SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

if you are going to change it anyway, perhaps the green check for things that can be SRE'd and another mark/color for ones that are currently active (i.e. started but not yet finished).........or vice versa
Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

something wrong tonight............no override, just normal fave recording, game going into extra innings but SRE killed job at 10:00 (said not recording?)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sre-log-stopped-bad.txt (95.0 KB, 168 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

For some reason SRE was told the game stopped recording at 21:58. You're going to have to look at your sagetv logs to see if the recording stopped for some reason. That check simply asks the Sage API if the recording is still active and if the core tells SRE it's not then it cancels the monitor right there. That's what happened. If anything, there was an issue with the Sage API either reporting that the recording had stopped when it hadn't or the query of the MediaFile object from the core returned null unexpectedly.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

tonight's game was rained out........how does SRE handled postponed games?
if the game is postponed at start time, will it kill the recording?
if not, will it not look until 30 minutes before scheduled end?
if the latter, would it make sense to perhaps do a PPD check every 20 or 30 minutes? not sure any other sporting event has this issue..........not a biggie either, since it doesn't happen all that many times each year
Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
tonight's game was rained out........how does SRE handled postponed games?
if the game is postponed at start time, will it kill the recording?
if not, will it not look until 30 minutes before scheduled end?
if the latter, would it make sense to perhaps do a PPD check every 20 or 30 minutes? not sure any other sporting event has this issue..........not a biggie either, since it doesn't happen all that many times each year
I'll be curious to know the answer... here's what I expect to happen:

1) If the game is marked as postponed before the recording is scheduled to start, then SRE should kill it right when the recording starts, but only if you've enabled the "end recording early" setting in SRE.

2) Otherwise, it'll record until at least the check at 30 mins before the end of the recording.

I don't think a PPD check is necessary because you expected to use a tuner to record the game anyway so it's not like you're missing anything unexpectedly because of the partial recording of a rain out.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

@cat6man Anymore info on the other issue you reported the other day?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
@cat6man Anymore info on the other issue you reported the other day?
hasn't happened again, so i assume it was some sort of anomaly
Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'll be curious to know the answer... here's what I expect to happen:

1) If the game is marked as postponed before the recording is scheduled to start, then SRE should kill it right when the recording starts, but only if you've enabled the "end recording early" setting in SRE.

2) Otherwise, it'll record until at least the check at 30 mins before the end of the recording.

I don't think a PPD check is necessary because you expected to use a tuner to record the game anyway so it's not like you're missing anything unexpectedly because of the partial recording of a rain out.
well, tonight the game is still being recorded, so i guess the PPD wasn't out there early enough (i do have 'end recording early' set)

however, to test further, i'm recording a show on PBS at 9pm-10pm, and overriding it as the rained out red sox game..........so that way it should definitely test case 1)
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

log looks good.

game at 7pm was recorded, as PPD was not announced until sometime after 7:15pm or so.....game eventually stopped early, 30 minutes before normal end, by SRE

test override scheduled to start at 9pm ended recording very quickly (1.9MB file) when SRE found game had ended early

so, everything looks good slugger
Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Slugger for the personal customer support over MSN Messenger! I got my issued fixed!
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

How to create overrides for NCAA football...

As NCAA football begins, users will need to create overrides in order to map the school names used by Zap2It to the school names used by livepvrdata.com, which is using espn.com for NCAA football monitoring at this time.

Check your recording schedule after 12:30 EDT on game day (you can actually check ahead of time usually for football, for example this week's games are already showing up in the espn feed and so they show up in the link below). If any NCAA game needs an override then go here:

http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp

This web page (I'm told it'll be prettied up some time down the road) shows a live view of every event livepvrdata.com is capable of monitoring for the given day. Find the game you're trying to monitor and create an override in SRE to match the school name(s) used. When SRE asks if you want to create a global override say "yes" and setup the override as appropriate. Once you save a global override then you will not need to create an override for the same school again (unless espn.com changes the way it displays the school). A global override is also immediately made available to all SRE users. Eventually we should get a map of most NCAA schools, which should eliminate the need for worrying about overrides. However, it will take awhile and some community effort.

