SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
After rereading your plans, you're not going to be able to make the kind of changes you want. If you want to change the background of existing pages (like DetailedInfo or Recordings) then that's not possible via Groovy because these web pages aren't generated via Groovy. Now, with some CSS changes you might be able to still change the background on these pages (I'm not a CSS wizard or even all that knowledgeable with it), but to dynamically figure out which image to actually use as the background, well that will require you to make changes to the Java code - again because the existing web pages are written in Java. You also won't be able to replace the channel logo with fanart, for example - or at least not without modifying the Java code that exists for the web page today.

Adding a new web page to the UI via Groovy and setting the background image dynamically via CSS - that's doable. I probably will need to make some changes to the templates to support it, but it's probably doable.
OK, I get it now.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
I am trying to update my webui plugin and cannot. It tells me the plugin is not compatible. I briefly searched his thread... Briefly .

I wan unable to find someone with this issue. Any idea why this plugin would all of the sudden be incompatible with my system?
Are you running 7.1.9? The latest version will only install if you're running Sage 7.1.9.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I am trying to update my webui plugin and cannot. It tells me the plugin is not compatible. I briefly searched his thread... Briefly .

I wan unable to find someone with this issue. Any idea why this plugin would all of the sudden be incompatible with my system?
I am experiencing the same problem. I get the "blue circle-I" alert that a new System Message is waiting, see that SageTV Web Interface has a new update available, and click on the message, but do not get the option to update the plugin... only "View Plugin Details" and "Close". When I look at the Plugin Detail screen, I see:

Version: 2.33.1749
Created on: 11/18/04
Last modified on: 1/7/12
Installed
Update Available on: 1/7/12
Compatible: No
Incompatibility Reason: SageTV Core Version: 7.1.9+

I am running the latest 'n' greatest V7 code on a 64-bit Win7 system.

I had the same error the last one or two times updates were available for this plugin, but I ignored them, assuming that this was a bug in version detection code or something and would be fixed in the next build... but the error persists...

KoB
Old 01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Bayonne View Post
I am experiencing the same problem. I get the "blue circle-I" alert that a new System Message is waiting, see that SageTV Web Interface has a new update available, and click on the message, but do not get the option to update the plugin... only "View Plugin Details" and "Close". When I look at the Plugin Detail screen, I see:

Version: 2.33.1749
Created on: 11/18/04
Last modified on: 1/7/12
Installed
Update Available on: 1/7/12
Compatible: No
Incompatibility Reason: SageTV Core Version: 7.1.9+

I am running the latest 'n' greatest V7 code on a 64-bit Win7 system.

I had the same error the last one or two times updates were available for this plugin, but I ignored them, assuming that this was a bug in version detection code or something and would be fixed in the next build... but the error persists...

KoB
Well, the Sage core thinks you're not running SageTV 7.1.9. There could very well be a bug, but if there is then it's in the core, not in the plugin itself. The core is what decides what is and isn't able to be installed.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Sage User

Well, I don't have a spatula big enough to scrape all of the egg off of my face...

I did in fact update all of my SageTV boxes to 7.1.9... all except for this one, that is. It was still running 7.1.8.

Sorry for the false alarm.

KoB
Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Has this been posted yet? I don't see it in this thread? Will you also be adding docs and examples to your SageTV-Addons Google code pages?

I would like to add Fanart images to the recording detail page. Is that possible with Groovlets and GSP scripts?
The tutorials, as promised.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Are you running 7.1.9? The latest version will only install if you're running Sage 7.1.9.
Yes I running 7.1.9 with Phoenix as primary ui on all tvs
Old 01-08-2012, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes I running 7.1.9 with Phoenix as primary ui on all tvs
What's the incompatibility reason listed for not being able to upgrade?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

it says sageTv core version 7.1.9+ is the incompatability reason...however i downloaded the most recent sagetv beta 7.1.9 and installed it back when it came out.

am i being stupid here?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
it says sageTv core version 7.1.9+ is the incompatability reason...however i downloaded the most recent sagetv beta 7.1.9 and installed it back when it came out.

am i being stupid here?
Go to the System Details screen within Sage, does it say you're running 7.1.9? As it stands, the core believes you're not and therefore is refusing to allow the upgrade of the plugin.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

am i being stupid here?
i dunno but i just dl the 7.1.9 AGAIN it even shows (1) next to the downlaod cause the installer is already in my downlaods from last time...however this time it worked and my system shows 7.1.9 and i was able to update web ui.

thanks!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible to execute a Groovy script from a custom web page that I would create using the new functionality?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is it possible to execute a Groovy script from a custom web page that I would create using the new functionality?
The web pages you create are groovy scripts. So I guess the answer is yes. Can these web pages then call other groovy scripts? Absolutely, except you're on the hook for actually executing the script(s) you want to trigger (i.e. the plumbing required to make that happen isn't done automatically like it is in SJQ or mc2xmlepg, etc.).

