SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Sage User

I'm currently recording the Red Sox vs Yankees game and I'm seeing the following in the log =>

2010-08-06 19:11:25,574 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error
com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.RestException: ESPN Bottom Line feeds do not support future event lookups!
at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client.getStatus(Client.java:145)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.OverrideValidator.check(OverrideValidator.java:46)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.MonitorStatusChecker.checkMonitor(MonitorStatusChecker.java:65)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.MonitorStatusChecker.run(MonitorStatusChecker.java:37)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
2010-08-06 19:11:25,846 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error
com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.RestException: ESPN Bottom Line feeds do not support future event lookups!
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.OverrideValidator.check(OverrideValidator.java:46)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.MonitorStatusChecker.checkMonitor(MonitorStatusChecker.java:65)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre3.server.MonitorStatusChecker.run(MonitorStatusChecker.java:37)
2010-08-06 19:11:26,133 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error
2010-08-06 19:11:26,415 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error

The game started at 7:00 PM and it's currently 8:54 PM and I'm still getting these errors in the log. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks
Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

[OverrideValidator] errors are nomal, they have nothing to do with a game that is currently being recorded. SRE checks the status of future events every 30 minutes and in the case of MLB, you will get those errors, as explained above.

For the game that's currently recording, look for an entry in the sre.log from [AiringMonitor] at 7:00pm (or whatever time the game started recording). That check should tell you the game is not over and that it'll check again at (about) 9:30pm (or 30 mins before the scheduled end of the recording). It's at that time when the game will actually start monitoring.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Sage User

I'm only seeing [AiringMonitorManager] messages and not any [AiringMonitor] messages in my SRE.log. These messages are as follows =>

2010-08-06 00:09:24,915 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Unsubscribed from recording started events!
2010-08-06 00:10:58,351 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-06 00:10:59,390 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-06 00:11:10,215 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Subscribed to recording started events!
2010-08-06 00:11:10,229 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Initializing monitors for 0 active recording(s).
2010-08-06 00:11:10,230 INFO [AppEnv]: Registered for recording schedule change events!
2010-08-06 00:11:25,275 INFO [DataStore]: Reading data store from 'C:\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sre\sre.sqlite'
2010-08-06 00:11:25,680 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error

Any ideas? I love this app and I hate to miss the end of these marathon Red Sox vs Yankee games. Tonight's recording stopped at 10:00 PM, yet the game continued beyond this time.

Thanks

Last edited by kchase56; 08-06-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Basically, after upgrading you will get a system message telling you that SRE needs a google access token and will tell you to visit /sre/ in Jetty. Load the SRE web GUI and it will immediately present the Google authorization window. You have to click the first button (I know it's ugly/cut off, but I have to head out for the day by 1pm ) to bring up the Google site. Login to Google as directed and grant livepvrdata.com access to your Google account. Google will respond with a verification code. Feed that code back into SRE and click the second button. All goes well and SRE will proceed. That's it, everything else is the same except SRE no longer (directly) asks for nor stores your Google credentials.

Undoubtedly there will be some problems, I've only been able to do some basic initial testing. But without this update, SRE has a 0% chance of working. Hopefully just a few minor patches to address any issues that arise. Please report any problems and I'll get them addressed ASAP.

The updated SRE will appear in the repository shortly.
I don't understand what any of this means. What does "in Jetty" mean? How do you visit a site "in Jetty"? Is /SRE/ a website? Load the GUI into what? I just don't understand any of it. I've really never understood what I'm supposed to do with this plugin.

I know that Jetty is like a browser, but how do you start it or use it? How would you "visit/SRE" in it? This thread is so jargon-heavy that I just can't make any sense of it, and the same goes for the stuff on the internet about it. I've tried changing the username and password in the Jetty plugin but it tells me I have the wrong password or user name, and all I did was inter my google account name and password. Also entered the entire gmail address, and that didn't work either.

"load the SRE Web GUI" What's the SRE web GUI and what do I load it in? The plugin manager? Is the GUI one of those icons to the right? The jargon is getting me really frustrated.

