not opened, then you won't be able to connect to the client, view thumbnails/images or stream... If you want to stream through VLC, you will need the port 554 or such opened too...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Well, if the Client and web server ports are not opened, then you won't be able to connect to the client, view thumbnails/images or stream... If you want to stream through VLC, you will need the port 554 or such opened too...
Thanks for the quick reply. I do have port 554 open. I forgot about that one.

Why do I need the client to connect to stream. If I am away ftom home, I do not want to control my client.

When I switched from wifi to my 3g server profile, the client stays comnected and buttons do show. However if I then change the client and the client then becomes disconnected the other buttons disappear and the delete button is the only one that will show. Can you make the stream button always show like the delete button or make the stream button tied to the server being connected and not the client being connected. The other streaming always show.

As a side note: I was never able to get the http or mirage streaming to work on my EVO 4g that has been upgraded to gingerbread.

Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Why do I need the client to connect to stream.
You don't, that was my bad...

Quote:
As a side note: I was never able to get the http or mirage streaming to work on my EVO 4g that has been upgraded to gingerbread.
I'd suggest opening the Mirage beta app and trying to stream a known .m3u8... Maybe try from the web browser too...

Version 2.17

- Fix: The Stream button visibility was linked to the Server instead of Client state.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Sage User

Updated everything and rebooted several times, still no go. Same issues as before. All happened after update to 3.2
Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Updated everything and rebooted several times, still no go. Same issues as before. All happened after update to 3.2
Start something on the extender with the IR-Remote or such, then check the TaSageTV Status for that client...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage User

The status screen reports the correct info of what is playing after doing as you requested. Almost seems as if it is reading properly but not sending commands properly.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The status screen reports the correct info of what is playing after doing as you requested. Almost seems as if it is reading properly but not sending commands properly.
Which makes no sense... So I'll need access to the logs to figure out where the issue is...

Tags
android