SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
One other thing with the web UI - under Starring it creates links with the names of the characters and actors, both for searching in the web UI and for IMDZB. But the IMDB links are useless because they contain both the characters name and the actors name. So the IMDB link should be fixed to only contain the actors name, or if that can't be done then get rid of the linkk completely. And I would also think that the link for the actors name for the local Sage search should also only contain the actors name, not the characters name. Perhaps this broke through the years and used to contain only the actors name but the SD guide data now also includes the character name.

Here is an example from Modern Family:

Sofía Vergara -- Gloria Delgado-Pritchett [imdb]
I'm pretty sure this has been this way for a very long time. SageTV doesn't store the character and the actor in 2 separate fields, and over time the convention has been to append them into a single field separating them with a double dash. I know when I deal with this I typially split on the "--" and then manage them as 2 fields.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I know when I deal with this I typially split on the "--" and then manage them as 2 fields.
Hopefully it will be treated this way in the web UI.

Have you had any chance to work on the "Grand Unified SageTV Web UI" that you have spoken about in the past that would combine BMT and the "regular" web UI?
Old 02-02-2018, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Which page is doing this, detailed info? Could you take a screen shot? I can't reproduce this on my system (though I'm not using BMT for my TVDB interactions). Looking through the code for the webui, I don't see an issue either. So maybe a screen shot would help me narrow it down.
It's happening on the Sage Recordings page.
Attached Images
File Type: png SageTV-WebUI-nulls.png (110.5 KB, 211 views)
Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I've noticed that the Web UI doesn't handle special TV episodes very well. The TVDB defines specials as Season 0. The Web UI displays this as "null" on the listings so it ends up printing, e.g. "nullEpisode 16". This should be handled more gracefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
One other thing with the web UI - under Starring it creates links with the names of the characters and actors, both for searching in the web UI and for IMDZB. But the IMDB links are useless because they contain both the characters name and the actors name. So the IMDB link should be fixed to only contain the actors name, or if that can't be done then get rid of the linkk completely. And I would also think that the link for the actors name for the local Sage search should also only contain the actors name, not the characters name. Perhaps this broke through the years and used to contain only the actors name but the SD guide data now also includes the character name.

Here is an example from Modern Family:

Sofía Vergara -- Gloria Delgado-Pritchett [imdb]
Both of these are fixed in version 3.3.1, which should show up soon. (As soon as the plugin repository update is merged.)
Old 02-04-2018, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Both of these are fixed in version 3.3.1, which should show up soon. (As soon as the plugin repository update is merged.)
Thank you. Another thing I realized yesterday that actually kind of bugs me. When you search for media why do the titles of movies show twice in each listing like a title and subtitle?
Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks - the actor links work properly now
Old 02-05-2018, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Not sure how much new development you want to do on this but it would be nice to have something like the parallel recording schedule except more compressed (e.g. only showing the times where recordings are scheduled, not all the unscheduled times also). Or maybe showing parallel per day.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not sure how much new development you want to do on this but it would be nice to have something like the parallel recording schedule except more compressed (e.g. only showing the times where recordings are scheduled, not all the unscheduled times also). Or maybe showing parallel per day.
+1 (or a billion) YES PLEASE!!

Parallel recording schedule is where I do the majority of my scheduling conflict resolution. So much easier when you can actually *see* the conflict, not to mention which tuner SageTV wants to put a recording on.

Easy to do when I'm home, but when I'm up in Maine visiting family or spending time at my camp and have to use my tablet and the web UI it becomes much more difficult when all you can see is a schedule of recordings and no "graphical" view showing how things mesh. I have 6 tuners on my main server (OK, 8 if you count the 2 OTA tuners that are last to be used) and record a LOT.
If we had a parallel view with the suggestions you gave, or even one the same as SageTV that would make things MUCH easier.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank you so much for keeping this tool going. I do all scheduling with the web interface, and recording management.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

And if you are adding more then I would love to see more config options available via the Web UI. For starters it might be nice to see a list of the video sources and the ability to do channel setup from a web page - albeit without preview capability. That would be easier than the current system as I find it easier to do that sort of stuff in a 2 ft UI designed for keyboard input compared to a 10ft UI designed for a remote control. The current UI only shows 5 channels at a time - you could show dozens on a web page - not unlike the Channel grid view in the web UI where you can show up to 999 channels on one page.