Furthermore, if you were thinking of calling a groovy script you wrote for SJQ from such a web page then you're going to have to do even more extra work to simulate the SJQ runtime env from the web page. SJQ injects a lot of implicit/automatic variables into the scripts it runs meaning most groovy scripts written for SJQ will not run in a vanilla/stock groovy environment such as the web UI.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

The reason that I asked the above question is that I would like to be able to do stuff like restart the SageTVservice and even reboot my Sage server from the web UI.

Would this be an easy enhancement for the Web UI in the future?

One potential problem with this is that if Sage gets really hung then I imagine it is possible that the web UI may be dead as well. Therefore I am considering other options like running Shutter both on this PC and a second PC on my LAN since it is pretty easy to reboot a PC or restart a service remotely via a batch file.

I actually have two servers on my LAN, both running Sage and the web UI so I could actually still do this via the web server as long as I could execute a batch file and could reboot server A from server B and vice-versa.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The reason that I asked the above question is that I would like to be able to do stuff like restart the SageTVservice and even reboot my Sage server from the web UI.

Would this be an easy enhancement for the Web UI in the future?

One potential problem with this is that if Sage gets really hung then I imagine it is possible that the web UI may be dead as well. Therefore I am considering other options like running Shutter both on this PC and a second PC on my LAN since it is pretty easy to reboot a PC or restart a service remotely via a batch file.

I actually have two servers on my LAN, both running Sage and the web UI so I could actually still do this via the web server as long as I could execute a batch file and could reboot server A from server B and vice-versa.
Create a file called restart.groovy in SageTV\webserver\groovy\

Put the following in it:

Code:
import sagex.api.*

Utility.Restart()
Now go to /sage/restart.groovy in your web browser (be careful, doing so will restart the Sage instance you're connecting to). Easy enough, eh?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome - and i am assuming that it should also work from any web enabled device including Blackberry, iPhone, etc?

I guess you could restart the machine buy creating a groovy script in that same folder called reboot.groovy that runs something like this:
def command ="cmd /c shutdown /r /t 0 /f"
Def proc=command.execute()

Assuming that you don't need double slashes. I guess there is no point in a .waitfor in this command?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Awesome - and i am assuming that it should also work from any web enabled device including Blackberry, iPhone, etc?
Any web browser will (should) work be it desktop, mobile, embedded, etc.

Quote:
I guess you could restart the machine buy creating a groovy script in that same folder called reboot.groovy that runs something like this:
def command ="cmd /c shutdown /r /t 0 /f"
Def proc=command.execute()

Assuming that you don't need double slashes. I guess there is no point in a .waitfor in this command?
All true, except I would eat the output to prevent a possible deadlock. So after the execute() call I'd add a line:

proc.consumeProcessOutput()

Probably not totally necessary in this case, but better safe than sorry because if you do hit an OS deadlock here it's a real PITA to debug and try and figure out what's going on.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I have had to use the consumeProcessOutput on scripts where I call exes like comskip or handbrakecli that produce lots of output. Not using this option seems to cause Groovy to choke on all of the data sent to stodut and your scripts seem to freeze up for a long time. But that is likely more of a discussion for the SJQ forum.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have had to use the consumeProcessOutput on scripts where I call exes like comskip or handbrakecli that produce lots of output. Not using this option seems to cause Groovy to choke on all of the data sent to stodut and your scripts seem to freeze up for a long time. But that is likely more of a discussion for the SJQ forum.
They don't freeze for a long time, they deadlock (i.e. they block forever/until killed). The reason is warned about in the JDK javadocs for Process. Luckily, Groovy provides convenience methods to address the issue (i.e. consumeProcessOutput()). In Java, you have to jump through a lot of hoops to handle this issue.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

xml=yes no longer working

hi,

after upgrading the plugin to 2.33.1749 the xml button (next to the recordings overview) no longer works.

I've had the issue a couple of years ago but can't remember/find how I got it fixed but it may of course not be relevant anymore.

A bit intimidated by the dependencies so before I start re-installing everything with xml in the plugin name I thought I'd cry for help. So if someone has seen this/fixed this then a hint is very much appreciated.

Update: for currently watching, currently recording, upcoming recordings the xml button does work - its the http://iport/sage/Recordings?xml=yes recordings overview which no longer works. Any tips on how to fix that?

thanks!

Last edited by jhh; 01-20-2012 at 08:02 AM.