Last edited by freewheeling; 08-06-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchase56 View Post
I'm only seeing [AiringMonitorManager] messages and not any [AiringMonitor] messages in my SRE.log. These messages are as follows =>

2010-08-06 00:09:24,915 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Unsubscribed from recording started events!
2010-08-06 00:10:58,351 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-06 00:10:59,390 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-06 00:11:10,215 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Subscribed to recording started events!
2010-08-06 00:11:10,229 INFO [AiringMonitorManager]: Initializing monitors for 0 active recording(s).
2010-08-06 00:11:10,230 INFO [AppEnv]: Registered for recording schedule change events!
2010-08-06 00:11:25,275 INFO [DataStore]: Reading data store from 'C:\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sre\sre.sqlite'
2010-08-06 00:11:25,680 WARN [OverrideValidator]: OverrideValidator error

Any ideas? I love this app and I hate to miss the end of these marathon Red Sox vs Yankee games. Tonight's recording stopped at 10:00 PM, yet the game continued beyond this time.

Thanks
If there's nothing in the log from AiringMonitor then
  1. SRE has crashed and therefore is not monitoring any recordings
  2. The Sage core event dispatcher thread has crashed and is therefore no longer firing events for SRE to receive and act upon
  3. Some other thread/plugin is hogging the event dispatcher thread such that SRE cannot receive the recording started events
  4. Monitoring is disabled in the SRE settings
If it's #1 then you should enable debug logging in Sage and look for exception dumps from SRE. If it's #2 or #3 then there is a debug option for adding output from the dispatcher thread to the Sage debug logs; the details slip my mind at the moment. #4 seems unlikely because there would be log messages in sre.log saying that was the case.

Either way, if the problems persist a lot of debugging will be necessary. PM me if you want to head down this road. I'm out of town until Sunday or Monday so it'll be at least a couple days before I'm even at home again to be able to start debugging this.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I don't understand what any of this means. What does "in Jetty" mean? How do you visit a site "in Jetty"?
Jetty is a web application server plugin for SageTV. People, such as me, write plugins that run as web apps. Jetty hosts and serves these apps, which are typically viewed in a web browser. I assume one has some understanding of the software they install on their systems and therefore take a few liberties when describing things.

Quote:
Is /SRE/ a website?
Yes, well, technically it's the context of a web application (yeah, lots more jargon in this sentence) served by Jetty, but that's really just semantics. For simplicity's sake, let's just say, "sure it's a URI to a web site hosted by Jetty."

Quote:
Load the GUI into what?
A web browser. The URL is http://your_sage_server_ip:jetty_port/sre/

The default port is 8080 (I believe, but that's configurable). An example of where you might visit would be http://192.168.0.1:8080/sre/ - assuming your SageTV server is located at IP address 192.168.0.1 and your installation of the Jetty plugin is configured to run on port 8080, adjust accordingly.

Quote:
I just don't understand any of it. I've really never understood what I'm supposed to do with this plugin.
If you want to monitor and extend live sporting event recordings then install this plugin, if you don't then don't install it.

Quote:
I know that Jetty is like a browser, but how do you start it or use it?
No, Jetty is not a web browser. It is a J2EE application container. It runs applications. Typically one accesses the applications it hosts via a web browser.

When you install SRE (in Sage v7) it automatically installs and starts Jetty because SRE is dependent on Jetty.

Quote:
How would you "visit/SRE" in it?
See above (re: http://192.168.0.1:8080/sre/)

Quote:
This thread is so jargon-heavy that I just can't make any sense of it, and the same goes for the stuff on the internet about it. I've tried changing the username and password in the Jetty plugin but it tells me I have the wrong password or user name, and all I did was inter my google account name and password. Also entered the entire gmail address, and that didn't work either.
Jetty's default id and password have nothing to do with your Google Account. The default id is "sage" and the password is "frey". I believe this is documented in the Jetty wiki. Furthermore, the only place you should be entering your Google id and password is on the Google web site when redirected by SRE. SRE never directly prompts you or asks for your Google credentials.