Also, livepvrdata.com support for monitoring NCAA football was enabled earlier today (no SRE update required).
Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Slugger,

Thanks for the update on NCAA football. With pro football season approaching are there any special notes or updates we need to be aware of?

Tom

PS. Feature request:

- Brett Favre Job Queue (BFJQ). Schedules or deschedules games depending on if Brett plays or doesn't play. User configurable option if play=schedule or play=deschedule.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Slugger,

Thanks for the update on NCAA football. With pro football season approaching are there any special notes or updates we need to be aware of?

Tom

PS. Feature request:

- Brett Favre Job Queue (BFJQ). Schedules or deschedules games depending on if Brett plays or doesn't play. User configurable option if play=schedule or play=deschedule.
NFL is good to go. No map updates, SRE updates, etc. req'd. It should "just work." Mind you, I'm about ready to deliver a sweeping update to SRE (pretty big, possible I haven't found all the bugs in it, but I've got to go with it at some point). This update might interrupt NFL (all) monitoring, but I've been pretty diligent in my testing so I'm fairly confident it won't break anything too horribly.

This update will set me up for a series of other changes coming down the pipe that I'll discuss at the time of this delivery.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Snapshot 977 available: Please Read!

Snapshot 977 is now in the repository. There is only one change, but it's a big one:

Migrate data store to H2 database engine; prep for future changes

I've migrated the app's data store from SQLite to H2. The reason for this is so that clients can easily access the SRE database as needed. And the reason for that, is to support my on going effort to introduce SRE into the STV.

977 only provides the migration from SQLite to H2. The STVi is not included at this time because I'm still working on it, but here's a small little example of what I'm up to:

As you can see, I'm adding SRE details to the STV. The first iteration will be a read only type of thing where it will display details about overrides, possibly what's being monitored, etc. Either way it'll just be informational display. A future iteration will hopefully add write capabilities from the STV (i.e. setup overrides, etc. directly from the STV).

Mind you, I may not like the end result and could scrap the whole idea all together. If you think this will be useful then the time to speak up is now. Ideas are also welcome.

Either way the migration to H2 is staying and this is really what I need people to test asap. My testing has proven successful, but I need more confirmation. This upgrade will drop any defined overrides you have setup in your recording schedule (it does not delete global overrides, but will require you to set them up in the rec schedule again). This is a one time only thing.

Last edited by Slugger; 09-01-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow, I'm really liking the information in the STV. Can't wait to try this when I get home.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Wow, I'm really liking the information in the STV. Can't wait to try this when I get home.
There is no STVi yet. Only the db migration to H2 is in the repository right now. It's going to be a week or two probably before I have the STVi ready.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

the main thing i can think of is the ability to do overrides in the STV......today i have to be at some pc to do the override..........would be a killer addition
Old 09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Snapshot 981 available...

A few key bug fixes in this build. Still no STVi and I'm not so sure I'll end up finishing it. I was quickly reminded why I don't do STVi work in the first place today as things just didn't go smoothly at all while I was working on it. Perhaps I'll sit down and try again in a week or two, but I just don't think I have the patience nor desire to work in Studio so I may have spoke too soon when discussing a possible STVi for SRE.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

is the latest version broken?
i see nothing in my SRE recording schedule at all

edit: sox rained out tonight due to approaching hurricane earl, so i don't need SRE today, but i've never seen it blank before

let me know if you want to see anything else like a log or test something

Last edited by cat6man; 09-03-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Is the sre.log file still being written to? Are other jetty apps still working? I'm running 981 with no issues. Did you install and run the last build (977)?

If the log is still being written to (MonitorStatusChecker is still running periodically, etc.) then there's something wrong with the web app portion. Have a look at the sagetv_0.txt file, but more than likely you'll have to enable jetty debug logging completely to get all the details I'll need to see. Maybe we'll get lucky and the sre.log file contains exception dumps (unlikely for this scenario, but you never know)?

Is anyone else seeing this problem?