And the Setup - Detailed Setup options screens would also be nice in the Web UI.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm definitely up for some new development. These are all great ideas. I can't make any promises as to when, since my free time is in short supply these days, but I've noted all of these ideas. I've had some ideas of my own that I've been kicking around too.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I've recently noticed that, at least on the Recording Schedule, when you choose "All" on "Results Per Page" it gives the same results as selecting 100. It seems you can select a specific number but "All" does not work as expected.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've recently noticed that, at least on the Recording Schedule, when you choose "All" on "Results Per Page" it gives the same results as selecting 100. It seems you can select a specific number but "All" does not work as expected.
I can confirm. Looking at the code, this likely affects anything displaying a list of Airings. When I get a chance, I'll fix this and publish an update.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Exclamation Help! The SageTV Web Interface no longer installs on V7

I had to reinstall a SageTV v7 and unfortunately the SageTV Web Interface, which is vital for my EPG update, doesn't install anymore because of an outdated repository (uses a dropbox address that no longer exists).

After a quick search I found the web server is available on SourceForge instead, so I as wondering whether it would be possible to have the links updated on SageTVPlugins.xml please?

I know this is a very old thread and the majority have moved to STV9, unfortunately I cannot make the move and still relying on V7.

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 10-17-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I had to reinstall a SageTV v7 and unfortunately the SageTV Web Interface, which is vital for my EPG update, doesn't install anymore because of an outdated repository (uses a dropbox address that no longer exists).

After a quick search I found the web server is available on SourceForge instead, so I as wondering whether it would be possible to have the links updated on SageTVPlugins.xml please?
You can put a SageTVPluginsDev.xml file in your sage directory (Same folder as the SageTVPlugins.xml file) that overrides the plugin entry to point to the sourceforge folder. That's probably the quickest solution to your problem.

I've attached what I think are the correct contents of that file to pull the files from Source Forge. Try it out. (Remove the .txt extension.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTVPluginsDev.xml.txt (3.1 KB, 166 views)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You can put a SageTVPluginsDev.xml file in your sage directory (Same folder as the SageTVPlugins.xml file) that overrides the plugin entry to point to the sourceforge folder. That's probably the quickest solution to your problem.

I've attached what I think are the correct contents of that file to pull the files from Source Forge. Try it out. (Remove the .txt extension.)
Thank you so much for that

I will have a go tonight and report back

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 11-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Sorry for the late replay, being away....

I tried this method but STV still looking to the old paths...I might just try to download/unzip the files...I know that for STV9 in order to have the Dev mode override to work you also have to add the devmode=true in Sage.properties, but this mechanism is not working on STV7

I might just ask Opus4 to update the original SageTVPlugins.xml with yours

Many thank anyway

Cheers
Eddy

Old 11-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Sorry for the late replay, being away....

I tried this method but STV still looking to the old paths...I might just try to download/unzip the files...I know that for STV9 in order to have the Dev mode override to work you also have to add the devmode=true in Sage.properties, but this mechanism is not working on STV7

I might just ask Opus4 to update the original SageTVPlugins.xml with yours

Many thank anyway

Cheers
Eddy

Actually, scrap that. I managed to get it working, basically you need to change the plugin's version, I just added a .0 to the current plugin version and it found the new plugin, the only downside it that now STV thinks that there is a new version available (which is a actually the broken one), but not an issue for me

Cheers
Eddy

Old 11-07-2019, 04:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If you install via plugin you have to configure the Jetty webserver... and the way to access it is below. If you want to setup port, user or password you have to configure the jetty plugin in the Sage UI... the default is sage the password is frey port 8080

try
http://localhost:8080/apps
Three words "frey port 8080"? Not working. How do I configure the password?
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 11-07-2019, 05:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think the password is only "frey".

Username: sage
Password: frey

Web Port: 8080 (http://<web page url>:8080

The only constant in the Universe is change.