Quote:
"load the SRE Web GUI" What's the SRE web GUI and what do I load it in? The plugin manager? Is the GUI one of those icons to the right? The jargon is getting me really frustrated.
Deep breath... the web GUI in SRE refers to the SRE web site located at http://your_server_ip:your_port/sre/

I can't help you learn all the terminology, you'll either pick it up as you go or you'll uninstall the plugin. I'll eventually rewrite the user guide for SREv3, but it's just going to contain a lot of the same terminology used above. If it's not user friendly enough then I challenge you to learn it and contribute a "Jetty apps for the less technical" type documentation. Keep in mind these plugins aren't written by a large team - it's a one man show. I write it, I document it, I support it. The problem with that is I'm so familiar with the inner workings of everything that I tend to take some things for granted when it may not be as obvious to others. I know this happens, I try to avoid it, but it's inevitable. It's the price one pays for free software. You want a 100 page "easy to understand" manual for a plugin that's but a couple thousand lines of Java code (if that) then I'd have to quit my job and make this my full time job. Needless to say, this hobby doesn't pay the mortgage.

Familiar with the saying, "no such thing as a free lunch"? Well, the plugin is free, the source code is free and open source, the support I provide is free, but there is a price. Namely, if you don't know how this all works then you're going to have to do some homework and try to learn. On that front, I'm more than willing to help and answer questions, but you've got to meet me half way. Just telling me your frustrated isn't going to get you using this plugin any faster. It sounds like you might want to start learning about Jetty and what it does. Once you understand that then hopefully it's more clear how SRE fits into the picutre. Then you study in more detail what SRE is doing and then hopefully the full picture is clear.

Now I'm down from the adrenaline rush I got at the poker tables tonight and will have no problems falling asleep now... good night.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well it has been since last football season since I recorded anything that SRE needed to potentially extend. Also since then the web interface has changed, and my guess is that is where I am a little stumped and probably missing something easy.

I have a manual recording set for the NFL Hall Of Fame game tonight. I do not see any indication in the SRE web GUI that it is going to be monitored any differently than my other upcoming recordings, as I used to in the previous version. The SRE web GUi shows:

Code:
4145224     NFL Football     Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys     8/8/10 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
I checked the EPG Maps web page and it says:

Code:
Current day's events for 'nfl' unless it's before noon ET then this will be yesterday's events.
Dallas at Cincinnati (8:00 PM ET)
I have tried changing the episode name from "Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys" to many things:

Code:
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati vs. Dallas
Dallas at Cincinnati
Dallas vs. Cincinnati
Bengals vs. Cowboys
Dallas vs. Cincinnati
And, for everyone of them I get a message "The override you created is invalid and was deleted!" I looked on the SRE Google code web site but did not see anything covering the latest version of SRE and use of overrides and monitoring. I am assuming the game should be monitored since it is on the EPG Maps feed. Is there any indication that the game will be monitored somewhere? Why am I unable to create an override for the game tonight (assuming I am doing it right)?

Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. - I am using SRE 3.0.0.906 according SageTV. I am unable to check the version on the web GUI using the help button anymore though.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 08-08-2010, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Well it has been since last football season since I recorded anything that SRE needed to potentially extend. Also since then the web interface has changed, and my guess is that is where I am a little stumped and probably missing something easy.

I have a manual recording set for the NFL Hall Of Fame game tonight. I do not see any indication in the SRE web GUI that it is going to be monitored any differently than my other upcoming recordings, as I used to in the previous version. The SRE web GUi shows:

Code:
4145224     NFL Football     Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys     8/8/10 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
I checked the EPG Maps web page and it says:

Code:
Current day's events for 'nfl' unless it's before noon ET then this will be yesterday's events.
Dallas at Cincinnati (8:00 PM ET)
I have tried changing the episode name from "Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys" to many things:

Code:
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati vs. Dallas
Dallas at Cincinnati
Dallas vs. Cincinnati
Bengals vs. Cowboys
Dallas vs. Cincinnati
And, for everyone of them I get a message "The override you created is invalid and was deleted!" I looked on the SRE Google code web site but did not see anything covering the latest version of SRE and use of overrides and monitoring. I am assuming the game should be monitored since it is on the EPG Maps feed. Is there any indication that the game will be monitored somewhere? Why am I unable to create an override for the game tonight (assuming I am doing it right)?

Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. - I am using SRE 3.0.0.906 according SageTV. I am unable to check the version on the web GUI using the help button anymore though.
A few things to point out here...

First, monitoring of the game should succeed (now - as of 19:00 EDT). The problem was that livepvrdata.com did not have support for NFL monitoring turned on. It's since been turned on. I've verified myself that it appears to be working now. You might have to delete any overrides you've created, depending on which one you currently have in there.

Second, sre-maps.appspot.com is no longer used by SRE. SREv3 exclusively uses the livepvrdata.com web service for all its monitoring data. Eventually, you'll be able to go to livepvrdata.com and view/modify the override maps, etc., but since they're still in a closed beta that's not available yet. However, SRE 3.0.0.906 does have it's own global override editor linked to livepvrdata.com so you can edit the map that way - it's a little buggy, but it's getting there.

Finally, the Help menu, etc. are still missing. Slowly but surely it'll reappear.

Let me know if the game doesn't monitor after removing overrides. If it doesn't then I would like to see your sre.log file. I've set up the game to record (after 19:00 EDT) and SRE was able to get the proper response from livepvrdata.com so I expect it to be able to monitor fine.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger thanks for the response. That clears up a few things. I did not have an override since it always gave me the "Invalid Override" message. However, now when I go to the SRE web GUI I still do not see anything different. There is no indication that the game is being monitored other than there is a check mark in the Monitored box like every other scheduled recording. What indicator do you have that it is being monitored by SRE? It will now allow me to create an override, do I need to create an override to have SRE monitor the game? A few things cleared up but I am still unclear as to how to I get SRE to extend the game (if needed) or even check if SRE is monitoring the game.

Thanks.
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Slugger thanks for the response. That clears up a few things. I did not have an override since it always gave me the "Invalid Override" message. However, now when I go to the SRE web GUI I still do not see anything different. There is no indication that the game is being monitored other than there is a check mark in the Monitored box like every other scheduled recording. What indicator do you have that it is being monitored by SRE? It will now allow me to create an override, do I need to create an override to have SRE monitor the game? A few things cleared up but I am still unclear as to how to I get SRE to extend the game (if needed) or even check if SRE is monitoring the game.

Thanks.
No override necessary. Have a look in SageTV/plugins/sre/sre.log - it will tell you what's going on. This port to Sage v7 is still in beta - the GUI is still being worked on. The log file will tell you exactly what the plugin is up to. There should be an entry for 8pm in that log saying that it's monitoring the game.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
However, now when I go to the SRE web GUI I still do not see anything different. There is no indication that the game is being monitored other than there is a check mark in the Monitored box like every other scheduled recording. What indicator do you have that it is being monitored by SRE?
There are status icons that will be shown on the next update - the code's already checked in, I'm just working on a few other things that I want to clean up before uploading a new build to the Sage plugin repository.

Quote:
It will now allow me to create an override, do I need to create an override to have SRE monitor the game?
No. As a matter of fact, SRE will generate a system message in SageTV when it believes you may need to create an override. No system message, no override needed.

Quote:
A few things cleared up but I am still unclear as to how to I get SRE to extend the game (if needed) or even check if SRE is monitoring the game.
The sre.log file is the definitive place to go to see what the plugin is doing. Eventually a lot of the key data in that log file will be portrayed within the GUI, but I'm still not quite there yet.

You don't need to create overrides unless you get a system message from SRE telling you that it thinks you need one. Typically, that should only really be necessary for NCAA events. All the pro sports (that are supported) have the maps setup properly already so if SRE generates a system message for a pro sport then it's likely that a software update will be needed. NCAA is a different beast because there are just too many schools and abbreviations used in the EPG data to try and pre-fill the maps - that's why the global override editor is available so that the user community can help get the maps for NCAA filled in.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
There are status icons that will be shown on the next update - the code's already checked in, I'm just working on a few other things that I want to clean up before uploading a new build to the Sage plugin repository.

No. As a matter of fact, SRE will generate a system message in SageTV when it believes you may need to create an override. No system message, no override needed.

The sre.log file is the definitive place to go to see what the plugin is doing. Eventually a lot of the key data in that log file will be portrayed within the GUI, but I'm still not quite there yet.

You don't need to create overrides unless you get a system message from SRE telling you that it thinks you need one. Typically, that should only really be necessary for NCAA events. All the pro sports (that are supported) have the maps setup properly already so if SRE generates a system message for a pro sport then it's likely that a software update will be needed. NCAA is a different beast because there are just too many schools and abbreviations used in the EPG data to try and pre-fill the maps - that's why the global override editor is available so that the user community can help get the maps for NCAA filled in.
Thanks so very much for the info. That clears up all my questions. I did create an override right after posting just to see if the GUI changed if I created one. No change, but now I know why. I checked the log and it looks like it is working great.

Code:
2010-08-08 20:31:05,296 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Event not over; nothing to be done! [312ms]
2010-08-08 20:31:05,296 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Next check at Sun Aug 08 20:33:05 MDT 2010
2010-08-08 20:33:05,578 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Event not over; nothing to be done! [282ms]
2010-08-08 20:33:05,578 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Next check in 2 minutes...
2010-08-08 20:35:05,562 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Event not over; nothing to be done! [266ms]
2010-08-08 20:35:05,562 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Next check in 2 minutes...
2010-08-08 20:37:05,562 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Event not over; nothing to be done! [266ms]
2010-08-08 20:37:05,562 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Next check in 2 minutes...
2010-08-08 20:39:05,578 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Event not over; nothing to be done! [282ms]
2010-08-08 20:39:05,578 INFO  [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Football: Hall of Fame Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dallas Cowboys': Next check in 2 minutes...
Thanks so much again for your help and the great info on the current behavior. I know you guys have been using SRE a good bit with the baseball season, but my SRE season is just starting up. This has been one of my most valuable plugins for a couple of years and thank you very much for all of your hard work.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Snapshot 915 available; v3.0 almost done!

Snapshot 3.0.0.915 is now available in the repository. Other than a couple minor touchups on the GUI, I believe this to be feature complete for v3.0.0. I ask everyone to upgrade and provide any feedback at all. If there's something missing/not working/doesn't look right/etc. then this is the time to bring it up. If I hear nothing then I'll probably tag this as official and SRE will be going on the back burner for a little while (except for reported bugs and any required changes to maintain support with livepvrdata.com).
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger

How does LivePVRdata affect what can be monitored? Is it now easier to add new sports/events to be monitored? I know I have asked about CFL previously, but wonder if anything has changed now with the monitoring service.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro

Last edited by vividweb; 08-12-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividweb View Post
Slugger

How does LivePVRdata affect what can be monitored? Is it now easier to add new sports/events to be monitored? I know I have asked about CFL previously, but wonder if anything has changed now with the monitoring service.
Eventually, more sports/event types should be added, but it's out of my control - sort of. SRE now supports monitoring for whatever livepvrdata.com supports. The nice thing for me is that I got to remove all of the code that used to be in SRE for downloading, parsing, and interpreting web pages of scores. Now I just include the livepvrdata.com jar file and use their API. This is a life saver. It also means that broken parsers, etc. are no longer an SRE issue. Once a parser is fixed (at livepvrdata.com) then SRE is immediately and automatically fixed (with no updates required for SRE).

I say what's supported is "sort of" out of my control. That's because I'm in close contact with the livepvrdata.com team and am helping some with their (sports) monitors. So if something could be added, I can talk to them directly and perhaps make it happen - no promises though. With that said, livepvrdata.com is still in a closed beta and during the closed beta they are not focusing on adding all kinds of event monitors, but are focused on developing their app. Therefore I suspect what's supported now is not going to change any time soon and what's supported now are the 4 big pro sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) and NCAA football and basketball. These will probably be the only sports supported for the near future.

I'm more than willing to suggest CFL support (or any other event type), but the first thing they'll ask me is "where's the data source, is it near real time, and can it be easily consumed and interpreted?" And so that's my first question to you. If you can find the data source, I'll send it to them. Of course, this was always the same deal with older versions of SRE, except I was the one left to write the ugly piece in the middle that "consumed and interpreted" the data source. My deal has always been, you find the data source and I'll do the rest. Well, now the deal is, you find the data source and I'll do my best to have livepvrdata.com support it. Some events are going to be tougher than others. I suspect CFL football will be tougher, but at the end of the day I believe their goal is to support as many events as possible so, again, find the data source and I'll contact them about it.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

There should be something close to real time for CFL, especially with the new app that is out for BB and soon for iPhone. But whether that data is public or not will be the question.

I'll see if I can catch a game live. So used to just letting sage grab it, and watching later that never think to look when a game is actually on. If I find something I'll pass it on.

Glad you were able to find some way to get some help with your projects. You need to take some time and just watch TV.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pre season NFL

Tried a test game tonight (wanted to be sure I have this working before the 'real' NFL season starts)... Got the following message:

2010-08-12 20:00:02,358 INFO [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Preseason Football: Carolina Panthers at Baltimore Ravens': Unmonitored event; ending monitor

I'm assuming the pre-season NFL is not monitored? If that's the case, it looks like I have everything set up correctly with no other errors in the logs.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Tried a test game tonight (wanted to be sure I have this working before the 'real' NFL season starts)... Got the following message:

2010-08-12 20:00:02,358 INFO [AiringMonitor]: 'NFL Preseason Football: Carolina Panthers at Baltimore Ravens': Unmonitored event; ending monitor

I'm assuming the pre-season NFL is not monitored? If that's the case, it looks like I have everything set up correctly with no other errors in the logs.

Thanks,
Larry
Yes, "NFL Preseason Football" isn't supported, however, you can override the title to "NFL Football" and then SRE will attempt to monitor it. Be sure the game isn't a replay or tape delay otherwise SRE may be told the game is over way too early and then just stop the recording (if end early setting is enabled). This is the main reason why preseason NFL isn't supported by default (too many games are replayed/tape delayed and fool SRE when it tries to monitor them).
Old 08-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't seem to log in to SRE at all. Going to http://192.168.1.8:7650/sre/ (my server's address and the jetty port), gives me HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /sre/. Reason:

NOT_FOUND

The log file says that SRE is being loaded into Jetty:

2010-08-05 15:06:05,130 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-05 15:06:05,958 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-06 11:48:07,849 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-06 11:48:09,786 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-14 16:54:24,535 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-14 16:54:28,019 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-14 17:04:31,175 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-14 17:04:31,238 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-14 17:06:06,035 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-14 17:06:06,082 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!
2010-08-14 17:11:20,800 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deploying SRE app within Jetty plugin...
2010-08-14 17:11:20,863 INFO [SrePlugin]: Deployment into Jetty completed!

Running the latest version. What's the deal?

EDIT: I also just tried http://localhost:7650/sre/ on the server machine, but I still get the same error.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 08-14-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Typically that means SRE encountered an error during its initialization. To determine this, we need Jetty logging turned up and then look for exception dumps in the sagetv and/or jetty log files. Disabling SRE then reenabling it may get you started up again. If the same symptoms occur then there is likely an error at startup causing it to not load properly. Good news is, with a stack trace the problem is usually easily fixed; bad news is, without proper jetty logging enabled then the stack trace may never be logged.

If you continue to have problems, grab me on msn messenger (my id is my email, pm me if you don't have my email) and we can track it down (might take awhile, depending on the issue).